The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Premium Trick for 2012: "Charisma" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-05-16 10:16, stereo wrote:
AUtomatique translation my friends... I'm not going to repeat it every time ...

That's Cool,
Congratulation as fan of Tenyo tricks. But that may be for you the blog did not deserve it. Since you pretend not to know where find the description of Charisma while you are on the forum for a long time ...

Thank you on your congratulations of me being a fan of Tenyo stereo Smile. However, I am not sure what this means: "But that may be for you the blog did not deserve it."

Regardless, let's get something straight though ok?

I, as well as Angelo Carbone, had no idea what "Charisma" was about. That is why I (and I am guessing he) asked. Please speak for yourself, not others. Nobody was "pretending" anything. You sometimes fly off the handle before thinking and seem to think after you do that, you can just explain your behavior away.

As for calling Richard a "hater" Nashville that is what's not "becoming". He never said he hated anyone.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1456 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
/sorry - wrong thread Smile/
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of NashvilleNewman
[/quote]
As for calling Richard a "hater" Nashville that is what's not "becoming". He never said he hated anyone.
[/quote]

It's a figure of speech.

1. hater
A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
It gets a bit tiring when people say nasty things about others. Then when the person is asked about it, they make excuses for their actions.

Everyone is fairly intelligent here and we all know exactly what we are saying, no matter what country of origin.
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Totally. Which is why I called Richard a "hater" That is all.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:

Thank you on your congratulations of me being a fan of Tenyo stereo Smile. However, I am not sure what this means: "But that may be for you the blog did not deserve it."

Regardless, let's get something straight though ok?

I, as well as Angelo Carbone, had no idea what "Charisma" was about. That is why I (and I am guessing he) asked. Please speak for yourself, not others. Nobody was "pretending" anything. You sometimes fly off the handle before thinking and seem to think after you do that, you can just explain your behavior away.

Ok I think you do not understand at all what I say, sorry if my english is too bad. I don't congratule you about be a Tenyo fan lol I complete the sentence I writte to richard and I thought you did not understand.

You come very often here on forum, reply on many topic, and I think you look at all new topic. There is topic about Tenyo special 2012 announcement, I have speak about this one many time, with many uptdate here on forum, you are aware about the blog I think and know I updtate very often, you participate very often in the forum so I just found it surprising that you have not seen the post on Charisma, and also surprised that you did not think you can find the description and video on blog, or see that Charisma is on Front page, simply because you are a assiduous member. Nothing more.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2506 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
You guys really give me a chuckle.

"Nashville": learn some manners. The only "hate" in this thread is coming from your use of that silly term "hater." You don't understand what I wrote, and you don't understand the vocabularly you're using.
The Amazing Mr. H
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Mr. H
I'm finally fealing all of the love.
"Forget the bomb..."
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

1. hater
A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Ex:
"Stereo, I like your blog, but Angelo Carbone was the first person to create an extensive Tenyo site, so I'm not going to jump and down and shower you with compliments as if you've had a new idea. Your blog is good, but why do you feel the need to receive ecstatic and repeated compliments about it?"

Richard, what exactly is copyrighted (your property) anyway? A picture of a trick you neither invented nor manufactured? I'm confused.

Here is a picture of some basil and parsley I'm growing that I just took on my iPhone. Please don't use it or my lawyers will be in touch. I mean, come on now...

Click here to view attached image.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Stereo you have done a great job with your Tenyo blog - well done! However I do see where Richard is coming from with using his images without credit.

On my Tenyoworld site, if you go to the gallery pages you will see lots and lots of photos of my Tenyo collection. It took a lot of time and effort to get my tricks out one by one from my cabinet, position them against the yellow backdrop, photograph them, pack everything away, import them to my PC, crop them and optimize the photos for web, make thumbnails and regular size photos and upload to my site. When I started seeing people using my Tenyo photos on eBay and on other websites it got very frustrating people were using them without asking me first. I sent several emails asking them to remove photos if they would not credit Tenyoworld. I don't mind people using the images but at least ask me first and leave a credit. So, I see where Richard is coming from. He simply wanted credit/copyright info displayed also.

BTW, I have not updated my Tenyo site for years now. I have not had time as other projects and come and gone. I have discussed with a friend of mine a while back now to have someone take over the site.

So.... go to http://wwww.tenyoworld.co.uk and have a look. If anyone wants to take over the website and update as necessary, send me a PM. A couple of conditions... you must not remove or change anything on the website. Content and style must stay as it is. You can only add more info and pics. Yes I know the style is maybe a little dated but hey - it was the first website I ever made and designed - over 12 years ago. Think of it as retro Smile

@NashvilleNewman - the difference between your photo of herbs and a photo say like from my gallery or other website is that you took a photo with your iphone and uploaded it direct to the internet with very little time or effort on your part. That is the best part of using a smartphone and the ability to share photos instantly and effortlessly Smile If I took a similar photo then I may not have such an issue either. However when the process is more involved and time consuming as detailed above, then yeah - a credit would be nice as I have done all the hard work.

Also you don't have to own the item you are photographing to have the copyright. It is irrelevant whether Richard created the trick in the photo or not. If that was the case, you would see many photos on sites like Getty images with no copyrights at all. The photographers there do not own anything in the photo they take right? There are a lot of photos on Getty images which are not royalty free and you have to pay because of the composition, the expensive cameras used to get great detail and the experience you are paying for etc.

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2506 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
"Nashville Newman," you have demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of copyright law, only made worse by your saracastic comments about your vegetable garden.
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Quote:
@NashvilleNewman - the difference between your photo of herbs and a photo say like from my gallery or other website is that you took a photo with your iphone and uploaded it direct to the internet with very little time or effort on your part. That is the best part of using a smartphone and the ability to share photos instantly and effortlessly Smile If I took a similar photo then I may not have such an issue either. However when the process is more involved and time consuming as detailed above, then yeah - a credit would be nice as I have done all the hard work.

Yea, ok. So I saw Richard's picture. Who's to say his process was more time consuming than mine? Because he had to precariously balance the card case on top of the 2 decks of cards? His was art and mine was not? Perhaps I should have put an Instagram filter on it...
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-05-17 13:50, Richard Kaufman wrote:
"Nashville Newman," you have demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of copyright law, only made worse by your saracastic comments about your vegetable garden.

And you sir have demonstrated a complete lack of understanding about gardens, as basil and parsley are herbs and not vegetables. This was only made worse by you saying that my copyright law prowess is somehow flawed because I have a garden.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2928 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
NN please give it a break. I think this issue has been resolved. Continuing to drag this out is not doing anyone any good.
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Ok, back to gardening. Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2928 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Great... nice looking herbs by the way.
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Hey thanks! I also grow my own tomatoes and various peppers every year. I then make my own salsa and can (Ball jars) it. PM me your addy and I'll send you a jar when it's done!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2928 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Would love it... but might be tricky getting a food item across the border to Canada unfortunately.

John
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1138 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-05-17 15:34, NashvilleNewman wrote:
I then make my own salsa and can (Ball jars) it.

WOW! That would make an added value picture!
You will post a copy, right? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Premium Trick for 2012: "Charisma" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL