The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33 [Next]
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
I just got the first of the new AudioApe remotes. It has the best range and feel of any remote in the market. They thought of everything and it is a dream remote control for Show Cues on your Apple Device. You will be able to get if from Conjuringcabinet.com . The rest of them should be shipping in the next couple weeks and the first run is almost sold out.

Carl
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
The AudioApe remotes are shipping! The best software "Show Cues" can now be teamed up with the best remote "AudioApe". We are all very excited about it!
Suffolk
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Suffolk
Hi guys.

Mr Late To The Party here.
This stuff looks great but a tad over priced. £70 for the app??? £400 for the remote Smile

Most of you wont know me. This is me: http://www.dougsegal.co.uk
I do a minimum of 50 public solo theatre shows a year playing theatres of up
to around 350 seats.

I also do a further 50 or so comedy club/cabaret club shows playing to between 50 & 2,000 people.

I'll do one or two festivals a year typically in the comedy tent seating circa 2,000.

Finally I'll do about 20 corporate shows for events with from around 100 to 1,000 people.

I feel it's fair to say I have experience of most of the performing environments any of you are likely to encounter.

This is my solution to running my own sound cues from stage.

I use
http://www.soundcueapp.com this does everything that £70 app does but is only £15 & works on iPhone & iPad at no extra cost.

I connect it via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth receiver. Specifically this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00IJYG......f=plSrch it is £30.

I've not had a single issue with it in over a hundred uses but I carry a spare anyway because why not? It's only £30.

Now. It's not as robust as the Ape remote device. But it's a fraction of the cost. It also only has a range of 50ft but.... Well I'll come back to that.

I also carry a 2x 3.5mm Jack to 2x 3.5mm Jack lead, a 2x 3.5mm into twin xlr, a 2x 3.5mm to twin guitar jacks & a 2x 3.5 into stereo 3.5mm Jack. This covers every conceivable connection to the sound desk possible. Costs will depend on the quality you want. I spent around £45.

Now you say.... "What if the sound desk is over 50' away?"
If you are playing an actual theatre where the sound desk is over 50' they will have two things GUARANTEED: They will have onstage sound inputs (typically xlr) and they will have DI boxes with associated cabling. Because THEY have to get sound from the stage to their desk too.
You simply place your Bluetooth receiver onstage by the sound inputs, connect that to two di boxes (my preference) & the di boxes into the house system.

Likewise if you are doing a festival or a corporate of that size. Though to be fair if I'm playing a corporate that big I'm getting paid upward of £5,000 to do it so I usually bring my own technician.

So I guess what I'm saying is. This all looks great. But you can do everything this offers much cheaper and I'm one of those rare pros where there is actually clear documented evidence of me actually performing the volume of gigs I claim (ticket links on line, reviews, listings etc) so you can trust me when I say "I do this. And it works".
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Quote:
On May 31, 2016, Suffolk wrote:
Hi guys.

This stuff looks great but a tad over priced. £70 for the app??? £400 for the remote Smile

to around 350 seats.

I also do a further 50 or so comedy club/cabaret club shows playing to between 50 & 2,000 people.

I'll do one or two festivals a year typically in the comedy tent seating circa 2,000.

Finally I'll do about 20 corporate shows for events with from around 100 to 1,000 people.

I feel it's fair to say I have experience of most of the performing environments any of you are likely to encounter.

I use
http://www.soundcueapp.com this does everything that £70 app does but is only £15 & works on iPhone & iPad at no extra cost.

I connect it via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth receiver. Specifically this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00IJYG......f=plSrch it is £30.

I've not had a single issue with it in over a hundred uses but I carry a spare anyway because why not? It's only £30.

Now. It's not as robust as the Ape remote device. But it's a fraction of the cost. It also only has a range of 50ft but.... Well I'll come back to that.

I also carry a 2x 3.5mm Jack to 2x 3.5mm Jack lead, a 2x 3.5mm into twin xlr, a 2x 3.5mm to twin guitar jacks & a 2x 3.5 into stereo 3.5mm Jack. This covers every conceivable connection to the sound desk possible. Costs will depend on the quality you want. I spent around £45.

If you are playing an actual theatre where the sound desk is over 50' they will have two things GUARANTEED: They will have onstage sound inputs (typically xlr) and they will have DI boxes with associated cabling. Because THEY have to get sound from the stage to their desk too.
You simply place your Bluetooth receiver onstage by the sound inputs, connect that to two di boxes (my preference) & the di boxes into the house system.

Likewise if you are doing a festival or a corporate of that size. Though to be fair if I'm playing a corporate that big I'm getting paid upward of £5,000 to do it so I usually bring my own technician.

So I guess what I'm saying is. This all looks great. But you can do everything this offers much cheaper and I'm one of those rare pros where there is actually clear documented evidence of me actually performing the volume of gigs I claim (ticket links on line, reviews, listings etc) so you can trust me when I say "I do this. And it works".

I used to think the same thing but I have to disagree with you, respectfully. I play a lot of similar venues. Theatres, to clubs etc.

Bluetooth, although good, is just that... good. A lot of things can happen with BT, disconnects and more. Sure, your success rate might be high, say even over 90% like mine probably was. But I need something that is 99.9%. Audio Ape is that. I bought one, love it. I suggest anyone looking for something that is beyond reliable do so too. As for a technician, yeah I loved having one but you're relying on someone else to hit your cues. With rehearsal, cost to pay the person, cost to travel with this person , the remote will save you tons!
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
A new review:

“I use AUDIO APE with "SHOW CUES"- this is an app by Carl Andrews...best thing that I have found!”
- Jeff McBride

http://mojosoftwareonline.com/showcues.htm
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Carl I love Show Cues with my pro iPad.

Bairefoot
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Thanks Bairefoot! I'm sure it looks great on that big screen. Would love to see a screen shot if you could email it to me.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Sure will tonight!

Bairefoot
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Hi

Can anyone tell me if this remote has the magnetic reed feature?
http://www.conjuringcabinet.com/product/showcues-remote/

Thanks
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I have used Show Cues for a long time. Up until recently I used it with my Pebble watch. I recently received an Apple Watch. I can't seem to use it to control Show Cues like I could with my Pebble. Can anyone help me with this or am I out of luck? I PM'd Carl but have not received a response.

Ron
Frank528
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Frank528
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2017, mrmagic0 wrote:
I have used Show Cues for a long time. Up until recently I used it with my Pebble watch. I recently received an Apple Watch. I can't seem to use it to control Show Cues like I could with my Pebble. Can anyone help me with this or am I out of luck? I PM'd Carl but have not received a response.

Ron

Sorry Ron you are out of luck at this point, ever since Apple has changed the way the Watch OS works......it used to work before, but no longer does.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
What a bummer. Oh well I will just have to make a separate folder in itunes and play from there without extra control or use Show cues from my iphone as a stand alone.

Ron
MightyMac
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of MightyMac
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2016, Bradacal wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys.

to around 350 seats.

I use

I used to think the same thing but I have to disagree with you, respectfully. I play a lot of similar venues. Theatres, to clubs etc.

Bluetooth, although good, is just that... good. A lot of things can happen with BT, disconnects and more. Sure, your success rate might be high, say even over 90% like mine probably was. But I need something that is 99.9%. Audio Ape is that. I bought one, love it. I suggest anyone looking for something that is beyond reliable do so too. As for a technician, yeah I loved having one but you're relying on someone else to hit your cues. With rehearsal, cost to pay the person, cost to travel with this person , the remote will save you tons!

Will look into using Bluetooth, audio ape only works in the US according to their website
MightyMac
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of MightyMac
Quote:
Hi guys.

to around 350 seats.

I use

Hi, I checked out the Bluetooth receiver which I wouldn't need as my ipod/iPhone is right next to the speaker but what do you use to control the app, do you have a hand remote? This is what I need
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Okay, I purchased Sound Cues last week, and really want to like it, because I like the features it has. However, frustratingly, the tracks almost always pause during playing, requiring me to hit play again. Obviously, this makes the app not suitable for use yet. I've reached out to Carl Andrews but haven't received a reply yet. I've tried this on an iPad Air 2, an iPhone, with the same issue occuring. The music is purchased, and resident on my devices. Has anyone faced these issues, and any satisfactory resolutions?

Thanks,
John
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Try deleting the app and re installing

Ron
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Thanks, did that. No difference. I'm very surprised.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Works for me. Not sure what your problem is then. Good luck

Ron
sileeni
View Profile
Veteran user
UK.
361 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Hi Jonnyboy,
This happens to me quite a bit too.
It will just stop randomly during a track.
Just deleted and reinstalled it, got all my music set and edited again and now the same thing keeps happening!!!
Aaaarrghh.
Can anyone help?

Best Wishes,

Paul. (AKA Sileeni)
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Sorry I have not been on this site for awhile and missed some messages. If anyone is having trouble with Show Cues, email me directly at carl@carlandrews.com. Try removing all individual track settings and see if you can run through the playlist without a problem. Let me know which remote you are using and if you have the same issue when running thru the playlist by touching the phone manually instead of by remote. Again I don't spend much time on the forums anymore, busy schedule, but email me directly. My email server was down for a couple months, long story, but working again. I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can and help solve your issues. Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL