The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » David DeVal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I just read on the escapology board that David DeVal passed away. I'm not sure when, but the post had the date of May 11. I was never fortunate enough to ever communicate with Mr. DeVal, but his book, "The Escapology Secrets of David DeVal", is in my library, and the current one I am studying. Let's all remember his family in our thoughts and prayers.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
This is truly a sad day. Mr DeVal was such a great performer of escapes, known around the world for his jail cell victories. Like Margarette, I never had the opportunity to meet the man, but only knew him by his books.

If I'm not mistaken, David DeVal was only in his 60s. So young and still had so much to offer the world. We never know when we will have to leave this world. May the passing of this wonderful man remind us all that life is precious, and short. Let us spend our time wisely showing love and kindness to everyone we meet. May it also remind us of our need to be prepared for what lies ahead after we leave this earth and meet our Creator.

With a sad heart,

Joe Marotta
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I am sorry to hear this, I have his escapology book in my library also.He will be missed by many.

Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I recently picked up his "Seventh Key" effect.

He certainly was an excellent craftsman.

Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
I did not have the opportunity to meet the man, but I will miss him as will many others.
A sad day for escapology and of course for his family. My thoughts & prayers go out to Mr. DeVal's family.

Tony
Tony Chapparo
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
I've spoken to David on many occasions, and have always recommended his "props" to budding escapologists. He was a man of incredible charm and wit - a real gentleman who would keep you talking and laughing for hours. Yeah, I miss him.
thinkofacard
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of thinkofacard
I did not know this.
I have purchased several items from him in the past and was always impressed with his ideas and effects.
A very sad loss. Smile
If you can't stand the blood, get out of the slaughterhouse!
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
I am saddened by this news. I also have his book which I feel is one of the best. Let him rest in peace.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I bought my first straitjacket from My De Val and was lucky enough to be invited to collect it from his home. He was a lovely guy who gave me a lot of advice in person and by phone. I only wish I had taken the time to get to know him better.

RIP David. You were one of a kind.

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » David DeVal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL