The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Flying silk trick by Christopher Brent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
Does anyone own this effect.I am not familiar with floating things so could some one pm me and tell me if this uses IT.I'm sure it does.If that would be considering giving a secret I'm sorry and you don't have to say.But, I didn't think it would because the adds usually say anyway but this one didn't. So is it any good.Can it be performed in bright light?
Any help would be nice.
Thanks,
Zack
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
Yes it uses IT. same conditions as if you were using any sort of IT. What I don't like about it is the set up, but the overall effect of it when you have it set up is great... I think hocus-pocus has a video clip of it... you should check it out.
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
I couldn't DISAGREE more. One of the GREAT elements of this effect is the setup. You "set it and forget it." Get it.
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
ChopCup
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of ChopCup
I thought it was over priced. But not as much as that new No String Attached-The House effect.

I was disappointed when I got the booklet.

Chop Chop
Leo B. Domapias
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Leo B. Domapias
Hi Zack,

Here's a review a wrote on Christopher Brent's Flying Silk. It was originally posted on Kevin James' Magic Forum, so you might as well just follow the link below to read it:

http://www.kjmagic.com/forum/index.php?a......aa730b0f

Ben Benjay
Manila, Philippines
ChopCup
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of ChopCup
Ben, that's a great review. I'll have to revisit this effect.

Thanks!!

Chop
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I was one of the guys in the club who saw Ben Benjay perform this fantastic effect. I couldn't resist asking him how it was done. He showed it to me and I was performing it in less than a minute. His presentation really fooled me. I am the hard to fool type but this was so amazing to me.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
DMR
View Profile
New user
Chicago Area
21 Posts

Profile of DMR
The effect is very nice but as mentioned before the set-up is really the only thing that isn't that great about the effect.
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
The set-up is ingenious but not so impromptu, the price is correct cause you get the invisible thread needed with the booklet(it's one of the best thread I was able to work with).
ChopCup
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of ChopCup
Jemy please refer to it as IT in the forum. We don't want to expose our secrets.

Chopa Doo
robsigns
View Profile
New user
Southern California
74 Posts

Profile of robsigns
The IT is a special IT with certain properties that make it work perfectly for this effect.

While it's certainly not "impromptu" the setup is extremely easy. I've seen Mr. Brent set it up in many different venues from large stages to coffee shops and he can set it up in only a couple of minutes.

This trick is a definite audience fooler. For the silk, or whatever you're floating, to float around on the stage is one thing, but when he walks out into the audience and it's literally floating right over their heads, well... That's magic!

I might be a bit biased, since Chris is a good friend of mine, but I can say from personal experience, it's an incredible trick that's well worth the price.

Oh - one time he performed it in my living room for about six other (hard to fool) magicians and they all thought I was doing part of the "business."
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I do have the trick, however Is IT available already stripped, my eyes just are not what they use to be so this procedure is not as easy for me as most other magicians.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
It is possible to obtain IT pre striped. the first one that comes to my mind is in ITR's. Your best bet if you just wanted the thread would be to go for the refill reels. They are between $10 and $20 I believe.

There are probably other sources, but none come to my mind.

As for the effect, I have only two questions in regards to practicality.

One, what would we be looking at in the length of IT used? I am imagining it is a substantial amount judging from the efffect. Say, more then Fearson?

Two, does it involve the roof? Or perhaps some other adjascent structure?

Thanks
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Is the IT used for this effect specially made for it? Is it stronger than most IT avaliable? Are the silks also specially made for this effect? Would not want to start flying silks around and then the IT breaks in mid-air. Not very magical.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
where can I buy it?
Phillip
andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
Hi everybody!

@p.b.jones: as you live in europe you can buy it from switzerland at: http://www.magicshop.ch
they send it away from germany so you don't't have to pay tolls!

@magicinsight:
no, the IT isn't very special althought it is great. but there are many similar products on the marktet which are as good as christophers!
and you can use your own silks!

@gdw: it's very difficult to tell more and not to expose the secret. the lenght of the IT depends on WHERE you perform this trick! but it doesn't depend on the height of the room!!!!

I wrote a review about it some time ago:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Andi,

Thank you very much for your comments. By the way, love Mozart and Austrian pastries. MY grandmother came from Austria.

Best regards,

Michael from New York City
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
Nobody has mentioned that this effect can be performed outside!

-McScratchy
andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
Every ad of him says that you can perform it outside!

f.e.@hocuspocus.com
"You can make use of your stage area by ‘dancing’ to the left or right and the silk will go with you. Quite simply, the effect is perfect for stage, restaurant,parlour work and even outdoors!"

or @:
http://barrysmagicshop.com/cgi-bin/miva?......ode=c2-3
andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
@p.b. jones:
here ist english homepage- adress of the shop I told you:
http://www.my-magicshop.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Flying silk trick by Christopher Brent (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL