The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler's Human Phone Number 2.0 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
As many of you know my phone book test "The Human Phone Number" has been unavailable for over one year. The issue was manufacturing the necessary signs for the standing ovation ending. The price of oil and other manufacturing issues made producing the routine impossible.

But the news is good. I've been working behind the scenes to make HPN available again. The major upgrade is complete. We've completely rebuilt the signs. The new signs still are matte finish so that spot lights don't cause blinding reflections. The materials have changed for the better. The signs are the same size, 9" x 11" but they are much thinner, exactly half as thick.

The benefit is two fold. The signs now weigh less than half as much as the originals at only 1lb 14ozs. They are half as thick too! In this day of tight air travel restrictions this is a big deal. The thickness is just over 1". This may be the best routine that packs flat and plays big ever created.

The new signs are tough as nails and will last for many years to come. The signs are now white with black numbers.

The training and routines are exactly the same as before. Five dynamite methods to cover any situation from close-up to parlor to stage! This is the #1 closer used by professional mentalists worldwide. The reasons are many. It's extremely easy to do so you can concentrate on your performance and presentation. It's totally practical, it can be performed in any situation from close up to parlor to stage. It can be done surrounded. You can use any phone book either white page, yellow pages or combination books.

You can read all of the details on my site at: https://www.bobkohlermagic.com/view-product.cfm?productid=37

It's the best investment you can make for you act and career. This is a proven well established routine that stands above all of the pretenders. Get it while it's available. Availability is limited. Ships June 1.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1390 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
This is a fantastic routine. I can vouch from personal experience. I performed this for three solid months as the guest act in Franz Harary's Mega Magic at the Tropicana in Atlantic City. The local paper, when they gave their review (very positive for the entire show), singled out my routine as the best thing in the show.

No, this won't perform itself, but Bob gives you all the tools to make something great out of it. Honestly, I'd prefer you don't buy it so there are fewer of us out there doing it, but that wouldn't be good for Bob. Smile
It's all in the reflexes.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I read the ad and the review of this in the Franz Harary show and thought, it MUST be $2,500. It's only $349.99? How is that possible? WOW!

Review from the entertainment section of the Atlantic City Courier.

Franz Harary's Illusion Show has a ten minute interlude by Travis Winkler. Travis features the Human Phone Number. Here's the review:

"The production is enhanced by the stage-filling sets and props, and by Harary's warm, non-imperious stage presence, which contrasts nicely with his grand illusions.

"Mega Magic" also features a mid-show turn by Travis Winkler, who actually delivers the evening's most amazing stunt. Using sealed envelopes given to audience members who are arranged onstage in an ostensibly random manner, he divines a telephone number chosen by another volunteer from the crowd.
Somebody should give this guy his own show!"
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3188 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
HI Bob, as I already have the old version, there is any chance that I can get ONLY the signs?
PLease let me know at my email: info@lucavolpe.com
Thanks!
Luca
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1245 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Does this work in Germany too?
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3188 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Good Question Eric!hope to know if we can purchase only the new sign!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2012-05-30 08:33, EricDraven wrote:
Does this work in Germany too?

“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Aftereight
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aftereight
Hi, my question is the same. Does it work only in USA or can we use it in Europe countries too?
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1360 Posts

Profile of rowland
You can use this in the uk without a problem
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Sorry to say I can't sell just the signs even to owners of the original HPN. The reason is almost the entire production cost on my end is manufacturing the signs.
To keep the quality standard high using matte finish materials is extremely expensive. I searched sources for over a year to find a source that would allow me to keep the product alive at the same price point.

It's impossible for me to keep up with phone books from every country but up to this point in time there are magicians in every EU country performing HPN as well as S. America, Australia, New Zealand, S. Africa and many more.
The instructions cover 5 methods. So far there has been a solution for all the phone books we've examined or have heard about from users of HPN.

The kit comes with 20 signs and 10 envelopes that allow you to always find a way to bring the routine to a great climax.

I hope this helps...
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
922 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Sounds great but is it possible (even in a PM) to tell us when the envelopes are given out?

Is it after the number is selected? Is it before the number is selected? Or is it as each digit is called out?
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3188 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thanks Bob...so I need to stick to my old one... Smile
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2012-06-01 05:11, David Klass wrote:
Sounds great but is it possible (even in a PM) to tell us when the envelopes are given out?

Is it after the number is selected? Is it before the number is selected? Or is it as each digit is called out?

My god ! The mentalism goes it the very lazzy way!
Man ! read the add of HPN ! http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/bo......e-number
If I was Bob I'll create some kind of intelligence test to sell my products, if you fail, you'll not able to buy them!
The test will be " how use a keyboard then google!
When you think these people pretend to read mind !
Don't worry David, you're not the only one to ask silly question without do any search! Shame!
Does it work in Germany?
No yet, Germany will have the piece of advanced technology called phone book in two years if everything goes well!
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
922 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Have you read the description parmenion?
If you have you would know that in some areas it is a little vague .

Ive done my research, read the description of the effect and all the previous threads on here. Reading between the lines the method seems  glaringly obvious, but I hope I'm wrong and I hope this is a lot cleaner than I am presuming.  However, before I write this one off I just wanted to make sure my presumptions were correct. I was subtly trying to ask a question without being blatant and exposing what could be the method. Bob doesn't allow Pms and so I had to ask in the open. Ive tried emailing. 
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12200 Posts

Profile of John C
I've always used The Real Thing in Doug Dyment's Stimulacra. Don't know if they use the same method but the effect is similiar. Mix up a bunch of envelopes, hand them out and the message displayed is clear.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
922 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Ah, maybe I am thinking along the correct lines if this is similar John.

It does sound like it is.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22774 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bob Kohler magic is not for the curious that need to know every secret method of all the tricks being produced by Mr. Kohler or anyone else. This is not the purpose of the Café or this forum, to divulge secrets to methods of magic effects or mind reading.

Bob Kohler markets "Commercial" effects for the working performer, not for people that have to "guess" the method.

I know a person presenting this effect at his shows and he claims it is a killer routine and effect. That is what is important, and the only real reason to determine if an effect should be purchased.

@David Klass, how will knowing when an envelope is handed out, influence your reason to purchase this effect? If it is handed out before the number is selected, you will buy the trick, and if it after, you will not. I believe the answer is clear, no matter which one is answered you have not desire to purchase this effect, you only want what other have paid a high price to learn. Sorry, that is not how magic is sold, you know the secret, the trick is sold, as the old saying goes.

Please note, it is against the rules of the Café to discuss secrets in the working of tricks in an open forum. Continuing on your path may get you penalized by the Café. Just some friendly advice, as it seems you are escalating your theories.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
922 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Thank you the advice/ threat.

I don't want to know the secret and would never discuss any secret on an open forum.
I just want to know how the routine plays out.
Surely that's fair?

Why do you assume I wouldn't buy this?
You seem to know a lot about me and for the life of me I can't remember us ever meeting Smile
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1669 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
David is one of the good guys on the Café, shares his imaginative ideas, and for his effort -- gets jumped in the alley behind the Café by the always critical and carping wmhegbli.

Humpf.

Cheers,
Jerry
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2518 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
This is really all about Workers. I remember when a well known magician told Eddie Tullock he couldn't make a living doing Trade Shows using just a deck of cards. If you have something that works, use it. Bob has something that works for those who are real workers. Are there other ways, you bet. Bob only produces the good stuff.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler's Human Phone Number 2.0 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL