The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Favorite Dealers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
I have really enjoyed my dealings with Vanishing Inc.
Andi, Josh, and the others are very strongly based in customer service.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Sorry, but I cannot believe so many advocate Mad Hatter Magic when they have so many rip off copies on the site (hence "good prices").

On Face Book some top names have written to Bill in protest (the latest rip off offered by Mad Hatter is a copy of Dean's Box)
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
He also carries non-rip off items for much cheaper than most dealers. So why pay more somewhere else?

Not to mention super fast shipping and awesome customer service!!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
It's up to the buyer if he buys a known "generic" item or not. The Madhattermagic has good prices on several non generic items also.
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
One major problem with Madhatter Magic is that their overseas shiopping prices are unbelievably high.
$223.01 for FedEx Internation Priority mail for a book - I don't think so!
Penguin for the same product is less than $50.
Someone is making a BIG proffit here!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-06-14 22:40, Burf wrote:
One major problem with Madhatter Magic is that their overseas shiopping prices are unbelievably high.
$223.01 for FedEx Internation Priority mail for a book - I don't think so!
Penguin for the same product is less than $50.
Someone is making a BIG proffit here!

That's a bummer because they're international shipping is priced right.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Bill Groome
View Profile
New user
Columbia, S.C.
89 Posts

Profile of Bill Groome
We had to install new FedEx modules last week, and new payment modules this week. We still have some bugs in the modules to work out. We are running audits and making adjustments. If you see something wierd as above (thanks Burf) please email our store direct and bring it to our attention. It's temporary and will be fixed ASAP.
All the Best,
Bill Groome (owner)
www.MadhatterMagicShop.com
Madhatter International
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Quote:
On 2012-06-15 11:18, Bill Groome wrote:
We had to install new FedEx modules last week, and new payment modules this week. We still have some bugs in the modules to work out. We are running audits and making adjustments. If you see something wierd as above (thanks Burf) please email our store direct and bring it to our attention. It's temporary and will be fixed ASAP.

Thanks Bill.
Thought you must have been delivering in person Smile
Will check out the revised pricing.
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Big Kev by the playing field. Excellent dealer, superb advice about the latest 'product' even gives free samples to first time 'buyers'. Can't fault his customer service (daren't fault it, he carries a knife). I've never had any reason to complain. Oh wait, magic dealers. Sorry my bad
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Lol Zerububle! Round these parts he's known as 'Chronic Kev,' aka 'The Shiv.'
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-06-13 15:03, BatsMagic wrote:
I'm going to add Paul Harris Presents to my personal list. I own several of their products, although I did not buy them directly from PHP. I had a problem with one of their items, and after mentioning it here on the Café, I received a personal reply from Janet. She more than did right by me, even though I was not asking for help from them. I just want to mention that I am a fan of PHP and Alexander Kolle's recent release, "Stitched", and I am here on the Café saying excellent things about it, but the two things have nothing to do with each other, and I am not letting their fine customer service influence my review of "Stitched". It is an EXCELLENT product! And PHP and Janet are at the top of the heap in my book!

Most places won't help if you bought somewhere else. Thanks for sharing that great experience you had with Janet at PHP.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I agree with Penguin being among the best, but I am surprised no one has mentioned Ellusionist! Some of the best gaffed cards I have ever owned came from them, and Brad has always been extremely helpful! Also I haven't seen any mention of Nexus Magic Shop in California. Jason has busted his ****s bringing that shop to market.

Doug
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Personally, my favourite magic dealer has to be Mark Mason. What a fantastic demo machine. On the occasions I've had the pleasure to watch his stand, It's a lesson in perfect showmanship. You can tell when he is demoing the moment you enter a dealer hall. There's a crowd around his stand waving £20 notes in the air like stooges in a three shell game. The only difference is that they are real customers, delighted in the magic he is performing.

The guys a legend!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5157 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Dominic, I bet there are very few out there who would argue with you. I remember my first time seeing Mark Mason demo at Magifest years and years ago. I could only afford to buy one effect at that time, but I hung around for hours just watching him perform all of his inventory - over and over again. Year after year, I would go to Magifest and make an effort to make JB Magic my "go-to" destination...and I was never disappointed. As time went by, and my income increased, Mr. Mason took more and more of my hard earned green-backs, and I never had a regret to this day.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Hank Lee mostly for sales. Ordered from Denny a few days ago though.
The Great Stevini
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of The Great Stevini
Quote:
On 2012-06-19 03:58, Zerububle wrote:
Big Kev by the playing field. Excellent dealer, superb advice about the latest 'product' even gives free samples to first time 'buyers'. Can't fault his customer service (daren't fault it, he carries a knife). I've never had any reason to complain. Oh wait, magic dealers. Sorry my bad

Makes my eyes red just thinking about him...
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
Penguin! For my last shipment they drew a picture of Corbis the Penguin congratulating me on nearly finishing med school. Then when the product was supposed to take 9-12 days to get here via free shipping, it came in 4...so great!
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Acar is a great guy and Penguin would get my vote; only if I had not spent the bulk load of my magic investments at Denny & Lee's (Vegas). They are my brick and mortar/internet go to's. So I order online when not in Vegas. And I've met them both and trust they have magicians best interests at heart.
JohnGelasi
View Profile
Loyal user
With just a snap, incredibly, I now have
228 Posts

Profile of JohnGelasi
Elmwood Magic is definitely a favorite. Fast, reasonably-priced shipping and awesome customer service Smile
Blaque_Magik
View Profile
New user
Okinawa, Japan
79 Posts

Profile of Blaque_Magik
I have to say that hands down for me Penguin is the best bet. I truly love the enthusiasm Acar displays; it feels like he is honestly talking directly to me, and the customer service is superb. I've dealt with Paper Crane too and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I don't know if it counts but, if not, honorable mention needs to go to Mr. Jamie D. Grant, I think he is honestly one of the most amazing guys in the world when it comes to satisfying his clientele... Or should I say one of the most amazing guys in the world period.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Favorite Dealers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL