The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2012 entrée: Martin Lewis » » A Miracle from Martin's Miracles » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
833 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
One of the books that did not get "lost" when I moved was your book Martin's Miracles (1985). Great book. Still in print? I especially liked the impromptu trick "Amazing Mind Control."

I actually met you at Earthquake McGoon's when I was a hippie living in the Haight in the sixties (I think it was). I found my way down to the financial district one day around dusk. Hope you are well and doing fine.
Magikraft
View Profile
V.I.P.
58 Posts

Profile of Magikraft
San Francisco in the sixties. I was pals with Ron Turner, who published Last Gasp Comics, and was a friend with the Hippie community. However these days my memories of those times might be a little hazy Smile

That book is still in print, a hidden gem in there, in my opinion, is the impossible miniature card rise. It's a little work to set up but a killer trick.

-Martin
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
833 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Well you have talent in the little-work-to-set-up department which I don't. Nonetheless, I'll have a look.

Did you know Spain Rodriguez as well? He was from my home and current town Buffalo NY and rode a motorcycle in a gang of that time called the Road Vultures. We had many mutual friends in the beatnik crowd ;-)

My favorite "underground" comic was S. Clay Wilson and I always did like Bill Griffith's Zippy the Pinhead Smile
wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
Martin's "THE" man! Welcome Martin...my good friend! I also wanted to mention the miniature card rise, and, ask if you have made any changes in presentation or method since it was published in Martin's Miracles? My computer is down right now, but, I'm keeping up with you from the library, and, will check back on you...so, behave or I'll tell Susi!

Thanks for everything Martin, and to Steve Brooks and all at the Café.

Michael
Magikraft
View Profile
V.I.P.
58 Posts

Profile of Magikraft
Hi Michael,

Susi can't help you, she is in Vienna presently, visiting friends and relatives. That routine has stayed pretty much the same and seemed to come out of me complete, which rarely happens.

-Martin
Magikraft
View Profile
V.I.P.
58 Posts

Profile of Magikraft
BTW, I have no financial interest in this, but you should all know that Michael makes the most beautiful convertible wands.
wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
Thanks for that compliment Martin! Hope Susi has a safe and enjoyable trip. Can't wait to see you both again....carry on!

From the public library, temporarily....Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2012 entrée: Martin Lewis » » A Miracle from Martin's Miracles » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL