The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » It's Done! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
I'm looking for suggestions as to how to end a "full illusion" performance/show?

no,i'm still far from doing those things, cuz I'm mostly doing close up and impromptu now but I'd like some suggestions on what might be good closers for an illusion show.

something that's no cliched and....... at the same time foolproof and "easy" to set up.

Smile
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Streamers, confetti, pyro flashes etc.

You could always mega enhance your last illusion, bringing it miles over the top!

Just a thought!

Kevin
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Thanks!

by the way, can you name a way of producing confetti besides just the standard "palmed" load cuz I think that's way too obvious! Smile

is there a way of producing confetti from my bare hands, without having to resort to palmed loads, or black art?

I'll appreciate any suggestion for that too!

also, I can't thank you enough Scot, your reply was very..... insightful. thanks again! Smile
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I have seen several illusion shows where the final effect was smaller rather than "huge and flaming". A couple of examples are Kirby van Burch's Gypsy Thread routine, and several folks' Snowstorms. If you are performing a themed program, this could give you a chance to present your message in a lower-key way that everyone would remember. This would also be less expensive and more reliable (not to mention safer) than using the pyro, etc. The Snowstorm might also give you the "confetti from hands" effect you want.

As for confetti, I have used a confetti launcher with a foot switch. It's not from the hands, but it's effective, fairly inexpensive and does a great job of creating a confetti shower. With the launcher hidden behind you or behind a table, you could make it appear like the confetti was coming from your hands or from some object you might be holding.

Just a thought,

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of fire, and flashy effects anyway. but I thought presenting SNOWSTORM in a different way would be cool..... Smile

I just don't know how to "improvise" for it yet.
and have no plans on purchasing magical props online or anywhere, cuz I'm on a budget. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » It's Done! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL