The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Real Voice tape recorders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I need a tape recorder that wile make my voice sound as realistic as possible.

Does anyone know of voice recorders that will fulfill what I need?
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Hey forget this post. I found what I needed. I got an Olympus VN-7200 for $39.99 from Radio Shack. It is a digital voice recorder, and it does what I want.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1820 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Wizardpa, I was going to suggest visiting Radio Shack. But I hesitated, because I thought other more knowledgeable posters would jump in ahead of me.

We, too, use a little digital device from Radio Shack to record on-the-spot client quotes after our shows, as well as to record magical and musical ideas we think of spontaneously.

Arthur Stead
http://www.arthurstead.com
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
But how realistic do these actually sound? In my experience, the shift 15-20 years ago from tape to digital in smaller devices signaled a demise in the accuracy and quality of voice recordings.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I think the sound is pretty close to what I need and want it to be. I was not happy with the mini tape recorder I bought.

I built a Cargo crate for my Hands Free Axtell Vent Puppet. I place Taco, my puppet in his crate after I do a 20 minute routine with him. I then finish my magic show which is about another 25-30 minutes. I set the recorder up so that about 30-35 minutes after placing Taco in his crate he starts to talk and sing while inside his crate. This way while I am loading up my car after the show it will give the illusion that even with as funny looking as Taco is, that he is real.
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
A great post-script!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Real Voice tape recorders (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL