The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Dawn Tarot...is here (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Congratulations Smile
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Quote:
On 2012-04-28 00:08, Godzilla wrote:

And,she looks like 'Jessica Rabbit' too...

Lol Gary! I thought we already discussed this!!
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Just noticed this has jumped from a 100 set limited run to a 150 set limited run(I have noticed this with a few other outlaw items in the past). Personally, I do not care(I collect O.E. because of the quality not because I want a certain number of a limited effect) but some might consider this a bit of "bait and switch".
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Necro, while that is a fair point, I think that for most buyers, quality, craftsmanship and maybe cost factors are a lot more important to buyers than the rarity of an item. So I don't think its that big an issue really.

Though I am like you, and I don't really care about limited numbers of items. If anyone thinks differently Im sure they will voice their opinions soon.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Quote:
On 2012-04-28 12:38, Mind illusionist wrote:
Necro, while that is a fair point, I think that for most buyers, quality, craftsmanship and maybe cost factors are a lot more important to buyers than the rarity of an item. So I don't think its that big an issue really.

True enough.
When the production numbers jumped for the SM, I was the first one to state that Rick should just make as many as he wants or needs to sell to make a living. I personally do not believe he is running a "bait and switch", But I am sure that there are those that will be upset that there limited edition is a little less limited.
I do, however, think that if you are going to limit something, you should put a firm number, or none at all. I respect Prof BC's decision to stay firm with his decision to limit his production runs.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
After all the blood, sweat and tears for almost 4 months, near death illness and unforseen technical issues, we felt with all that time and effort to make this deck happen the DDT deserved to be seen and owned by at least a mere 150 of the over 2,500 outlaw customers we have.
Less than 10% will have that opportunity.

I was advised early on not to make DDT a limited edition, it will sell for years and years I was told, which is true, but I did make it a limited edition.

Such a small release in the world of tarot cards, for such a wonderful original deck.

I raised the release number well before the deck was finished, in stock or even started shipping.

A very small amount of that number were pre-sold, about 12% of the run, leaving 88% of the buyers to decide if they want one of only 150 units, and the pre-orders getting very very low Certificate numbers .

Making the decision to raise the run before it started shipping was a decision to benefit outlaw customers that want a special product and may not have had the chance to acquire it with a lower number made.

Thanks Guys!

One day they will say "Ï wish there were more DDT available!" and there won't be Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-04-28 14:30, Roth wrote:
Such a small release in the world of tarot cards, for such a wonderful original deck.

My feelings exactly. 150 is nothing when it comes to Tarot decks. Imagine if there were only 150 Rider Waite decks!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Jorey, is correct on this!
I am a collector...but,if you are a true collector,you really would not be purchasing an item to use! You buy it,put it up,and leave it untouched as much as possible!
Rick,did the right thing on this! Smile He could have put a limit of 50. Then after the 50 was gone,made another 50 with a slight change in the color of backs,or some other slight change. It still would have only been 50 of each! And,so on! Outlaw just came out and said 150 of the DDT.
That is a better straight forward approach!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-04-28 14:53, afinemesh wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-28 14:30, Roth wrote:

My feelings exactly. 150 is nothing when it comes to Tarot decks. Imagine if there were only 150 Rider Waite decks!

Agreed with Jorey. 150 in the entire planet is already an extremely rare item.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Well, I am certainly glad that everyone cares as little as I do about "limited editions". After spending 15 years in toy/hobby industry, where people would scream like a banshee over the issue, I was expecting more of a backlash. I am so happy to be proven wrong. Personally, I am happy the run was increased. As many here know I am a bit strapped at the moment, so now I have a bit more time to wait to order.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
422 Posts

Profile of minty
Congratulations Rick and Cody. They look beautiful. I'm so looking forward to receiving mine.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Has anyone received the DDT...Yet ?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
I got mine... Does that count? lol
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 15:23, Godzilla wrote:
Has anyone received the DDT...Yet ?

Yes!
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 15:25, Stoltz wrote:

Are they nicer than what you thought,when you ordered ?
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 15:48, Godzilla wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 15:25, Stoltz wrote:

Are they nicer than what you thought,when you ordered ?

You think I don't know a trick question when I hear one? lol
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2156 Posts

Profile of RCP
They here
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Initial impressions review posted in the "Tarot of the Dark Dawn Spotted in the Wild" thread.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I received mine today and they are waaaaaaay nicer than the photos. These are a thing of beauty. My hat's off to Cody and Rick on this one. . .brilliant!!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2156 Posts

Profile of RCP
OK, so what do they do? I kid, I kid
If you have ever seen or held cards from the 1800’s then you know what these feel like. They are more faded (aged) then some of the photos here.
They fit in your Hobbs box or the Spiritus, they belong there!
They are a little big for Scott Grossberg’s casting cloth although the color and feel are a perfect match.
WA is a given.
I will post again when I have had time to study them and reflect……..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Dawn Tarot...is here (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL