The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage Trailer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
I am looking at purchasing a trailer that converts into a stage for use at fairs and festivals. I have info from several companies that build them but I want input from anyone that might have used one in a touring illusion show. (Please note, I'm not looking for the size that are hauled by semi's and are used for major concerts, this is a "grounds" act for fairs.) I'm not locked into a particuliar price as this is to be a major investment that we are willing to make. Thanks!
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
You may wish to contact Richter Scale Productions in Denver, Colorado. They have several portable stages for rent and a lot of experience with various portable stages. (303) 680-4888.

--Jack Smile
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Why not make your own ? Mine was made on a double axel bed, took me five weeks work costed out around $3000, I have used such stage units for the past twenty years and designed them so that accomadation was included. Go to my site http://www.kondini.com click on stage unit to veiw. The side flaps fold in at night and the wings inside fold forward, thus giving me an area of 20ft X 6ft 6inches for sleeping, eating, watching the TV etc (Cheaper than digs and you can keep secure all of the props etc in there with you),at present I have 4 such units used for different types of shows, the most expensive one was made for me in Holland and shipped over, cost $12000 and basicaly does no more than any of my other cheaper models, but the decoration is superb hence the price. Hope this helps, Ken.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Wow, Ken, You got a cool stage. Have you ever thought about selling the plans on how to make one?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Glad you like it. no ,plans are in my head and get changed as I work. Not many performers work the outside shows here in the UK (Thank goodness, its more dosh for me) If they did,,,would they be prepared to make the initial investment, my experience with other magicians are that they are a mainly lazy bunch and would prefer to do close-up or kids shows on a part time basis. My only income is from performance so have to explore other avenues (Such as Fairs etc) To be able to pay the mortgage, so in order to perform on the outside a mobile unit is a boon, not only to the booker but for my own presentation and comfort as well also by supplying your own fully self contained stage it puts the fee up to very near double. Of course you offer its use to other acts on the showground don`t you (Again extra income) Who`s a clever boy then !!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage Trailer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.41 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL