The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best place to position an ITR while wearing a T-shirt? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poindexta
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Poindexta
Hey guys,

I typically perform in more casual clothing, and what with the weather becoming increasingly warmer, I tend to not wear an overshirt as much lately. Before, I would just pin my ITR somewhere out of sight under my overshirt. However, as summer approaches, I'm more often to be found wandering around in a t-shirt. I've been fumbling with an appropriate place to clip my ITR, and having no real luck. Should I put it under the t-shirt, near the collar area, or what? Any suggestions or ideas are most certainly welcome.

:)
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Inside the back of the collar may work, although it would rub against the neck. It would eliminate any twitching of the fabric, that may be visible from the front.

I can think of another hook-up that could be done with an ITR, but the specifics are a marketed item by Jon LeClair.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thread work is to be used at the proper place and atmosphere, that includes clothing. Short sleeves is not good for thread work, and unless your T-Shirt is 'busy', then it will stand out like a white string. So it is best to wait til you dress properly for IT work. It is not magic if they see it and they will without the proper environment.

One thing you could try, is if you wear pants, as you stated you only wear a T-shirt. Place it in your fly. If you wear button fly, is perfect, but being more creative with a zipper. This idea is from the famous Paul Fox Rising Cards.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
The other alternative is ditch the ITR altogether! Good old-fashioned I.T. (is there such a thing?) woks for me in a t-shirt! A busy pattern is essential. Knowing which I.T. to use is critical! I like INEXPENSIVE!

:)

Doug
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Doug`s idea is great. I have seen many performers using only IT by having a loop placed around one ear as they performélevitate whatever they wish.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best place to position an ITR while wearing a T-shirt? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL