The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Fearless Englishman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Sparrowhwk
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Sparrowhwk
I suspect Mr Morris would rather be called many things, but not "Englishman"!!!
I'm pretty sure he's Welsh, and that's NOT the same thing Smile
Either way, he is one of the best, and "Citizen of the World" may be the best descriptor.
TomFoolery
View Profile
New user
Gloucester
83 Posts

Profile of TomFoolery
Mario is Welsh.
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
...and the Welsh are not English... Like the West Virginians are not New Yorkers... Cymru am Byth...
Timothy Dowd
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
He's from Welch ? Like where they make grape juice ?
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
No, the one where they make jelly.

Get it right , there's a BIG difference!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
"Citizens of the World" I like that, every one else is english!
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Some of us, the GREATEST ones are Irish
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Being married to an Irish woman and having a touch of it myself... I'm with Paddy.
Although I have great respect for the Welsh; that's a tough spot of land. And one seriously tongue twisting language!

I thought Navajo was bad, but man alive...
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
I'm Welch/Irish.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Quote:
On 2012-05-26 23:53, Ekuth wrote:
Being married to an Irish woman and having a touch of it myself... I'm with Paddy.
Although I have great respect for the Welsh; that's a tough spot of land. And one seriously tongue twisting language!

I thought Navajo was bad, but man alive...

Veronica my wife is Scottish from Edinburgh, Celts are Celts!
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
True, true...
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
I have heard it said that the Welsh are in fact the only true English, everyone else being mixed up from a collection of Norse, Saxon, French and the Angles.

Best wishes,

Danny
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Nah... The Welsh are the Irish that couldn't swim Smile

Timothy Dowd... Mother: Kathleen Wyn Jones, Father: Lawrence Alan Dowd, descendent of the Dowd's of Dublin... Sister married a Scot... I married a Bavarian, Saxons live in Dresden... Celts are French.
Timothy Dowd
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Considering the Celts pre date the French, that mean's the French are Celts which makes sense because the Celts signifed the first European Union until the Romans turned up lol, the English are Normans which or makes perfect sence because the Roayl Family are German!
To set the record straight I am a Cardiffian Celt my Mother is Spanish, I dream of an ideal of a World with-out borders.
Sparrowhwk hits the nail on the head!
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
People always ask me where I come from... They are soooooo disappointed when I say England (except most Americans I've met who then go on to ask me if I know John Smith Smile)

So I came up with a reasonable answer...

If you're racist then I am a mixture of Welsh and Irish blood (and scotch whiskey)
If you're a nazionalist I'm English, with a touch of Lancastrian...
But I don't really recognize borders unless it's a great big book shop...
I am a citizen of the world and claim benefits in every country...
Timothy Dowd
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2012-05-27 18:53, djurmann wrote:
I have heard it said that the Welsh are in fact the only true English, everyone else being mixed up from a collection of Norse, Saxon, French and the Angles.

Best wishes,

Danny

It might be better said that the Welsh are the only true "British." As "England" (and English) are a subset of "Britain."
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
I take your point but the complaint of the Welsh tribes was that the Angles and the Saxons had pushed them back from their own lands (that's England). The picts were in Scotland and had nothing to do with the Welsh and Northern Ireland (in the Modern English sense,meaning the 6 counties)is part of Britain but again had Scots immigrants not Welsh (as did the rest of Ireland), so in fact English as opposed to British is correct.

In fact when the vikings came and the Danelaw was established the Welsh hoped that the newcomers (who were mostly in Scotland and the North of England (e.g. York) would come to their aid, drive out the vile English and return their lands.

But I do like a good reasoned argument as opposed to a fight so thank you.

Danny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Fearless Englishman (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL