The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Favorite iphone apps? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Hey everybody,

I just got an iphone. It's funny, it doesn't really seem like a phone to me, more like a pocket sized computer that you happen to be able to call people with.
...and I've been looking at apps..

Do you have any favorite apps you use in your performances (wether close up or stage)?

-I downloaded a hypno-disk app; and since I was showing it off I went ahead and used it to hypnotize a few people. This has a bright future for me I think, it's simultaneously fun, kitschy and effective (I saw it on one of Docc's Doccinars, which I will be re-watching)

-I downloaded an astrology flashcard app and plan on getting a horoscope app and a tarot app. when I research them a bit more.

-I downloaded an ESP test app by Russell Targ (!) which I haven't played with yet, but could be a lot of fun

There are also a lot of magic trick apps. These look cool, but don't make any sense to me because if you do a good job on a routine and people know you are using an app they will just look for it and then they'll be able to do you trick.

What do y'all think?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I just saw "iForce."
It looks cool, based on the trailer, except for my concerns above.

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1570 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Check this one out:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=150

Here is a direct link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ubt-for-m......s=1&mt=8

Also search for Mental Killer in the app store.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Wow, thanks for that it looks cool.
It's a bit too high-tech for me (I only just texted for the first time this afternoon) and not something I can justify price-wise, but that is very cool.

Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1830 Posts

Profile of Prager
http://www.mindshocks.com

Check Swipeit and Liebrary.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Swipeit looks cool.
I like that, apparently it is not an app, so presumably it doesn't run into the problems I had above.

I don't plan on getting it right away, but it does look interesting; ...it's on my 'quite possibly' list.

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2012-05-30 22:39, seadog93 wrote:
Hey everybody,

I just got an iphone. It's funny, it doesn't really seem like a phone to me, more like a pocket sized computer that you happen to be able to call people with.

Do you have any favorite apps you use in your performances (wether close up or stage)?

-I downloaded a hypno-disk app; and since I was showing it off I went ahead and used it to hypnotize a few people. This has a bright future for me I think, it's simultaneously fun, kitschy and effective (I saw it on one of Docc's Doccinars, which I will be re-watching)

-I downloaded an astrology flashcard app and plan on getting a horoscope app and a tarot app. when I research them a bit more.

-I downloaded an ESP test app by Russell Targ (!) which I haven't played with yet, but could be a lot of fun

There are also a lot of magic trick apps. These look cool, but don't make any sense to me because if you do a good job on a routine and people know you are using an app they will just look for it and then they'll be able to do you trick.

What do y'all think?

I JUST GOT AN IPHONE TOO AND I'M WONDERING WHAT IS COOL AND WHAT IS DORKY!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 00:20, Slim King wrote:
...AND I'M WONDERING WHAT IS COOL AND WHAT IS DORKY!!!

LOL!
Me too, me too.

...in addition to mentalism advice, anything on this subject as well! Smile

Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1416 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I'm sad... cause I got an Android based phone and there are a lot less magic apps available than for the IPhone.
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1570 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Ray,

Here is an app for the Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubt
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
I have been using a tarot app to help me learn the cards. Galaxy Tarot for Android. Its a nice app
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
I'm also an Android user with a lot of praise for Galaxy Tarot.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2189 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Not a effect but--
If you upload an album of Tarot Cards (or any other divination tool) into your iphoto-- you can set the slideshow to random and give readings without having to bring the card/runes/tea leaves.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2527 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Here's an offbeat idea. You can use it as a makeshift thumper for parlor or stage work.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 12:43, dmoses wrote:
Not a effect but--
If you upload an album of Tarot Cards (or any other divination tool) into your iphoto-- you can set the slideshow to random and give readings without having to bring the card/runes/tea leaves.

d

I love it.
I just downloaded a tarot app for exactly that purpose. It has a few layout options and an option to scroll quickly through the cards and pick one by touching the screen randomly.
It can used with explanations, for clarification or to help learn, or without to just do a reading.

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 13:11, Steven Keyl wrote:
Here's an offbeat idea. You can use it as a makeshift thumper for parlor or stage work.

I think that's a very cool idea.

Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1830 Posts

Profile of Prager
Swipeit works with Android.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 16:58, seadog93 wrote:
Quote:

Courtney,
Talk with Mauricio Jaramillo, he was the first to do this. I was with him earlier this week in bogotá and he has some great thoughts on this application.

Also, check out ghost radar, I've used it for an impromptu seance at the Whaley house in San Diego. Give me a call on Monday when I get back home and I will explain how to use it to get the best results possible.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2527 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 23:22, WDavis wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 16:58, seadog93 wrote:
Quote:

Courtney,
Talk with Mauricio Jaramillo, he was the first to do this...

Without knowing how long I, or others, have been using this technique, that is quite a bold statement. How can you be so certain of this?
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 00:20, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-30 22:39, seadog93 wrote:
Hey everybody,

What do y'all think?

I JUST GOT AN IPHONE TOO AND I'M WONDERING WHAT IS COOL AND WHAT IS DORKY!!!

It's not magic, but check out an app called 'ACTION MOVIE'. It's totally cool and great fun. And it's free.

best
Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Favorite iphone apps? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL