The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Rendez Vous on DVD by Jean-Pierre Vallarino's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChopCup
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of ChopCup
Does any Café member have this? I'm interested if it's worth the price( around $36 ).

Chop Chop
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have hist first DVD, which was wonderful. Not sure about this one.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MagicDream
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
4 Posts

Profile of MagicDream
I think it's one of his best. Lot of new routine and utility move, and always the same grace and elegance. A half of the DVD is talking, the other half is in music. I'll put the trailer online is a few day. Smile

And now.... the video !!! You can see the trailer of the JPV DVD at this adress http://www.magicdream.fr/vala.rm .
11 effects and a lot of new techniques plus a special bonus... Smile
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Thanks for the link to the trailer, MagicDream. Does anyone else have reviews on this Rendez Vous DVD? I am quite interested in it. Thanks in advance.
Chris Michaels
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Chris Michaels
It's been more than a month since anyone has responded. I was curious if anyone else has picked this up, or has more in depth info? Thanks for your time.
"penguin is the cheapest magic shop online" - some person I was talking to on AIM.
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
I just received this DVD in the mail yesterday. I heard a lot about Vallarino's elegant style, and I was eager to order the DVD to see what the man was all about, even though it doesn't seem like many people have bought this DVD, judging by the few reviews this thread has generated.

I was not disappointed the least bit. I really enjoyed this DVD a lot, and consider the money well spent. Vallarino goes through 11 card effects, of which 5 of them are performed to music only. Many of the effects are his own handling of classic plots in card magic, eg. Collectors, Sandwich Effect, Reset, Triumph, & Card to Envelope.

I really like Vallarino's elegant & graceful style, and his handling of cards is simply beautiful to watch. Somehow I think there's a difference in style between European magicians and say, American magicians. Anyway, back to the main point.

My favourite routines are the Colour Triumph and the Reset routine. These are excellent routines which fooled me pretty badly when I saw them. I think most of the routines in this DVD are useable, practical material which is comfortably within reach for the intermediate level card magician. Granted, some are slightly more difficult as the require some palming, but generally I would say the level of difficulty is medium, and a majority of the effects can be done with a borrowed deck.

Hope this review helps!
Chris Michaels
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

I agree with you 100% on his handling. I saw his Card Fantasy video.. which is why I was wondering about the effects, because I know atleast 1 trick is the same that was on the first one. Handling may be different though, I'm not sure. I look forward to picking it up eventually. He's the main reason I'm looking into card handling.. that's what I'm talkin about..

Are all 11 tricks explained? In Card Fantasy the ones to music weren't explained.
"penguin is the cheapest magic shop online" - some person I was talking to on AIM.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'd be interested if the Card Fantasy is taught also.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Hi Chris Michaels. Yes, all the 11 effects shown are explained. However, there is a bonus effect at the end of the DVD which is not explained (or at least I have not been able to find the explanation anywhere).

Vallarino's style of handling is very beautiful, and that is the kind of smooth & elegant handling which I would like to achieve eventually in my card magic. That is the main reason why I decided to buy the DVD, and I was not disappointed.
Chris Michaels
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Glad to hear.. I'll pick it up with some xmas money maybe. Thanks.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I own this dvd but haven't got around to watching it yet. I really liked his prize winning video, so I'm sure his Rendez-Vous dvd will also be very good.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1914 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I have card fantasy and rendez vous, and there is no overlap in the material... I do however have an older video that is in french by vallarino, and it has some overlap with the new rendez vous dvd..he also performed his champagne act on worlds greatest magic #3 and I would say it is one of the more beautiful routines done to music... his coin work is excelent as well.... hope this info helps...

Jon
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Rendez Vous on DVD by Jean-Pierre Vallarino's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL