The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Using live fish on ships (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tiger_trx
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of tiger_trx
Looking to see if anyone has used live fish while working on cruise ships.

I know many guys that have used birds...and they all say it's not worth the hassle. Plus it's more difficult to do today- then in years past.

Would using fish still require all the headaches of paper work, USDA, and so on?

I can see keeping fish on a ship being a real pain in the....well you get it.

In addition, fish are not easy to care for- and die if things are not just right.
So let's say all your fish you brought with you died- mid cruise- replacing them could be somewhat challenging?

any thoughts on the subject- would be greatly appreciated.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22824 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
My thoughts are that you should simply request the information from proper authorities. They can answer your question and you would have the answer.

My gut feeling is yes, a live creature that can carry diseases are all dangerous on a closed area like a ship, even though they are very large Vessels.

I would think you could replace them at a port, but probably not as each port has their own rules.

It is a health and disease issue.

You may also inquire with the shipping lines, as they may have a number aquariums on board their ships, and can get a supply for you if that would be the case.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
I love fish and chips,,,, sorry could not resist that one.
joderijck
View Profile
New user
Belgium
14 Posts

Profile of joderijck
I worked a lot with goldfish, you start with 20 and end up with 3 who will be ok for a few years to tour with. I transported them in a bottle, for touring more days in a bucket with a lid with holes in. Just changing water enough makes that you don't need filters and stuff to take with you. What is needed is daylight for them!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Using live fish on ships (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL