The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..31~32~33 [Next]
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
Carl,
When do you expect to release the updated Iphone app? It seems to have a lot of important upgrades.
Thanks,
Socalmagic
GrassosMagicTheatre
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of GrassosMagicTheatre
I will purchase it immediately when the price iPad version goes down to match the iPhone's
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Socalmagic, I am working on the upgrades while on the road for 2 weeks and expect them to be done by the time I get home and ready to upload to Apple. Grassos, the iPad price will probably go up at least another $10 once all it's extra features, unique to the iPad screen, are added.
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
Haven't take a video yet, but here's the set up I use for 99% of my shows with the new upgrade - Show Cues for iPad.

Click here to view attached image.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Very Cool Gary! I noticed you are not using the countdown timer, one of my favorite features Smile
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1813 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate how responsive Carl is. I had a couple of features I wanted to see in Show Cues and he's working on it! He responded to my emails very quickly, too.

I just purchased Show Cues yesterday and have begun working with it. I have several shows next week and will use it there and give my feedback on it. So far, it seems great.
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
Michael,

Got your message, will reply properly to you later today as I'm just heading out to another gig tonight.

Carl,

I don't use the timer, simply because this is a show I perform hundreds of times a year and I know exactly how long it runs for. However, I have several shows later this month where I have a 10 or 15 minute spot to perform, the timer will be very handy in these gigs to keep me on track!

Gary
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Here is what has been done with the update thus far. I am still trying to include two more really cool features before submitting it (a table view and pop-up cues option).
Show Cues 1.1

fixed sound between tracks

added volume slider
added no pause option
added auto fade all option
added change pause to fade option
added larger playback-state indicators
added volume up and down with remote

new instructions and video
new play buttons
new timer and alarm keypads
new settings screens
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1813 Posts

Wow, I can't wait for this update!
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
This sounds excellent

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I can't wait to receive the remote so I can give this a good try. If it works well I might cancel my pre-order for the Happie Amp Ultimate Control. Anyone else thinking about this?
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1813 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-06-12 19:59, MikeDes wrote:
I can't wait to receive the remote so I can give this a good try. If it works well I might cancel my pre-order for the Happie Amp Ultimate Control. Anyone else thinking about this?

I haven't pre-ordered the Happie Amp Ultimate Control but, if this works the way I hope it does, I won't be looking at that any longer. Show Cues should do everything I need so it will take care of my needs.
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
Carl,
On another thread you mentioned you were developing a hands-free magnetic remote. That is very useful, but I thought I would reccomend offering the hands-free remote with a pocket remote on the same frequency. That would allow you to start the music hands-free or from your pocket, as well as skip tracks and control volume from your pocket. I'm looking forward to the update!
Socalmagic
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Thanks Socalmagic, I will mention your suggestion to Shawn and the manufacturer.
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Hi
I currently use an iPod with set playlists for my shows. Each track has silence in between the tunes.
Can someone tell me what benefit this programme would give me over my current set up?

Thanks

Chris
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1813 Posts

You won't have to put silent tracks between the music tracks, you will have the ability to fade the music out and have the next track back at the correct volume (without having to try to do this manually), you'll have a very clear user interface that has color coding so you know whether the iPod is paused, playing or fading out.

The biggest thing for me is the ability to fade the music. I have some tracks I have to end early and I don't like ending them abruptly.
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Thanks Michael.
I've now seen the Happy Amp remote and confused as to whether this would be a better investment?
Anyone else looked into both?
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1813 Posts

I have considered both but, since I already have an iPod Touch and an iJet Nav remote, it made more sense to go with Show Cues. At this point, Show Cues is being updated at the end of the month, according to Carl. If the update works as described, Show Cues will do everything I need.
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
I agree Michael, the updates sound great. So nice to have an app that we can suggest ideas for that are actually taken on board! Well done Carl!
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Ultimately I'd like to control the music via an ankle switch or some other device that's hands free to control. Could this system be used for such operations?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..31~32~33 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL