The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Dawn Tarot...is here (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
goshawk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of goshawk
Quote:
On 2012-07-04 04:20, Tim Dowd wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-03 00:42, afinemesh wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-30 01:15, Tim Dowd wrote:
These cards... In S1 S73881NS order using my mnemonic, together with a N0X ARCANA Soundtrack has just upped my game... Thanks.

If anyone is interested we could discuss this downstairs...

I'm game!

Done http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=221#0

Hi Tim,
I would love to discuss methods further using the DDT and other outlaw products...when I click on link it does not allow me to view. Can you tell me how to gain access?
Thanks
Alan
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Goshawk,you have to have 50 post to enter the crypt!

Your screen name,are you into Falconry ?

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
goshawk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of goshawk
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 22:11, Godzilla wrote:
Goshawk,you have to have 50 post to enter the crypt!

Your screen name,are you into Falconry ?

Gary

Thanks Gary, another post done..32 to go! LOL.
Yes..at the moment birdless, having a season off. Had a few gosses in my time Smile
Alan
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Not trying to derail...

LOL
Love the birds of prey! I know the guys that made 'Hawking the Gos',you may have that DVD.

Get your 50 in,and some of the topics you will enjoy in the crypt! Don't get to excited,there is a lot of great stuff up here in 'Spooky'!

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
scathmadre
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of scathmadre
Dark Dawn Tarot

The deck, based on the numbering would have been printed between 1909, and perhaps up into the 50's (based on paper choices and aging). 'dating' this deck to the 1800's could be a disaster should you find an audience member 'up' on their Tarot history.

The images reflect that Cody Stoltz knows more about Tarot than most luminaries in the field (Temperance contains a clue that most pro readers miss). Truly great stuff.

Now if only we could convince Rick for a marked Dodal…
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2050 Posts

Profile of aligator
Temperance - for me, you just dodged, or about to dodge, a bullet

Pm with your clue scathmadre if it is different. thx.
scathmadre
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of scathmadre
First off, let me repeat, Cody rocks.

Look at the image of Temperance.

Think about #'s 13 & 15. Who are they?

Now look at #14 again. Way mondo cool.
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Take a look at card 13, 14 and then look at card 6.

What stories do they share?

I love this. Smile
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
422 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
On 2012-09-14 16:15, scathmadre wrote:
First off, let me repeat, Cody rocks.

Indeed. I can't speak highly enough of the Dark Dawn Tarot. I even ended up purchasing a second set.

Rick and Cody did a great job.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Grrr I had an issue with my paypal account so until I can sort it out I can not buy any new toys. this sucks .....im going through withdrawals here.
themaurie
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of themaurie
DDT is amazing! Just got mine and am in awe of their beauty. Seriously considering a second set for framing.
brucewilcox
View Profile
Loyal user
Readers advised to disregard most of my
266 Posts

Profile of brucewilcox
I couldn't decide between Dark Dawn and Carnie, so I got them both, and I'm very glad indeed that I did.
...in the Land of the Free, and the Home of the B'Wave.
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
I remembered the 1st time I used DDT, even before the querent turn the card, he was already feeling goosebump and contemplating whether to turn the card over or not. He did in the end, and it answered his question without me really having to explain the card.

I'm still hoping that Cody will release a minor arcana version. Smile
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Quote:
On 2013-04-17 22:28, piyuyu wrote:
I remembered the 1st time I used DDT, even before the querent turn the card, he was already feeling goosebump and contemplating whether to turn the card over or not. He did in the end, and it answered his question without me really having to explain the card.

I'm still hoping that Cody will release a minor arcana version. Smile

Ive havent used DDT for readings yet, but this will certainly help inspire me to do so!
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
Would people recommend this over all other Tarot decks (like the Carny etc.) for regular use: or is it more of a 'special' deck for occaisional or select use?
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
I would say this can be used for any occasion you would need or would normally want to use a major aracana tarot. Though, if you felt you loved the DDT so much and wanted its beauty only to be shared at select times and occasion, you could do that also...

Its not exactly delicate or glass like fragile, if that's what you were asking about constant use?

M.I.
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of dennper
I use a full deck of tarot for the 'regular' reading for my clients. Then, if there is some important question that yet needs to be answered after the regular reading I might pull out the DDT and do a one or two card pull. The deck oozes seriousness and power and, as noted above, people get this the minute you put it in their hands, so I save it for special occasions.
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Just received mine on Saturday. Man, that was fast. Thanks, Rick!

Love the idea for the m**kings. Off to the crypt to check out Mr. Dowd's contributions. Thank you as well! Smile
numizmata
View Profile
New user
Budapest
63 Posts

Profile of numizmata
The cards and the aging is beautiful, but the card 14 is weird. In Roman numerical 14 is XIV not XIIII! Smile

I found something interesting on the edges of the cards. Its seems very useful...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-08-28 15:48, numizmata wrote:

I found something interesting on the edges of the cards. Its seems very useful...

I,thought they did have a strange taste! Smile

Can you share a little more,about your edge find,if it does not make a total reveal ?

~G
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Dawn Tarot...is here (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL