We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New book test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicjeff1
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicjeff1
I just purchased a great book test
self working

great for walk around
stand up shows too

3 diff. size books can be purchased

http://www.mikemaione.com/celebritypresage.html
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Hmmmmm...interesting first post. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I bought it also. It is great, used it, got great laughs.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5718 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Mike Maione’s ‘Celebrity Presage’ is a nice and interesting book test.

The Ad as well as the demo video is quite honest.

My opinion based after watching the demo video:-

Mike Maione has made clever use of an old child magic principle to achieve the desired effect which is simple & very effective. However the books cannot be given to the spectator to handle/ for scrutiny anytime before, during or after the effect. This is a drawback and probably a major one for some.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
jsilk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of jsilk7
The first thing I want to say is that the video does not do this book justice. In the video It does look like just a big fat C******* B***.
But in the real world this is a very well thought out piece of magic. While the book probably should not be handed out for inspection,
the presentation does not suffer in the least. The books looks completely innocent. I think the beauty of it is not only does the spectator
gets to view the book and see all the different celebrity names and facts. But that they can make their selection
by calling out a page number or telling the magician to stop riffling through the pages and even the force pages look fair because it is not just the same page repeated.

If you are looking for a book that the spectator can take home and read from cover to cover this is not the book for you.
But if you want a book test that looks fair and is simple to use this the book for you.

Best wishes Joe Silkie
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
36 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
Ustaad is right when he says that you don't want to give the book out for examination... And that might seem a drawback to some, but the books (there are three to a full set) look so innocent and the handling is so easy and natural that with proper spectator management, it’s really not necessary to hand the book out for examination. When I present the effect I bring someone on stage to help with the effect and ask him or her to select a book and read a few names out loud as I thumb through it. Having the spectator read some of the celebrity names helps to convince the audience that the books are just what they appear to be, cheap paperbacks full of dumb things about celebrities. BTW... it's fun in any presentation to read aloud a few of the quotes from the books. I filled them with plenty of pretty funny facts and quotes.
zmg013
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of zmg013
Really an unbelievable effect. It's in every show I do now. I bought several. I met Mike at a few lectures and he is a great guy. Highly recommended.
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
36 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
Here's how the trick is performed with the Facebook revelation which is unfortunately overexposed in the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be0qRXhjeuA
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
36 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
My Celebrity Presage is reviewed in the July 2012 Genii. See page 84. It starts... "THE MINUTE I PICKED UP CELEBRITY PRESAGE I liked it." Here's a video of me performing it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONCi-gY1Vjc
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
I purchased one of the books & used it for the first time this week.
Had a great reaction. Truthfully I am not a big fan of book tests but I would highly
recommend CELEBRITY PRESAGE .
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
36 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
I had never heard about this trick or seen it prior to seeing Shawn Farquhar perform it when he was in New Zealand for the NZ Convention. It seems this trick has flown under the radar some how which is a shame because it is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.

There are several demos out there so it's pretty well documented what the trick looks like, including a video of Shawn performing it on some US talk show.

I just received my packaged and opened it up and was so impressed with the quality of the book you receive, it legitimately looks like a book you would pick up from some book shop and it is so well gimmicked and professionally bound.

The printing of the revelations looks very professional, not like it was made at home, but rather done by a proper printer. I cannot wait to perform this and if you like what you see from all the demos then get yourself a copy, all the glowing reviews speak for themself. I don't imagine that anybody would be let down by this trick.

BUY IT NOW

P.S - I should mention the shipping from America to New Zealand was.....5 DAYS! Easily the fastest shipping I've ever encountered
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
I am always looking for alternate handlings to what are essentially book test principles. While this one is very straightforward, it is well couched in misdirection which is probably why it plays so well with audiences. Great idea!
John
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Still using this in every show and it's still getting the best reactions. The Adele prediction has people in stitches EVERY time
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » New book test (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL