The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Dawn Tarot...is here (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Andy Presto
View Profile
New user
UK
7 Posts

Profile of Andy Presto
My set arrived in the UK last week. For me these are the best Tarot cards Outlaw have ever done. Really original artwork coupled with superb hand finishing to age the cards. Totally impressed - great job by Rick and Cody.
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Pop quiz: how many times does Death make an appearance?
how many outlaw effects are represented?
what does the signature mean which is found on each card?
Timothy Dowd
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
enteny wega
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of enteny wega
Recieved last week the DDT. First impression: This is the real thing. It feels and looks like a old a master piece in your hands.
The art work is special and great for story telling.
I own several Tarot Decks but this one is a killer. I think I'm gonna use this one for my future readings!

Thx Rick and Cody!
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3925 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I'm proud to be a Canadian with maybe one exception. Sometimes our postal service can be sooooo slooooowwww.

I'd ordered my DDT quite a while ago and started reading the rave reviews from you guys shortly after that. YOU had YOUR cards and apparently mine were somewhere on the back of a husky dog in the Arctic.

They came today, though.

My, my -- Rick and Cody. You guys really outdid yourselves on these babies. Opening the box, there is that patented WTF? Outlaw scent. I'm thinkin' furniture polish on a coffin...but that's probably just me. I open the box...I open the bag...I take off the elastics and start looking at these cards.

One at a time.

Tarot decks can really be works of art...and this one is certainly that. But there's an extra something. I'm not sure what that something is...but it's there in every single image. It's mysterious...sorta spooky...but utterly captivating. I spent nearly an hour looking at those cards one by one. The subtleties and nuances in the drawings simply demand your attention.

They look old and you have to wonder where they were before they showed up in my hands...

That they were designed by performers FOR performers shows true in the way they've been made. The m*rkings are going to be easy to see in low light situations -- an increasingly important consideration for these aging eyes.

But the real remarkable thing is that you just want to hold them...use them. The thickness and odd feel of these cards makes them unique. (And the Hermit looks suspiciously like a certain Outlaw guy-pal-of-mine... Smile ...the one with shifty eyes.)

It's another home run for Outlaw as far as I'm concerned.

Will they replace my second favorite Outlaw prop of all time (that second thing being the utterly outstandingly devastating Carnie Tarot) and squirm their way into my shows? Not sure. I love the Carnie and am totally used to it. But maybe there's a second effect in there with this set.

I'm not sure...but in either case...I'm glad I own my own DDT. Lovely creepy wonderful stuff.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
goshawk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of goshawk
Just want to say......... A BIG thanks to Rick and Cody for producing this fine deck!i know there was lots of hype about this deck but they are superb in every way!
Another QUALITY item to add to my ever growing outlaw effects!!
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Quote:
On 2012-06-26 18:20, goshawk wrote:
Just want to say......... A BIG thanks to Rick and Cody for producing this fine deck!i know there was lots of hype about this deck but they are superb in every way!
Another QUALITY item to add to my ever growing outlaw effects!!

Ditto. They are very clever chappies.
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Just received my DDT last week and took some time to look at them yesterday night, putting some of the cards side by side, forming stories in my head. There are thousands of stories to be told, and I can't wait to start telling them.

I only realised that these cards are marked until I saw the instructions. Big bonus, the markings are so easy to read.
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Quote:
On 2012-06-26 21:28, piyuyu wrote:

I only realised that these cards are marked until I saw the instructions. Big bonus, the markings are so easy to read.

instructions?? is this a recent addition for DDT? Cause mine never came with any instructions Smile
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
We want to thank all you guys for the wonderful feedback!! There are no "formal" instructions with the DDT. I do email buyers with how to read the M***ings Smile and sometimes refer them to their Carnie decks.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I didn't think there was inst***tions with the *DT!
R**k,can you send me some inst***tions on how to read the *arnie cards,so I know how to do *A,and the *DT? Smile
And,are both the *arnie Decks ****ed? lol

Just, Ki**ing...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
422 Posts

Profile of minty
Alternative Comedy I guess.
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Ohh Gary, you should do stand up mate! Smile
Ragged Robin
View Profile
New user
Boondock
26 Posts

Profile of Ragged Robin
Okaayyyy... my Dark Dawn Tarot came in today and inspired my first post here ever! Simply put, it's fantastic! The faces of the cards are beautiful - they colours are perfect and the images and contain a lot more symbolism than I expected. The backs are really very authentic-looking and the little something extra isn't apparent until it is, then it's as easy as pie. Smile This is my fourth Outlaw product and is immediately upon receipt tied with The Teller for my fave.

Thanks Rick and Cody. Smile
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2619 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-06-27 04:53, Mind illusionist wrote:
Ohh Gary, you should do stand up mate! Smile

Gary IS pretty funny, isn't he. . .?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-06-29 20:09, Ragged Robin wrote:
Okaayyyy... my Dark Dawn Tarot came in today and inspired my first post here ever! Simply put, it's fantastic! The faces of the cards are beautiful - the colours are perfect and the images contain a lot more symbolism than I expected. The backs are really very authentic-looking and the little something extra isn't apparent until it is, then it's as easy as pie. Smile This is my fourth Outlaw product and is immediately upon receipt tied with The Teller for my fave.

Thanks Rick and Cody. Smile

Thank you S.L.! I thought I recognized your name Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
These cards... In S1 S73881NS order using my mnemonic, together with a N0X ARCANA Soundtrack has just upped my game... Thanks.

If anyone is interested we could discuss this downstairs...
Timothy Dowd
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
Like the others, I'm really admiring my new set of Dark Dawn tarots. They actually present a little bit of a dilemma for me - I don't know if I should actually put them into the act, or frame them as works of art. I would venture to say that I believe these are a collectable item in the making. In my opinion, a rock solid investment.

Can't stop fidgeting with them. Well done Outlaw!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2619 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-06-30 01:15, Tim Dowd wrote:
These cards... In S1 S73881NS order using my mnemonic, together with a N0X ARCANA Soundtrack has just upped my game... Thanks.

I'm game!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 22:52, Pizpor wrote:
Like the others, I'm really admiring my new set of Dark Dawn tarots. They actually present a little bit of a dilemma for me - I don't know if I should actually put them into the act, or frame them as works of art. I would venture to say that I believe these are a collectable item in the making. In my opinion, a rock solid investment.

Can't stop fidgeting with them. Well done Outlaw!

Thank you! We're so glad you like them Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Quote:
On 2012-07-03 00:42, afinemesh wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-30 01:15, Tim Dowd wrote:

I'm game!

Done http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=221#0
Timothy Dowd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Dawn Tarot...is here (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL