The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis to get into character? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tehmagic1
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of tehmagic1
Hey everyone, I'm exploring all the possibilities of hypnosis and was wondering if it's possible (and safe) to use hypnosis to get people into character?

I'm in my school's Renaissance Faire club and at the end of the school year the club hold a "fair" that the other students walk through. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Renaissance Faires, they are a fair with swords, food, and entertainment (including magic and wizards, so I'm already performing magic and possibly a bit of hypnosis there Smile) to recreate a town-like setting from the renaissance times.

Anyways, everyone who's in the club needs to create an alternate character that we become during the fair. It makes it more interesting and fun than just being our normal modern selves. Is it possible to make someone believe that they are actually their character that they created, using hypnosis? It would be really cool for someone to instead of acting as their character, to actually BE the character! Also, are there any risks in doing this? I'm a little worried that someone might not respond to their real name (if something important happens or there is an emergency), or not "come back to normal" when the event is over. I won't be hypnotizing everyone in the group, probably just a few people. Sounds like a really "newbie" question, but I'm still a bit new to this. I'm guessing that all you have to do is eliminate those possibilities when you give the subject your instructions
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9425 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
You are not understanding what hypnosis is. This is preventing you from seeing what is and is not possible with hypnosis. Even if they were hypnotized they would only act out or on what they know and would probably be doing the same as in their "character" without hypnosis. The answer to your question the way I see it is no. Plus it appears by your "guessing" you are in no way qualified to execute hypnosis and therefore have no reason to expect them to respond to what you are thinking. Again by your questions it's evident you do not understand what hypnosis is and is not.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6124 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You don't to hypnotize anyone into any character where there are swords around period. Some do get carried away.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9425 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
In my experience a wench is a wench with or without hypnosis.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19629 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You may want.to meditate. Acting lessons are what you are looking for.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tehmagic1
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of tehmagic1
@Mindpro: Yeah, you're right. People would just keep doing what they would be doing anyways. I actually kinda realized that right after I posted.

@mindpunisher: hahaha yeah didn't think of that...probably not a good idea.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6124 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2012-04-26 13:14, Mindpro wrote:
In my experience a wench is a wench with or without hypnosis.

Yes but more wenches are mine with hypnosis...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis to get into character? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL