The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Racetrack game? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zagam
View Profile
New user
Silver Spring, Maryland
64 Posts

Profile of Zagam
(not sure if this belongs in this sub-forum, sorry if it doesn't)

In a book about scams I found a reference to an old board game. Its got four dice with non-standard pips. The mark picks his die first and then we each roll. The higher number showing moves ahead one space on a "racetrack" with ten spaces. I'm in the last stages of making one for work (for money) and a show my group has in July (no money, just free tokens). I was wondering if anyone here has heard of or has seen one? I'd love to see some pics of other tracks.
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Sounds like non-transitive dice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontransitive_dice

Andru
Zagam
View Profile
New user
Silver Spring, Maryland
64 Posts

Profile of Zagam
Yes, from what I gather on the wiki page that's it. But the odds are closer to 80% in my advantage. There's also a secret die that's very close to die "b" but that trumps al of them in case of emergancies.
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of luvisi
What are the numbers on your dice?

Andru
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1104 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Intriguing ...
thanks for sharing
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
The racetrack game itself is very old. Vintage gaming parlors like what they bring to the Soapy Smith wake each year at the Magic Castle include a game like this. Of course with fair dice it can be played fairly, but with non-transitive dice it gives the edge to the operator.

The one they brought to the Castle was about six feet long, looked like a standard horse racing track and they used model horses as markers as they circled the track.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Racetrack game? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL