We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Faro with Aviators (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
I read somewhere that Aviators are better than bicycles for the faro shuffle. I picked up a deck at the local magic shop. I found it to be true. These seemed to have lasted longer than the bikes I had used and seem to faro better. Now, is it because they are old stock and therefor better cards? Or is it something else about them and new stock will be superior to the new bikes?

Thanks,
Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Alan Ackerman always taught me to go with Stud playing cards for faro shuffling. I have one deck that's old and worn out, and they still Faro like a dream!
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
Really? Like from Wal-Greens? I know you are using old ones, have you tried new ones? Do they stand up?
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2012-04-29 02:14, wizardofsorts wrote:
Really? Like from Wal-Greens? I know you are using old ones, have you tried new ones? Do they stand up?

The "old" Studs were IMHO of a much better quality. I bought and tried a few of the newer Studs and the stock to my experience is not as robust nor flexible as the older packs. I do like Aviators for Faro work. Also, the World Poker Tour "Bee" white borders seems to last forever. Cameron Francis uses these a lot.

Here's a weird thing that happens to me and I wonder if it's merely psychological: when I crack open a pack of blue bikes they work beautifully. To my fingers, the edges feel better for Faro work. For some odd reason however, red bikes HATE me. Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad
roberto37
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of roberto37
You can try de Faro with all kind of decks
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2012-04-29 02:14, wizardofsorts wrote:

The newer Studs that are produced now are better I think then the older studs from 6-7 years ago. Before the change the decks could sometimes be printed on too thin of card stock. At least for my tastes sometimes they were way too thin, other times the card stock used was just right. I didn't use them much at all back then. Now I tend to use them more often since the quality of the card stock stays the same in each deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Faro with Aviators (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL