The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2012 entrée: Martin Lewis » » Cardiographic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Hi Martin,

Welcome to the Café!

I'd like to know where on earth you got the inspiration for Cardiographic? Did you have the idea first and then develop a method or did you "discover" the method and then frame the effect around it? How did it develop?

Regards,

Martino.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Magikraft
View Profile
V.I.P.
58 Posts

Profile of Magikraft
Hi Martino. Thanks for your question. I had read a book by Henning Nelms called “Thinking with a Pencil,” Nelms also wrote the marvelous book “Magic and Showmanship.” Anyway I wanted to create a different kind of rising card and decided to apply the Helms method that involves well, a pencil and paper. I started by sketching a card rising from a deck in a goblet, then it just dawned on me. After that the method was simple mechanics.

Coming up with new or different effects is no so much a problem for me, presentations are what make me sweat and I am still working on some that I have been doing for years.

-Martin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2012 entrée: Martin Lewis » » Cardiographic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL