We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Ending for CSB (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Although the beginning and middle of any CSB routine is fine, I can't seem to find a killer ending for it. All I have found is more of the same.
Does anyone have a climactic ending they could share with me?

Thanks
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Watch Doc Eason here to see his gutsy ending. Better yet buy his booklet. His routine is the best and the Bob Sheets "miracle move" is real magic:

http://doceasonmagicshop.com/oscommerce/......j380on14

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have and Ending where they all vanish at the end! And one where all THREE Coins Change at the end!

There both in my sound Routines book! Smile P.M. me for more Info!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
His ending is the same thing.
Are you talking about the 2nd to last where it's in the spectators hand? If so then maybe he should have ended with that one.
In the specs hand is the best ending I have seen so far.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
I enjoyed that andre
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5318 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Scott Guinn has a "Pouched CSB" that has a great ending, particularly if you use the Himber Purse from The Ambitious Card instead of the modified coin purse that Scott used. I believe it is in Scott's ebook "My Best To You - Coins" volume.

Jim
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8791 Posts

Profile of funsway
I start with a spectator handing me a copper, silver and Chinese coin from a basket full of mixed coins and end by returning them to the basket --- followed by others coins chosen by a spectator for my next effect.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
David, I guess I need to pull out the "sound routines" booklet again!

Cal
Cal Tong
Past President
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello slyhand,
For a killer CSB routine, check out Unforgetable Coin Magic by Cody Fisher. The routine is called Real World CSB.
Jim
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Hi Cal,
Yea You Do!!! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Hofi
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hofi
I like the fact to hand out the coins at the very beginning to let them see and feel the coins. This reduces thought like "special coin". In the last phase I do an explanation that I move with light speeding etc. ... and this is a very funny part of the routine as poeple think its real (as I start with a possible explanation - which can´t be either). than the realize: he is making a joke. this is the ending. Not the killer one, but it leave me with 3 regular coins again on the table.
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
How about going a totally different direction.
You could change the coins to something else (a dollar bill, 3 dollar bills, a coin purse...a lemon with the three coins inside it),
you could do 3 coins to impossible location (the purse, a lemon, your pocket, their pocket...),

Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Hofi, I like your approach.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Has anyone done this trick with an okito box or maybe some other coin prop?

I've got the impossible matrix card by john kennedy and I've always toyed with the idea of combining a matrix routine with a CSB or 2 copper 1 silver or something like that... just because it would be easy to get the gimmicks in and out and end clean.

but the thing I like about CSB is that you don't need a surface and you can perform it just with your hands and a pocket... so a matrix or coin box routine isn't ideal.

I like ending in the spectators hand, but it's not for me. I wouldn't want to put coins in someone's hand where they can just decide to look at the coins in their hand and ruin your trick.

but there's gotta be some sort of prop that can be used for the last sequence of moves in this trick that gets a good enough reaction as a finally as well as lets you end clean. can anyone think of one?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Yea In The Lost Pages of the Kabbala Pg. 77 There is a handleing With a Okito Box And a 2 copper one silver! By Eugene Castillon! And I Have Handleings With A coin Purse, And a Card! And isn't ideal. That Depents Where you are working at! And who you Are working for!

And I have no table Handleings Where thay all vanish at the End! And one where they ALL 3 change at the end. And you end Clean! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8791 Posts

Profile of funsway
Another thread on C/S Transposition in the spectator's hand started me thinking about CSB also.

At the end of your standard routine you offer to let the spectators try. Person "A" selects one of the coins, person "B" another, and you take the remaining one (absolutely free choice). Each of you clutches the chosen coin in your fist against your heart -- allowing the "eyes of heart" to see the coin and then imagine a different one. When all hands are opened each holds a different coin -- a three way Transpo.

In the process of doing this the gaffed coins are also switched for real ones -- all handled without any suggestion of inspection.

The elements of this Three Way Transo can be found in "Sleight and the Family Stone" -- free for the asking (and commitment to feedback) Requests to gusarimagic@comcast.net

Then contact me for deatails on this new effect which I will begin documenting.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Jeremy Pei has a DVD on the csb which has a snazzy routine requiring an exp... Sh.... that fits over the CSB and the addition of an extra silver coin. I am sure you can imagine the possibilities.
Cal Tong
Past President
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27087 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 17:20, slyhand wrote:
Although the beginning and middle of any CSB routine is fine, I can't seem to find a killer ending for it. All I have found is more of the same.
Does anyone have a climactic ending they could share with me?

Thanks

What motivates the transpositons? (that's a path to "how do I find a climax to a series of transpositons")
Here's a direct one: What if the location of the copper coin was determined by the location of the chinese coin? Smile Once you establish a premise like that it's not a huge leap to claim that when you put the Chinese coin away the other two follow (ie vanish).
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
^ Agree with Jonathan. What is the REASON you are doing what you're doing? I believe Al Schneider approaces his magic that way as does David Neighbors. Giving a reason for every step you take in a routine makes your magic much stronger, IMO.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Yea You should all ways think not just HOW, But WHY, WHEN And WHERE, ! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Ending for CSB (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL