The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..31~32~33 [Next]
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Gave mine a thorough test after the ios 7 update. Everything worked fine.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
For some users, after updating to iOS 7, it was necessary to delete the App and reinstall, then all will be fine. Thanks!
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Carl is correct. I deleted and re-installed show cues and it worked fine!

Ron
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
I'm writing to you regarding your show cues system.
First of all I want to congratulate you for it. I think it is a fantastic piece of help for all magicians, and other entertainers out there. Lots of people know about it, but even more should. Great piece of equipment! Thanks again!
I love using your device.
All the best,
Soma
2009 FISM Grad Prix winner
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Show Cues 2.7 submitted to Apple today with 15 new features and improvements. That makes a total of 150 enhancements in just over one year. Stay tuned for more info. Peter Samelson says "this takes it to a whole new level". This is a major update that we know you will love! Thanks again for all your support!
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Show Cues 2.7 (both iPhone and iPad versions) have been approved and are now available in the App store!
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
Just updated the app on ipad and all my playlists have vanished and I cant seem to add them again?
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
Have worked out how to recreate them, but I'm glad I didn't discover this as I was setting up for a show!
A warning would have been nice.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Does anyone know (for sure) from personal experience, if the iJet Transmitter that I have been using in conjunction with remotely playing my show tune music tracks on my iPhone 4S in the past : http://www.buyijet.com/top-products/ijet......ote.html

...will work smoothly in conjunction with the Show Cue 2.7 software?

Or, am I best advised to purchase the remote that is advertised as compatible for Show Cue at: http://www.conjuringcabinet.com/showcues......h=remote

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I am now the proud owner of the Show Cue 2.7 software APP. Thanks Carl! Smile

I will likely get the remote sold via http://www.conjuringcabinet.com as I understand,from Carl, that although my old iJet will likely work with the Show Cue 2.7 software, the remote form conjuring cabinet has a center button that will eventually allow the performer to have access to "expanded" options. Smile

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Thanks Jonathan and Joe, glad you got your playlist sorted out but just updating the App does not make your current playlist disappear, not sure what happened ?
Carl
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
The latest update has some terrific new features. I epsecially like being able to rename the tracks within the app, great way of keeping track of the show order. I used it tonight with the updates and it was flawless. Also being able to start the count down timer at a specific track is nice when playing pre show music.

Thanks,

John
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Thanks John!
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I now own show cues - very cool app. Very happy with the purchase. I have a few questions...

1- Any plan to make the menu pages work with the rotating screen? I don't like to have the music player mode horizontal and then when I go to menu I have to rotate the device.

2- if you want to play a track twice, is there a way to make it automatically loop? Or do I have to edit the song to lengthen it in one track.

3 - If I want to play a song at the beginning of the show and the same track toward the end of the show, how do I do this since I can't load the same song twice? Why is this the case with this app. I'm sure there is a good reason, but it is unclear to me.

4 - Lastly, if I purchase an iPad mini, will the app work well with this size device?

These are all my questions for now. Thanks.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Thanks Tony!
1 - no plans on the menu page as it would not look very good in landscape and the play screen does not show enough in portrait. Also the media picker supplied by apple only comes up in portrait. So we found it best for all screens to be portrait except the play screen for the best look and optimal screen optimization.

2 - We are considering a loop feature for the individual track settings on a future update, thanks.

3 - Show Cues saves the tracks settings by the song titles and duplicate song titles would create havoc with the database.

4 - Show Cues looks great on an iPad mini!

Thanks again,
Carl
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
1- this is disappointing. I mean it works fine for me, but this is the most expensive app I (or my circle of friends) have ever purchased. And the rotation feature is becoming an expected feature.

2- good. I'm glad. I can do an editing workaround for now.

3- again, I can do an editing work around.

4- good to know.

Thanks...
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Sorry to disappoint you on #1
Due to all the features Show Cues offers, we choose to display the screens in the best possible way for both appearance and use.

Thanks!
Carl
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
"Without a doubt the best break through in technology in 35 years! If you are a performer and are not using this app then your act is not getting the attention it deserves. So many features. Great tech support!!! 3 thumbs up!"
— Robert Mesmer
Beyond Reality
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Beyond Reality
Show Cues App:
I have been using the Show Cues App for the past year. First let me say the app is amazing. It has great bells and whistles. The Ijet remote sucks and has made it unusable for me and a few others that I know of but for most it sound like it works.

I have had several email conversations with Shawn and even exchanged the remote once and bought a second one and just couldn't get it to work correctly.

I spent 3hrs testing everything I could think of from testing it not connected to anything to testing it with a hard hook up to my PA to Blue tooth hook up using both IPod and Ipad2.

It turned out when I hard plugged it into my PA with either IPod or Ipad2 the remote stopped responding unless the remote was less than 1 foot away. When I used it with blue tooth to my Jam Box it worked from 75 to 100 feet away.

I bought a blue tooth adapter from Best Buy which made it work for the most part. Sometime I would have to push the button 2 or 3 times and some time it would move to the next track and immediately fade out. I also had to add 3 seconds of dead sound to every track do to the delay it presented. And if the blue tooth adapter was not right next to the IPod the music would cut in and out.

Finally I got fed up with the unreliability of fumbling with my music and looking like an idiot because of it. As a professional I want a reliable system. I have more important things to worry about during my show then stressing about my music.

Cue Commander:
I have had Cue Commander for 24 hours and have run the same test I ran with Show Cues and have had no problems with reliability. It has started every time. I will give it some real world experience this weekend and if it sucks I'll tell you.

I hope the app will be getting some added features. As a senior software developer myself I can tell you the more bells and whistles the more chance for problems. Show Cues has more options than I ever used.

The only added features Cue Commander needs would be to edit my play list and adjust individual track volume (in the software not by remote) on the fly those came in handy a couple times with Show Cues.

My only complaint about Cue Commander is the font size of the tack name. I want to be able to see it from at 3 feet or so. I could care less about the track number. I have several different shows and use hundreds of tracks. I want to be able to read the screen not try and remember what track number goes with this trick. I use the screen as a set list and I want to be able to see what trick I'm doing and what trick is in cue. That was also nice about Show Cues. The rest is risk of problems.

You could have a basic mode for those who can’t read manuals and an extended mode for those who what added features. So I look forward to the update!!!

So for me add those 3 feature and this is the best system on the market.

Yes $600 is a lot of money for me and the app needs an couple updates but as a professional my customers expect the best and so do I. I expect reliability first and foremost! In my market it will take 4 birthday parties to pay for it but to me it will be well worth it if it elevates reliability stress.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Thought I would pass this on to Show Cues for iPad users. I recently upgraded to the iPad Air and got the Smart Cover with it. The holes is the smart cover that match up with the lightning pin and the headphone plugs are cut quite small and precise. The problem is that you can't plug in the lightning to 30 pin adapter needed to use the remote while the cover is on. The hole in the cover and the thickness of the cover make it impossible. Luckily they do sell a lightning to 30 pin adapter that has a short cable between the two (a few inches). That works really well.

Plugging in the audio cable also poses the same problem. I found an audio cable that works but I'm not sure it is the best.

So my recommendation would be to get a third party cover and make sure the holes are cut big enough for your adapter and audio cable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Control Show Sounds With Show Cues (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..31~32~33 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL