The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » 52 Magic Legit? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Oooh. That's creepy.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
StealthySandwich
View Profile
New user
Everett, Washington
9 Posts

Profile of StealthySandwich
I found this site the other day by accident and looked it over. At first it appears legit, and who knows... many of the props may be real as so much stuff is made in china now. The prices look fantastic and I thought I might purchase a few "safe" items like the cut half dollars and some flash paper.

But then I noticed the shipping. It STARTS at $24 to get something shipped to the US. Anything over the first half a kilogrm, and they tack on another $6.50 per half. For just the few items I was looking at with a purchase price of less than thirty bucks, it wold have been $37 to get it shipped. And if you read the fine print, they don't pay import taxes on it, so if it gets stopped in customs (like flash paper or any liquid would), you get to pay those fees yourself or forfeit the item in question.

Long story short, it would actually be cheaper to purchase a leitiate copy of the expensive item you desire than to purchase a fake from here. Usually that's not the case, but this Chinese site oddly seems to be the exception.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
52 Magic is a company that manufactures and sells copies (they look legit but are very poor quality) of other creators tricks.

Not only that, you won't receive any instructions with the tricks either.

King Magic is the same.

Both should be avoided and ignored
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Be cautious - CHINA MAGIC is now selling illegal copies of some of our famous SvenPad® products.

They are 100% junk, of poor quality - no service or support - made in China.

All of our products are sealed with a silver foil numbered hologram label with our logo on it.

Sad to see these copies continuing to be made with the intent to rip off unwary buyers.

Make certain you are buying from a legit magic dealer.

https://www.52magic.com/index.html

Caveat emptor.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
ValeCavaliero
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ValeCavaliero
100% china clones
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » 52 Magic Legit? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL