The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Dawn Tarot...is here (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Thanks for the nice comments. The DDT decks are amazing and I wanted to have something special for it. I did not construct the box itself. I purchased it at a craft store for $5. They have plain unstained / unpainted boxes that normally have defects of some sort - mostly just cosmetic. I think the defects make it age better and they carry enough of the same type throughout the season to make as many as you wanted.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
422 Posts

Profile of minty
I love the Dark Dawn Tarot.

Christopher Gould at Alchemy Moon made me a wonderful box to keep them in. It has the design from the back of the cards incorporated on the top of the box. He did an awesome job. I don't think the boxes are officially available anymore, but it may be possible to commission a similar type of box if anyone fancies one.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1543 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
$5 for the box is great find - what craft store would this be ? Would love to if it's a chain store & may have one or something like near me......
You did a great job staining etch / burned symbol's on it nicely.
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Very nice. Thanks for sharing pics.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5453 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Very nice.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Quote:
On 2013-10-01 10:47, Merlinsmagic wrote:
$5 for the box is great find - what craft store would this be ? Would love to if it's a chain store & may have one or something like near me......
You did a great job staining etch / burned symbol's on it nicely.

Thanks. I usually look at Michaels for plain boxes. AC Moore would be another that would have things like that. I have not really checked out hobby lobby. If you get the "Michaels app" for you phone - all existing coupons and even bonus ones are on it and they will scan them off your phone at the register. Normally you will always find a 40% coupon in there and a lot of times 25% entire purchase coupons as well. If you own a business you can also get a resale account there (No tax since you are buying it to resell). Boxes are already cheap the one above was $5.99 - but once you use all the coupons etc they are even less. They also will sell metal corners and rivets etc. While you are there, they also sell all the krylon sprays you may want for making gimmicks.

also...The latches on most of the boxes are typically super lame. You will normally need to change that.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1543 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Thanx, was wondering if it was something from Michael's, great & thank you for the info will have to hit M's & AC's tomorrow Smile
Agree about the latches though.....
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
888 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
I have this deck, but can not locate the instructions / performance manuel. Could one of my dark brothers help me out?
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I don't remember getting any information on the cards..... I just got the cards.

Ray
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2015, steven-gibson wrote:
I have this deck, but can not locate the instructions / performance manuel. Could one of my dark brothers help me out?

Steve, PMed you.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Got it, thank you all! Thanks to TH1, Bedford, Pasteboard Alchemist, and Ray. If there is a dark dawn tarot owner out there that needs the directions, pm me your email address. I will send directions to you. It is brief and explain the works. Tell me how many candles on the high priestess card to verify ownership.
Uninvited
View Profile
New user
Chicago
64 Posts

Profile of Uninvited
Bravo! Gorgeous work and easily passable as a worn deck of arcana from a time gone bye! I look forward to working them into a routine with a Hobbs Hand.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Good avatar uninvited. You are very welcome here in Spooky.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3453 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2012, Pizpor wrote:
Like the others, I'm really admiring my new set of Dark Dawn tarots. They actually present a little bit of a dilemma for me - I don't know if I should actually put them into the act, or frame them as works of art. I would venture to say that I believe these are a collectable item in the making. In my opinion, a rock solid investment.

Can't stop fidgeting with them. Well done Outlaw!

Correct you were, collectable they are. You had great insight so maybe you should do readings.....
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
271 Posts

Profile of greerj
Does anyone remember what the Dark Dawn sold for? Thinking of selling mine and want to be fair.

Thanks.

John
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
80 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2021, greerj wrote:
Does anyone remember what the Dark Dawn sold for? Thinking of selling mine and want to be fair.

Thanks.

John

pm’d you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Dawn Tarot...is here (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL