The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Close-Up Collection for Sale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Yeah, you know the one: fancy box, brass pieces. Not mine, but someone is selling one here:
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d127808706

The foam insert looks to be a replacement. The foam inside these deteriorated with age. The original is gray.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That is a very pretty piece of magic. Around $1,250 by my rough calculations?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Yup. Actually a good price.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Bought it! Nah, just kidding, looks great but a litle over my budget Smile Definately worth it's price though.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Really cool I want it.
What is the dice trick in the case.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
An brass version of Flash Dice perhaps?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
It's been a very long time it is offered for sale but he never manages to find a buyer alas.

Here the description from the blog :
In 1987 Tenyo made limited quantities of an extremely rare profesional magic set called "The Tenyo Super Close Up Collection". There are only 500 numbered copies. It is the companion piece to "The Penultimate Coin Box Collection" and all pieces are in precision heavy brass. Here are the details of everything included in this set:
-The Kondo Kups - a set of small brass gimmicked Cups & Balls, which includes 3 small Chop Cups & special crocheted balls and the large climax load crocheted balls.
-A Dice Roller and six little dice to create two effects.
-The Tokyo Box - improved Brass Okito Box (different to the ones featued in the Penultimate coin box set ).
-A miniature brass houlettte and miniature Bicycle Deck.
-A solid brass wand.
The Tenyo Close Up Collection" comes in a special velvet display box wich is custom-designed to becomes, when opened flat and turned over, a deluxe close-up pad with a working surface to perform your magic tricks. The instruction booklet is written by Gary Ouellet for the Western version, with clear illustrations to make everything easy to understand and include a special video tape.

I'm still Extremely Surprised that Richard have never responded to any of my mail, or even pm or even once reply to my question on the board, and have never wanted to participate in improving the blog when he has a large collection and extensive knowledge. Maybe he does not like the French...
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Stereo wrote, "I'm still Extremely Surprised that Richard have never responded to any of my mail, or even pm or even once reply to my question on the board, and have never wanted to participate in improving the blog when he has a large collection and extensive knowledge. Maybe he does not like the French..."

I have never received any email messages or pms from you, so I don't know what you're talking about.

I no longer have a large collection of Tenyo, having sold my rare pieces several years ago. I have many Tenyo tricks, all open so I can play with them and perform them, but none of the really rare stuff except for Ultra Tube.

I'm very busy publishing Genii and working on a convention and some books, so I don't have time to help with your blog. Many of the images of rare items on Angelo Carbone's Tenyo website were from my collection, and that is the extent of the time I have available.

Finally, I have spent many enjoyable trips in Paris, so I don't know why you would intimate something racist in my attitude toward the French.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
It was of humor when I say about french... sorry that you have taken seriously, and even more sorry that you talk about racism ._.! sorry I do not speak English and I have to be awkward to get some subtlety of language.

I think so you do not received my mail, it does not matter of they get lost and you must surely receive Lots.

Regarding questions on the forum I speak of such conversation or we talked about (just example of recent one) Tenyo Up and down Ball, or the one about T-63 Walt Dysney World and other one where you never reply to my question or the one from other members like John said you it would be great if you could take some pictures to complete the blog. This is why I was wondering if there was a problem that could explain this. nothing more.

But now I very well understand that you were very busy and you had no time to lose with that. Things are clear to me now. thank you for your help and your clear answer. Sorry for making you waste your time.
Have a great day and hope lot of succes for your next publication.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I am having a friend translate the instructions for "Sawa's Walt Disney World" and I'll post those when they're ready.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Close-Up Collection for Sale (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL