The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..13..17..21..25..29..31~32~33 [Next]
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Magictim, I am exploring the possibility of porting the App over to Android but may take awhile. Looking into it, Thanks!
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Hurry up Carl:) I need something for Android or other than apple branded mp3 players.
There are more non apple users than apple users....
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
That being said, can Carl or someone go into how to set the track volume level for those pieces you want only sometimes to be say 50% volume level
That is, I know I could use software to make a track with lower volume but noticed the Happie Ultimate controler will have individual track level feature built in.

It would seem an APP could do this as well. I heard about ipods being able to set track leel but my generation of ipod does not seem to work after you adjust it in itunes. And I think that that is an acorss the board level change that if you make it in itunes in one playlist it will be for the song in all playlists.

Also can anyone explain, if you do not have the "special" remote, how hard is it to fade? Earlier on one of the first pages it states this is via the FF button.
How hard is it to fade vs FF a track. You can RR and FF right?
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
The Go Button app allows you to set volume for each track individually. You can even have the same song in your playlist twice with different levels for each.

The other great thing about the Go Button app is that you can play multiple tracks at once. For instance a song and a sound effect. You can stop any one of the tracks while the others keep playing. The app has the songs actually loaded into the app and not just playing them from your normal location of music. This allows you to make non destructive changes to the track. For instance, you can change start time & end time of each track, auto follow, loop, etc.

So far there is not a good remote I have found that works with the Go Button app. We have Show Cues as well, and see pros/cons and limitations of each app. Right now we are also playing with Apple TV, so we can send the music wirelessly to our sound system.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
PowerMagic the custom remote fades beautifully with a special fade button and a hardware fade. You can also use the play/fade option

Version 1.2 coming soon:

Show Cues 1.2

added show track time display
added switch to turn on/off next track title display
added switch to turn on/off track time display
added the add tracks to table feature
added remote control fade visual indicator
added more alarm sounds
added fade-in option
added email support link
fixed edit tracks in table view now reloads correctly
fixed next track title bug
adjusted play/fade button option
better memory management
red indicator stays on during fade until next track ready
updated menu and settings screens
updated instructions
new video
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Go Button App sounds cool too!
I like the non destructive features. Although mabye it is a backwards step that it has to put the song in the app . that is it will eat up space with modified duplicates.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
I believe it has to be done that way...so it truly is working with the file itself, versus pointing to a directory. Again we have both apps...pros & cons for both, places & situations for both. They are both a great advancement and I look forward to see how they progress.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
askinner
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of askinner
I encourage fold to take a look at OneTrack on the iTunes app store. This s a really great product. And very affordable. Check it out!
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
The guy who does OneTrack is a super nice guy and a nice app if budget is a consideration. However it does not all the features of Show Cues. I think you will be happy if you can spend the extra bucks to buy Show Cues. We are still adding new features.

Show Cues for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Sound Control System 
http://www.mojosoftwareonline.com 

REVIEWS
"It's a well designed piece of kit for the working pro. For me and hundreds of others out in the 'trenches' gigging for a living, it's fantastic! I handed my iPad to the sound engineer to run my cues - which he did, superbly. He LOVED this app - quote 'I'm having that!' A well thought out and easy to use app. " — Gary Dunn, Scotland's Premier Family Entertainer

"Never deal with a ship's sound tech again! Double the price Carl! Seriously, having spent $1800 on another sound device, it astounds me what a great job you have done thinking out this App. Congratulations." — Nick Lewin — Cruise Ship Entertainer

"I'll be using it at the Magic Castle the rest of the week. It's fantastic!" — Dave Cox — Professional Magician

"Great app! Love it! wow this should be a app for every professional entertainer. If I ever get to meet you in person a most definite hug is in order a kiss on the cheek if your French." — Oscar Munoz — award winning illusionist and humorist

"Fantastic Carl! Finally, won't have to carry the extra gear. Thanks for the reasonable price too!" — Chris Blackmore — Professional Magician

"The ONLY App I need to run my entire show from. Perfect for ventriloquists, magicians, speakers - anybody who wants to run an entire show from an iPad or iPhone! By far THE BEST app on the market." — Paul Romhany — Product Reviewer from Vanish Magic Magazine

"I purchased Show Cues for my iPhone 4 and it is fantastic. This is exactly what I've been hoping and looking for. I'm am so thankful" — Santa Steve Gillham

"You have a real winner for those who choose to see the benefits, the cost is way to minimal!" — Brent Gregory — Professional Hypnotist

"Carl has designed the BEST, SIMPLEST sound cue device ever!  We use it to run ALL our sound needs, at the theatre and beyond.  I LOVE the fact that you don't need to be near a sound board, tech booth, or tech person!
— Joe Givan - FISM winner, Theatre Owner / Operator

Show Cues is one of the greatest apps for the stand-up entertainer in existence. It does everything you need. Say goodbye to the $1000-plus sound cueing hardware. Fabulous support and customer service, which triples the value in my book. I can't wait for the next upgrade, which will allow me to pre-set separate volume controls for each track. The best keeps getting better.
— Dan Garrett — Mentalist – Magician – Speaker – Humorist
Kristian Skovbo
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
159 Posts

Profile of Kristian Skovbo
This is really a smart system, but are i´m the only one having problems with it?
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Kristian if you are having trouble with Show Cues, send me an email and I will talk you through it. carl@carlandrews.com
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
Well, at last, the custom remote is here and road tested. There was an issue with the original unit which I received over three weeks ago, and Shawn was quick to email all customers and advise them of this. It has now been resolved, and a new one arrived a couple of days back. After a few problems setting up the remote, I have to say it now works perfectly, and the fade is extremely smooth and totally seamless. I'm a very happy bunny!!

A couple of things worth pointing out if you're going to use this remote:

1. You must switch OFF all the fade options in the settings menu in Show Cues as the software will otherwise get very confused.
2. Make sure the volume of your tracks is set at 100%

Apart from this the remote is fantastic. Well done Shawn & Carl!

Gary
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Received my remote from Sound Cues and I'm having problems straight away. I've been in touch with Shawn but no reply as yet. Did anyone else have problems with their remote and how was it solved?
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I would check and see when your unit was shipped, perhaps if it has taken awhile to get to you it is one of the older ones that had problems.

B
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Trickychris, I am sure Shawn will get back with you as soon as possible. iJet sent us a bad batch of remotes and they are replacing them. Shawn can let you know if that is the case with your remote.
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Quote:
On 2012-08-17 06:18, garydunn wrote:
!

A couple of things worth pointing out if you're going to use this remote:

1. You must switch OFF all the fade options in the settings menu in Show Cues as the software will otherwise get very confused.
2. Make sure the volume of your tracks is set at 100%

Gary

You can say that again. I'm having huge issues with my show cues! It does what it like. It plays music when it likes- even in the portrait mode! It stops and starts playing at random times. If I turn the music down using the remote then pause and play, it returns to its loud state! That can't be right?!
I've read and re read the instructions, watched the video. This is getting on my nerves...
Help

On a plus side; Shawn has resolved my remote issues. So at the moment, that is good!
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Trickychris, If you are still having any problems with the Show Cues App itself, send me an email and perhaps we can arrange a Skype session online so I can walk you through it.
The music returns to the level you set on the settings page after each track. It does not start and stop at random times, as I said maybe a Skype session and I can see what you are doing wrong and walk you thru the App.

Thanks,
Carl
Pasquale
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Pasquale
A Skype session to see what's wrong- what a good idea. Now that's what I call Customer Service!
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Show Cues 1.3 is now in beta testing with another dozen new, really cool, features and a few more may be added before the release.

Show Cues for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Sound Control System 
http://www.mojosoftwareonline.com 

Like having a sound engineer in your pocket!
A Sound Control System Designed By Professionals For Professionals
- Concept by Shawn Popp
- Programmed by Carl Andrews
Get rid of your bulky laptop. Show Cues runs your entire show with a device you already carry with you—an iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch!
What's the difference between Show Cues and other sound devices? About $1500! Show Cues doesn't run lights, flash pots or make coffee. But, if you're looking for something super-simple and sure-fire, this App really does the trick. In fact, you can bundle Show Cues with the purchase of a new iPad and it would still cost less than other sound devices on the market.
FEATURES:
- Real-Time Clock 
- Unlimited Playlists
- Large Track Title Display
- Loads Any Track From Your iDevice
- Indicator Light Buttons Show Playback State
- Countdown Timer With Visual And Sound Warning
- Play/Pause, Fade-Out And Auto-Pause At Next Track
- Plugs Into Any Type Of Sound System (cables sold separately) 
- Works Manually Or With Custom Remote Control (remote sold separately)

REVIEWS
"It's a well designed piece of kit for the working pro. For me and hundreds of others out in the 'trenches' gigging for a living, it's fantastic! I handed my iPad to the sound engineer to run my cues - which he did, superbly. He LOVED this app - quote 'I'm having that!' A well thought out and easy to use app. " — Gary Dunn, Scotland's Premier Family Entertainer

"Never deal with a ship's sound tech again! Double the price Carl! Seriously, having spent $1800 on another sound device, it astounds me what a great job you have done thinking out this App. Congratulations." — Nick Lewin — Cruise Ship Entertainer

"I'll be using it at the Magic Castle the rest of the week. It's fantastic!" — Dave Cox — Professional Magician

"Great app! Love it! wow this should be a app for every professional entertainer. If I ever get to meet you in person a most definite hug is in order a kiss on the cheek if your French." — Oscar Munoz — award winning illusionist and humorist

"Fantastic Carl! Finally, won't have to carry the extra gear. Thanks for the reasonable price too!" — Chris Blackmore — Professional Magician

"The ONLY App I need to run my entire show from. Perfect for ventriloquists, magicians, speakers - anybody who wants to run an entire show from an iPad or iPhone! By far THE BEST app on the market." — Paul Romhany — Product Reviewer from Vanish Magic Magazine

"I purchased Show Cues for my iPhone 4 and it is fantastic. This is exactly what I've been hoping and looking for. I'm am so thankful" — Santa Steve Gillham

"You have a real winner for those who choose to see the benefits, the cost is way to minimal!" — Brent Gregory — Professional Hypnotist

"Carl has designed the BEST, SIMPLEST sound cue device ever!  We use it to run ALL our sound needs, at the theatre and beyond.  I LOVE the fact that you don't need to be near a sound board, tech booth, or tech person!
— Joe Givan - FISM winner, Theatre Owner / Operator

Show Cues is one of the greatest apps for the stand-up entertainer in existence. It does everything you need. Say goodbye to the $1000-plus sound cueing hardware. Fabulous support and customer service, which triples the value in my book. I can't wait for the next upgrade, which will allow me to pre-set separate volume controls for each track. The best keeps getting better.
— Dan Garrett — Mentalist – Magician – Speaker – Humorist

"A killer App for performers of all kinds." — Greg Phillips — Magical, Motivational, Educational, Humorist, Pastor and Missionary!
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
Carl, will this release have individual track volume?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..13..17..21..25..29..31~32~33 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL