The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Premium Trick for 2012: "Charisma" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2506 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I just got a copy of "Charisma" today. This is the premium item for 2012.
Anyone played with it yet?
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Lucky you Richard Smile.

What is the description of the illusion?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1456 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I have it, didn't play with it yet. The illusion looks pretty cool on the demo video I once saw but only for laymen that don't know about gimmicked cards. It also takes some practice to do smooth.

One of the Tenyo's that I will probably never use to be honest, there are better card tricks available (often easier to do and with Bicycle back which is important for me because I can take the 'packet trick' from a regular deck without arousing too much suspicion).
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Looks simple but good.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2506 Posts

A: Most laymen know about gimmicked cards. That's why people always want to look at your deck.

B: If someone did this for you with Bikes, your eyeballs would pop out of your head.

C: Solve the issue of the cards they supply by simply making a set up in Bicycles by cutting and pasting. It will look much better anyway.

D: Now, go fool your friends and have some fun with it.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1456 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Good points there Richard - I'm spoiled with card tricks to be honest and often overlook some effects, perhaps this is the case here too - it doesn't appeal to me, but it could have a total different effect (a better one) on spectators. I'll put some effort in it and will post a review in the future Smile
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Where can I read up on the effect? I know nothing Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1456 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
The Tenyo blogspot Angelo! Where else? Smile http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.com/2010/05/......sma.html
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Oh no ! Killertweety ! Don't speak about my blog on Richard post, Now I have (finally...) received a response from him, not to help me improve the blog, or reply to all questions have ask, but just to say that I have adding images from Genii's articles about Tenyo, and I'm in violation of copyright law by doing this and no part of Genii may be never reproduced in any way, or posted on the web without the permission etc... Not a word about all the work done, not a word of congratulation as a fan, alas none of this. Finally I still probably very lucky that he got on his precious time to write me that. I'll frame it. Ahhh, environment of magic
is so enjoyable from that perspective. Thank you. I am happier today than yesterday.
Do not be surprised if it closed down the blog soon after a complaint to google.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-05-15 11:38, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Where can I read up on the effect? I know nothing Smile

Me too Angelo. That's why I asked Richard Smile.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2506 Posts

I did not threaten Stereo, I simply pointed out that he needed to add copyright notices to my property that has been reproduced on his blog. I did not ask him to remove the images.

It's important to know, since most people don't, that unless you enforce your copyright you lose it. I don't think that putting up a small copyright notice is too much too ask.

And this is silly: "Do not be surprised if it closed down the blog soon after a complaint to google." I assume you're joking, right?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2506 Posts

I think Stereo must be joking because the response to my pm was nothing like he posted here!
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I am happier today than yesterday too...possibly borderline delirious. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-05-15 23:32, MrWizard wrote:
I am happier today than yesterday too...possibly borderline delirious. Smile

It's always better to be happy Smile, but I am confused about why this was said: "the response was not to help improve the blog & not a word of all the work done, or congratulation as a fan"....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
AUtomatique translation my friends... I'm not going to repeat it every time ...

That's Cool,
Congratulation as fan of Tenyo tricks. But that may be for you the blog did not deserve it. Since you pretend not to know where find the description of Charisma while you are on the forum for a long time ...
I want to say that I do not know yet who is Richard Kaufman, I guess now that I receive a messsage about Genii and after his previous message about publication. For me it was just a collector, like us, nothing more, and that is why my misunderstanding about the fact that he does not answer my messages.
Regarding its message on Genii Copyright, I found it sad that begins directly above, without even telling me who he was, without even saying a word about the blog I guess he had just discovered. I found it unfortunate that the only thing he sees as a fan of Tenyo's it's that. And I found it even more damage now that I know who it is, I would have imagined that someone so involved in the magic would have had more to say than that. Matter of principle. I met so many great people, passionate, kind, simple, and all the recent problem in recent weeks with Amazing Azam, Houdini etc, such way of doing things, turn things just hurt me. Simply. I'm tired of trying to do the best, and have a final reproach, of incomprehension, disappointment.

For the rest my humor is perhaps not obvious to decipher, in French already, and probably even less after an automatic translation, but at least I try to communicate, even though I do not speak English, I do a blog in English too, even though I do not speak English, I tried to do the best, make the effort, and it is not for me as I did ... You all know long ago that I translate this saying, as I can, then also made ​​the effort not to stop the things that can highlight inconsistencies in the final text.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2506 Posts

Stereo, I like your blog, but Angelo Carbone was the first person to create an extensive Tenyo site, so I'm not going to jump and down and shower you with compliments as if you've had a new idea. Your blog is good, but why do you feel the need to receive ecstatic and repeated compliments about it?

And, yes, as a businessman the first thing that comes to mind when I see my copyrighted material reproduced without permission is to address that issue.
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
Stereo,
Your site is great for people who want good information on Tenyo magic. Keep at it, obviously you have the passion for it. While most of the time few people will tell you they enjoy your site, or that it is wonderful, or great or fantastic, don't worry. Do it because YOU enjoy it and are passionate about it. That in the end will shine through and that is what matters most.
The world is full of people who want to create negativitiy, don't let them push you down that road. And some folks are not being critical, just honest. They will, in the end, offer you more help once you work to overcome a problem together and continue to work on building versus destroying. (I believe this is ultimately what Richard would wants too. He is correct to protect things for the future so it does not cheapen the material. It does not mean he would not want to share things and help others to use his material appropriately in the future. Quite the oppostite from what I read in his posts.)

Keep it positive, enjoy your passion that you have and the rest of us will enjoy it too!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
If I do this blog is exclusively because, I do not know if you are aware, Angelo completely abandoned its site and updates for almost 10 years. I never would have done if his site had been updated.
I did not invent anything can be, but to date no site had NEVER proposed wholes pictures of the tricks, with pictures of all the package existing, with desription and video, and review, classification and extra tricks wich are not T- etc... Even the official website of Tenyo do not have as complete. But I have done nothing special for sure you are true. Sorry I am not a business man, I do not do it for the money but by passion, may be that the difference is. Surely your reward is money, for me my only reward is a compliment. And it does not cost anything you know. Good luck in your business.
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of NashvilleNewman
Quote:
On 2012-05-16 11:14, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Stereo, I like your blog, but Angelo Carbone was the first person to create an extensive Tenyo site, so I'm not going to jump and down and shower you with compliments as if you've had a new idea. Your blog is good, but why do you feel the need to receive ecstatic and repeated compliments about it?

And, yes, as a businessman the first thing that comes to mind when I see my copyrighted material reproduced without permission is to address that issue.

A blog that he stopped working on YEARS ago. Stereo gets compliments because his blog is well laid out and easy to navigate. Stereo constantly updates his blog. He was nice enough to reach out to me for photos of my Doug Henning Floating Lady because he actually cares about preserving the Tenyo legacy. Richard, don't be a hater. It's not very becoming.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
The problem is solved anyway, I just wanted to say how I felt things.
Now I know who Richard is, I understand better the situation, and we can move on and I would be happy if in the future I can learn more from him and his knowledge.
And I would try to ensure that the blog becomes more and more complete so that it can be, one day, become the reference on the subject for the pleasure of any fan of the Tenyo tricks. I am a sensitive guy, it's like that even though this is probably a fault more than quality in some cases.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Premium Trick for 2012: "Charisma" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL