The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What Was The Most Amazing Trick You Saw On TV? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
Crazyman's handcuff as performed by DC and also Misled. Gee, small tricks have very high impact.
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
David Blaine's performance of:

- The 2 Card Monte
- Ambitious Card

Those two blew me away as it was the first time I had seen them!!!

It's what got me into Professional Magician's Routines.
mouliu
View Profile
Regular user
Hongkong/Taiwan
169 Posts

Profile of mouliu
First to come to my mind is David Blaine's raven trick. But since it's on TV, after being amazed, I thought that it may be out of some editing or stooging (at that time I didn't know the method). It largely weakened the effect. But he's the one who made me start learning this art seriously (and that trick is one of my favorite), even though later I learned there're so many magicians much better than him in terms of creativity and sleights of hand.

But the flying by David Copperfield, as many of you mentioned, is really a miracle for me. Not the method (I don't know how exactly he did it, but I prefer not to know) , but the story/plot, music, etc..., just perfect.

A nice thread.
A novice't reflection: I like watching my audience's jaws drop, but sadly in reality I'm just too busy to enjoy it. Smile
Joe Stone
View Profile
New user
Wood Green, London, UK
61 Posts

Profile of Joe Stone
I remember loving the trick Paul Daniels did on the F1 track where he tries to escape from the box - I almost had an accident when the car hit the crate!
The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
David Copperfield's Flying illusion , The Death saw and when he makes the Learjet vanish. Awesome magician and incredible illusions.
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
Lynn Lee
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Lynn Lee
I remember an illusion that Lance Burton would perform on various occasions--he would take this girl into a restaurant on stage, then some fellow in a skeleton mask would swordfight Lance, toss him on a table and make him disappear in a puff of smoke. Then he'd unveil himself, and it was Lance Burton! I saw it when I was fairly young, and I was completely gobsmacked--easily one of my favorite illusions.
ruusky
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
17 Posts

Profile of ruusky
David Blaines 2 Card Monte, Coin Bite
Muggers
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Muggers
I saw that Lance Burton swordfight, that was pretty cool. Though I like most things he does because he's entertaining. David Copperfield making the Statue of Liberty disappear was neat. I may get slapped for this, but a lot of Penn and Teller tricks are pretty amazing to me.
Herrick, Jeff
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Herrick, Jeff
When I was Little Mis-Made was amazing. When Doug Henning did it on the Muppet Show I was very disturbed.
I'm not looking to be a big star in magic
and that's working out REALLY good so far.
ToPher
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere
120 Posts

Profile of ToPher
Criss Angel-where the coin moved in the arm then came out.
Chris Bristow
View Profile
New user
Warwick, Rhode Island
67 Posts

Profile of Chris Bristow
Quote:
On 2003-10-07 20:10, Frank Tougas wrote:
The very first time I saw Zig Zag presented on television. It was simply mind boggling. Now it is thought of as an old standard, but in its day, wow.

When I was a kid (9 years old going on 10) I had to figure that out when I saw it performed by Mark Wilson. that's what got me started in magic.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Paul Daniels chop cup routine.. done at speed.

Howard
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Seeing Hillary Clinton get elected as a Senator from New York!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2005-08-09 23:16, Stanyon wrote:
Seeing Hillary Clinton get elected as a Senator from New York!

Cheers! Smile

:lol:

Second only to that was the first time I saw Topsy Tervy performed by Bill Bixby on The Magician.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
David Gardener
View Profile
New user
Hamilton, New Zealand
53 Posts

Profile of David Gardener
Paul Daniels, too, but his cups and ball routine, amazing.
Sean Comer
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Sean Comer
Doug Henning performing the Vanishing Nickel and on some local cable access show or something, Paul Harris performing 'Linking Cards'(not sure of the name). I used to have the manuscript and probably still do, I just can't find it.
Sean
View Profile
Loyal user
No Cal
205 Posts

Profile of Sean
Rene Lavand's "I can't do it any slower" and Teller's effect where he clips the petals off the rose's shadow and the real petals fall from the rose.
mikedachuk
View Profile
New user
Oakville, Ontario
9 Posts

Profile of mikedachuk
For me it was David Copperfield's Flying. It still gives me chills every time I see it.

Mike
knickz4lyfe20
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of knickz4lyfe20
Peter marvey's manipulation routine on worlds greatest magic 3. This is what inspired me to do magic and after seeing the routine I bet Jeff McBride's art of card manipulation. Several years later, I'm a part time magician.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Having a general working knowledge of magic since age 8, most magic I have seen on TV was very easy to explain and perform. Anything with a box was non-magical to me. Cards, coins and rope were very passe to me. I would watch each special and easily be able to figure out how they did it. That was until I saw Copperfields "Laser". Without post production video trickery, I had finally been fooled. For those of you unfamiliar with this effect performed on Tornado of Fire special in 2001, I have a video of it HERE.

What a great illusion and NO BOX!!

BTW, some of my methods for what I saw on TV from years past were actually wrong when I finally got the "low down" on some illusions. My methods were actually very "complicated" (but they worked) when in reality they were really quite simple.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What Was The Most Amazing Trick You Saw On TV? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL