The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Hitting the Road (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Hey gang,
It's not for mentalism/magic, but since a lot of the guys in this forum know me as a sound engineer/tech, too, I figured I'd share this news (and the resulting oppurtunity to meet some of you in person!).

I just got a job (it's not 100% official yet, still waiting for a call from the producer to go over the fine details and do the contract thing) as the audio assistant for the 2003-2004 national tour of The Full Monty. The tour will have me on the road from mid-December through early May, and if any of you are near any of the stops, I'd love to try and meet up sometime when I'm not busy at the theatre!

Here's the schedule, as best I'm aware:

Prep/Tech:
1st part of December, prepping the tour at the shop in NYC
Dec. 17-Load into Indianapolis (where we stay through tech rehearsals)

Performances:
Jan. 6-11, 2004: Indianapolis, IN - Murat Performing Arts Center
Jan. 13-Jan. 18, 2004: Milwaukee, WI - Marcus Performing Arts Center
Jan. 20-Feb. 1, 2004: Cincinnati, OH - Aronoff Center
Feb. 3-8, 2004: Newark, NJ - New Jersey Performing Arts Center
Feb. 10-15, 2004: Providence, RI - Providence Performing Arts Center
Feb. 17-22, 2004: Atlantic City, NJ - Caesars Circus Maximus
Feb. 24-29, 2004: Kalamazoo, MI - Miller Auditorium
March 2-7, 2004: East Lansing, MI - Wharton Center
March 9-14, 2004: Charlotte, NC - Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
March 16-21, 2004: Atlanta, GA - Fox Theatre
March 23-28, 2004: Greenville, SC - Peace Center
March 30-April 11, 2004: Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Broward Performing Arts Center
April 13-18, 2004: Akron, OH - EJ Thomas Hall
April 20-25, 2004: Wallingford, CT - Oakdale Theatre
April 28-May 2, 2004: Austin, TX - Bass Performing Arts Center

Best wishes,
Andy
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1825 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Andy...Almost a month in Indy. We'll have to get together. We are on the road for the last week of December, other than that we will be home for most of your stay here. Good luck hope it turns out well for you and we look forward to catching up with you. Feel free to keep in touch via email.

Kevin
kevin@livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Will do, Kevin! With that long in Indy, I'm sure to have a healthy share of downtime at some point (I hope!).

--A

Here's a small update to the schedule. December 17 we load into Evansville, IN for our tech period, not Indianapolis. We don't move to Indianapolis until right before the run of shows there.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Hi Andy I new a guy from Masque Audio in Tempe, AZ who went on the same tour about two years ago. I forgot his name but he was a cool guy, I think he was the S2? If you meet him ask if he remembers the magic guy from Spectrum Lightting...

I also heard the are 24 lavs and a hole slew of them are mounted in hats or helmets for... well... the full monte.

Don't have to much fun,
Fitz

I just re-read your post it sounds like you replaced him. I don't know...
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I probably didn't directly replace him, as I think this tour is being put out by a different producer than the earlier tour (don't quote me on that, though). But yeah, if he was the audio assist (A2), that's the job I'm doing on this outing :o)

I do know that this show is being designed from the ground up, at least as far as sound goes. I'm sure Shannon (the sound designer) is taking tips from previous outings, but he's designing his own system, spec'ing mic rigging, etc. Regardless, it should be fun...five months on the road hiding wireless mics on (nearly?) naked men*! And you thought it was hard hiding mics on you for a magic show?!

--A

*-Hopefully, if the karmic wheels are turning right, in exchange for this, my next tour out I'll be doing Cabaret (unless of course they do "Showgirls: The Musical"--yeah, it sounds bad, but hey, if they can do "Urban Cowboy", why the heck not? ;o)
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
A2 A2 duh. wow I should go to bed. I'm just a lightting guy, who cant spell. I also do pyro. If they need fire let me know. I have worked with Theatre Effects for many years.

Good Luck,
Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Hitting the Road (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL