The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Absolutely Not by David Devlin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Mine does not involve a written prediction. Smile
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1853 Posts

Profile of Prager
I have removed the product.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Hello friends,

I want to set the record straight here...

First, David sent me his routine (BTW David, I got your email, but not your PM) and I can tell you that it is nothing like mine. The germ of the effect is the same, but it uses a completely different method and significantly different presentation. I don't feel it would be proper for me to review "Absolutely Not" (I am obviously biased), so I will leave it to the consumer to decide if David's version is better or worse than mine, or just different. I imagine some folks will prefer David's and others will prefer mine. As I sold the rights to all my ebooks to Chris at Lybrary.com, I no longer have a financial interest in the matter. I can not speak to whom David did or did not talk to before releasing his routine. I do know that as soon as he thought it might be the same as mine, he contacted me with a copy of it and stated he would remove it from the market if it was.

Second, to say that I don't do magic anymore is not quite accurate. I no longer do magic for a living. I am a full-time pastor, and Kristi and I have a miracle son named Josiah Scott Guinn--born Oct 12, 2011, spent his first night in the hospital with us, came home with us the next day, and adoption finalized on Dec 15, 2011. Between those two things, magic has taken a back burner, and I sold off the majority of my magic library and collection to pay the adoption expenses. But I still have a couple of bookshelves of books and DVDs, and enough props for a number of different platform and close-up shows, and I still perform from time to time.

Third, while I am not very active on The Café anymore, I do visit it nearly daily to see if I have any PMs, which I always try to answer promptly.

I hope that clears things up.

Finally, not to steal David's thunder, but for those who are interested in my routine, you can purchase mine at http://www.lybrary.com/assertive-positiv......633.html (again, I have no financial interest here) and compare it with David's. Other Café members (Bryn Reynolds immediately comes to mind) also have worthwhile versions of this routine that the dedicated student will want to research.

Warm regards,

Scott
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2164 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2012-05-15 01:38, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
Other Café members (Bryn Reynolds immediately comes to mind) also have worthwhile versions of this routine that the dedicated student will want to research.

Warm regards,

Scott

Thenaks for the mention; I'm a huge fan of this "genre" and will check these versions out as well.

More importantly, I'm glad any issues of "who /first" were resolved.
MOST importantly, congrats on Josiah!

Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Thanks, Bryn!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Absolutely Not by David Devlin (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL