The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2012 entrée: Martin Lewis » » Card magic for spectators » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMason
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of MagicMason
Hi Martin. Welcome to the Magic Café!

Years ago I bought your sidewalk shuffle up in Mineapolis at Eagle Magic. Great trick!

Over the years... what kind magic (card plots) do you find that the spectators enjoy the most?

If you could only do three card tricks (anytime anywhere) what would you do?

Thank you Martin!

Tom Mason
Vienna Austria
Magikraft
View Profile
V.I.P.
58 Posts

Profile of Magikraft
Hi Tom, Nice to hear from you. My wife is presently in Vienna, well Gerasdorf actually, Visiting friends and family.

Glad you like Sidewalk Shuffle.

As to your question I rarely do single card tricks but prefer to routine two or three effects together. My go to effects are:

An in the hands Triumph which transits into Twisting the Aces and closes with Dr. Daley’s Last Trick.

Ambitious Card, which I start with All Backs and end with the Signed Card to Wallet.

I also have an impromptu Brainwave that I like - it’s fast and strong.

There is a lot of spectator interaction it these presentations which you will notice are pretty much all classics. I would do different effects for magicians of course, but these effects work really well for laymen.
MagicMason
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of MagicMason
Hi Martin. I used to live right next to Gerasdorf. Now we live just a little closer to city center. Alles Gute.

Thanks for your thoughts. I am sure you do those effects more than justice.

Is there a particular trick you get asked to do (impromptu) more often than others?

Do you do much impromptu coin work? Tricks you recommend?

thanks again Martin!

Tom
Magikraft
View Profile
V.I.P.
58 Posts

Profile of Magikraft
Hi Tom,

I don't do close up much these days, most of my work is in cruise ship theaters. When I am recognized after my show the most commonly asked for trick is, "Make my wife, (husband, wallet) disappear."

I have been doing those effects for more years than I can remember and by now they fit me like a glove, you can't go wrong with those effects that have stood the test of time.

I only do one coin effect, coins across to a spectators hand, the last one going under their watch. Like most of my close up choices it involves the spectator, and has a clear cut effect.

-Martin
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2504 Posts

Profile of critter
I like your "Undivided" a lot.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers

"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Valeyard-Magic-Stage-233226717588438/
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
I also love Undivided! Here's my performance of it that I recorded: https://vimeo.com/15523326
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
960 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On 2012-05-21 20:54, Alikzam wrote:
I also love Undivided! Here's my performance of it that I recorded: https://vimeo.com/15523326

I like it. Thanks
Magikraft
View Profile
V.I.P.
58 Posts

Profile of Magikraft
Thanks for the kind words about "Undivided" it is one of my favorites. Nice handling Leif!
epsilon97
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of epsilon97
I really enjoyed your video Leif!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2504 Posts

Profile of critter
It was cool. Had to turn down the music because it was depressing me, but other than that I liked it Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers

"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Valeyard-Magic-Stage-233226717588438/
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Quote:
On 2012-05-22 15:37, Magikraft wrote:
Thanks for the kind words about "Undivided" it is one of my favorites. Nice handling Leif!

Haha-- The handling is yours Martin! Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you guys enjoyed my performance.
magicman_65
View Profile
New user
Port Moody, BC
5 Posts

Profile of magicman_65
Great trick Martin, and a great video Leif!!!

http://www.cymagic.ca
Believe in Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2012 entrée: Martin Lewis » » Card magic for spectators » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL