The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2012 entrée: Martin Lewis » » HyperCard/HyperStudio/PowerPoint » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1775 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Hi, Martin.
Somewhat off on a tangent...
Do I recall correctly that you designed a Tangram HyperCard stack that was published in _Cool Mac Stacks_?

I designed a HyperCard magic stack called "Warlock" back in the 1980's. Then I switched over to HyperStudio because of the ease of using color in the stacks, plus there was a way of making the stacks work on the web using special html codes. "Warlock" included some animated effects like a moving pip card to reveal a chosen card.

I think there were other HyperCard magic tricks from other magicians over the years. I was sad to see HyperCard become extinct and miss it immensely. There seemed to be a movement to make HyperCard QuickTime-based, but I don't think that ever got off the ground.

I am still a Mac user, although for the school system I worked for I had to eventually learn the Windows OS and switch from HyperCard and HyperStudio to PowerPoint. There were some interesting things that could be done with PowerPoint using VBA--Visual Basic for Applications. But I don't think it was ever as versatile or powerful as either HyperCard or HyperStudio.

Have you done anything new magic-related with interactive computer projects?

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
P.S. I eventually re-did Warlock in HTML and with animated gifs but haven't gotten around to posting it to a web server yet.
----- Sonny Narvaez
Magikraft
View Profile
V.I.P.
58 Posts

Profile of Magikraft
Hi Amado,

Wow! The last question in the world I expected. Oddly enough I was lamenting the loss of Hypercard only recently. I certainly had a great time creating Tangrams. I also created a stack that cast the Viking Runes and gave a reading. I called it the "Norse Code" stack. (Yeah, I know.) That was also published somewhere...

I haven't done any interactive stuff recently although I did start to learn to write iPhone Apps in Xcode but done nothing with it.

I would like to see Warlock, let me know if you get it online.

-Martin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2012 entrée: Martin Lewis » » HyperCard/HyperStudio/PowerPoint » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL