We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » TUC Coins Across Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkP6w0gmw3M please tell me what you all think....I wasn't happy with the display of the first 4 coins..those who know the properties of the TUC will be able to know what happened and why...Please rate and give feedback...thanks....also at the end, typically you would show your hands empty...I just failed to do that on this video...
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
Unfortunately, even if I'm not in "the secret" because I don't have the TUC, your main move is too obvious. And you repeat it!!! Twice! May I suggest you find a new edge for your presentation. A way to hide this move. Use playing card(s), your coins could travels from the card(s) to your hand, or vice versa. A strange container could have strange powers, as it makes your coins travels. Think outside the box! Explore what your own environment offers to you. Where are you working? Can you be inspired by something special at work? Or something you heard from your child/friends... But please, hide this move!!

Hope it will help!
Dave...
WalkerMagic
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of WalkerMagic
Quote:
On 2012-05-19 16:26, Trooper11040 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkP6w0gmw3M please tell me what you all think....I wasn't happy with the display of the first 4 coins..those who know the properties of the TUC will be able to know what happened and why...Please rate and give feedback...thanks....also at the end, typically you would show your hands empty...I just failed to do that on this video...

I think you did a great job!
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

My Method from what I understand is excatly the same way as mr tango when he did it on world magic shop...so as for changing the handling, I'm not sure how else to go about it with that gimmick...remember people don't know that a TUC does what it does...But otherwise thanks for your feedback!

Posted: May 19, 2012 6:20pm
Thank you Walkermagic
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
I thought it was pretty good.

you might want to try picking up the coins that have already travelled across so that it's not only 1 coin in your left hand every time. that way you can also shake your hands to make the sound of the coin travelling from one hand to the other.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-05-19 19:35, AdamChance wrote:
I thought it was pretty good.

you might want to try picking up the coins that have already travelled across so that it's not only 1 coin in your left hand every time. that way you can also shake your hands to make the sound of the coin travelling from one hand to the other.

I thought about that actually...like a Roths shelled coins across which I usually perform anyways...that video was a first time using the TUC...still trying to get a feel for it
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Good job dan
I liked it alot.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1632 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
The first 2 coins are well done, the third coin when you show the 2 coins on the right hand, it is too visible how you ended with 2, even not knowing how the tuc works something call the attention of the people looking at your hand, try to do it differently.
The 4th coin is ok, better than the 3rd but not as good as the first 2. Something in the way you move the fingers (I own 2 TUCs, so I know what is going on)

Hope this helps

Pablo
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

Sounds good Pablo. Thank you
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I think it's pretty good Troop but as to doing it 4 times, well the TUC works the same way everytime. Unfortunately in this case it offers not much variation to how you get it done behind the way the thing simply works. Still I think it would play well enough, though I think you'd get better overall reaction an appreciation from the Roth effect that you already do. And incidentally, you use the TUC very well. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

Mb, I do like the Roth coins across a lot. I think the real benefit to this version is the true display of "4" coins at the end with nothing to holdout. I'm going to try and take this further and see what I can do with it some more
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Trooper, I'd suggest learning a few CA routines without gimmicks so you know some alternative handling you can incorporate IF you'd like. There are all kinds of sleights used for CA:

-Eric Jones uses a CP and let's coins fall in a spectator's hand.

-Many use B's Friction Pass to toss the coins to the next hand.

-Some use a Back Palm of some type to show a hand empty or only having one coin instead of two.

-"Subtleties" can convince your hand is otherwise empty along the way.

-You can throw in a mini routine, like a One Coin Flourish, to add a little spice.

-I've seen Gallo and HPC pitches use.

-Then there are all sorts of gaffs in addition to a TUC. Wong's creations, XShells, Siamese Coins. A lot of things to experiment with.

It's interesting to see that you started this CA journey exactly like I did. Along the way I determined these things:

-Use more than one method.

-Work on your patter so it doesn't look like a math trick. I no longer say so much, "Look, there's four coins here, etc." I just show the audience four coins (got that feedback from my buddy David Neighbors).

-As suggested above, add the coin to your hand for an audible click when the other coin arrives.

Just suggestions. my friend. I thought your handling look GOOD. Nice and smooth!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
A couple of other ideas:

you can just do it with 3 coins so that it's less repetitive.

or... stick with 4 coins and do the first travel the way you did it.

do the second travel openly... kinda like a 3 fly travel... where you have 3 coins in the one hand... and say "watch the middle coin" ... then make the middle coin vanish by rubbing the coins together... and make a motion with your other hand like you're grabbing the coin out of the air above it.

and when you get down to 2 coins... put them both on top of your hand, and have the other coin palmed in that same hand. then slide the s***l over the insert, and at the same time, release the coin from your classic palm so that it looks like it passes through your hand (ideally, into the hands of the spectator). I normally just do this with a normal s***l and it looks great... so you can do it with a TUC also.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
That sounds pretty good adam.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Trooper, you did a fine job with that. You'd smoke anyone you performed it for!
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

I like the ideas here on the forum...I learned also winged silver a while back...and while it's a great effect, the use of a shuttle pass and multiple coin classic palm just became to much for me to enjoy doing it...the TUC creates a true "4" coin look. The Eric Jones version on his metal DVD is really good also.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I agree here that sometimes 4 coins is a bit much and causes unnecessary repetition. Using 3 coins is a great alternative and I do it with my KrazyKoinZ Across, with all different methods for each coin's crossing, even happens with spectator involvement. Smile I never leave home without it. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ive watched this video several times.
it looks good.anyone in the knowing of a tuc
would catch on.but if they don't it looks magical.
and to me it dispells the use of a shell.when you
can let the coins fall to the table.
good work dan
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Hey Trooper, I thought you did a really nice job on this. I love the CA concept, some routines more than others but this one is right up there..
Bill
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
614 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Nice work. check your PM :o)
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » TUC Coins Across Video (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL