The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » More ambitious, less tiring... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Curious, how do you guys pull off your Ambitious Card routines?

Mine starts off with the classic pass (time misdirection here),

the Marlo tilt,

the movie,

then I top change to "achieve" the braue pop-up finale for it....

How 'bout you guys? Smile

I chose to just name sleights so any lurkers won't ... get what they want!
and I was hoping you guys would name the moves or techniques you use too... because Ambitious Card is my favorite in card magic. Smile Smile
undodog
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of undodog
Any card signed.
1. Tilt.
2. Spectator lifts half the deck.
3. Not sure what the next bit is called but I cut the pack, show the card, secretly place 2 cards on top and put the top into the middle of the deck.
4. Then I finish with the bent card popping up by itself.
I have a longer version but 4 times is enough for any spectator.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10616 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I always use
1. My top gun control and color change

2. My wrist change

3. My push out change

4. The Bruce Elliot Snap change as he taught it to me

5. In addition to some of the moves you mentioned
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Breather
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Breather
Vinny,

Any chance you could email me your handling of your wrist change and demo.

Thanks, Dominic.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Start by forcing a card explaining that this next effect can be done with any card except the <name the force card>. When they hit it, you do a top change and let them try again, forcing it once more. (Using the classic force both times).

Then you use the tilt move and bring it to the top. Then cut the deck and ask for it to be replaced in the middle and do a turn over pass bringing it to the top once more. Show that the card is NOT there yet (doing a double), then show that it is now at the top.

Then have them shove the card into the middle of the deck and by using a riffle pass, show them how each time you riffle the cards, the card moves higher up in the deck. Do this twice and on the third time say "Don't take your eyes off of the deck or you <do the riffle pass> you might miss it again" and they see it visibly sitting on the top of the deck.

That is the basic routine with a regular deck but I also have another variation which is outlined in my book.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10616 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Quote:
On 2003-10-09 12:43, spadone wrote:
Vinny,

Any chance you could email me your handling of your wrist change and demo.

Thanks, Dominic.

Dominic send me your e mail
I will send demo of the wrist change.
Did you see the effect on the magicvideodepot.com? Let me know.
I can also send you my push through change which is a killer effect for lay people as well as, magicians.
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Top Change (card not signed yet)
or
Secret a face-up top card while card is being signed.

Underdog's phase #3 except usually with 1 not 2 cards (from post above)

[finish with 2 face-up phases]

Badder control (turnover addition control) after specky puts card face-up in the middle.

Finish with one-hand-top-palm/face-up tilt move combo
makes the card look like it just pops to the top face-up as I wave the deck slowly.
That move kills.
I don't know anyone else that does that particular move but if you can do the one-hand-top-palm (under test conditions) it's a killer!

I try to keep it somewhat short on purpose.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Undodog,

That phase is call the "tip over change" by Jack Merlin when you load the cards on top of the selection and put the top card in the deck.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

So it's not called the Underdog change, after all?
Sounds like a good name.

oh, well Smile
Josef K
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Josef K
I usually begin my AC after a Triumph and at the end of that I get the card second from the top. Begin AC by showing the signed card as the top card and put it in the middle, and it rises. Put it clearly in the middle (tilt) and it rises. Put it in the middle and let it stick out. Show that its not on top and in the process get the card second. Push it flush and it rises again. Put the double in the middle and show it there. Push it flush and in the process get it on top. Let the spectator lift the top card.

If I wish to have a strong ending I usually pretend that the effect is over, false shuffle and take it from there (palm it or fold it) and produce it somewhere. Often that means Tagged inside my coat...

Josef K
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
I just do an Ambitious Card after any card revelation. My Ambitious Card used to consist of over 7 phases but I decided that it was too long and thus I shortened it a lot.

I begin with a card selected, signed, and I just do a top/bottom change, place the indifferent card in, then double lift, use the double to turn over the second card, showing it to be nowhere near the top, and then replace. Double lift, showing the signed card. Replace double, then put in indifferent card, do any change with a double card again.

Then I tilt, getting it second to the top. shapeshifter change. I do a couple of kick cuts, keeping a break, classic force the signed card about 2 more times (got this from Gregory Wilson's Pyrotechnic Pasteboards). Then, I place the card face-up in the middle of teh deck, and then just keep on doing block pushovers to make it seem like the card is slowly rising to the top. Then, I either just do a riffle pass for an ending, or cotnrol it second to the top, then do that move that Ray Kosby uses in "jack in the Box", making it seem like the card almost pops to the top instantly just with a snap. (a bit angle sensitive but creates a very good illusion!)

I used to do another one with lots of phases, with an outjog spread pass followed by an erdnase color change at the bottom of the deck, ending with a 51 cards disappearance with the card appearing in the box instead. I scrapped that one.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
chiz
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
94 Posts

Profile of chiz
Hey, my first post!

So yeh, my ambitious card routine is as follows:

1. ask spec to name any card in deck, and use hofzinzer spread control to get it 3rd. Then show it as top card, and insert it into deck.

2. show it again at the top, and get the spec to insert the indifferent card into the deck. again show it as top card.

3. now get the spec to sign the card 'incase they think you have duplicates'.

4. Ellis loading.

5. Marlo tilt.

6.push top card forward and bury it in the deck by cutting the top half off, and then remove the remaining top portion and give it to the spec. (i'm sure this move has a name)

7. insert face up, riffle pass to second from top, and colour change.

8. once the card's been revealed, replace it, DL and show it's not on the top anymore, and also show the 3rd card. next reverse their order, therefore getting the AC to second from top. then do braue's pop-up move.

New user
New York - Long Island
46 Posts

Profile of ditti80
Does anyone use the version in Ammar ETMCM Vol2? I would like to learn a version of the Ambitous card and this is the only version I currently own. Any thoughts on this version?

Thanks.
SINDINI
View Profile
New user
South, CA
4 Posts

Profile of SINDINI
I am working on creating my own now, but for now, its Bill Malone's version all the way. People love it, and so do I.
BILL-MA-LONE! BILL-MA-LONE!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Ditti80,
I started with ETMCM and it sort of just morphed into my own as I kept doing it.

(I'm sure that's the way it is with most of us.)

Start with that one and see what happens. It's certainy a strong routine.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Ditti80- Yes I use the version from ETMCM 2. It's a great effect and I haven't changed it, except for patter. I think the most amazing part is when you do it real slow, you put the card in the middle of a pile, and put that pile into another pile, show its not on top, then bam, it's on top. Smile
DamienKeen
View Profile
New user
Southampton, England
69 Posts

Profile of DamienKeen
1) Tip Over change
2) Double in middle, leave sticking out, burry deeper, show not on top, push card in...on top
3) Another add on, can't name it but it goes into one half which is fanned, that fan is shuffled by spec, then into other half.
4) Card to wallet Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Triumph
Tilt
Top Change (if timing is right)
Pop up card to top
Card from Wallet
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
Triumph, hmm.. pete does this to? lolz I thought I was teh only one.

Triumph
tilt
paintbrush
popup card
the move that adds on more cards
double lift
card to forehead

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Aznviet6uy,

Some interesting stuff there. most people I know (such as myself) end with the pop up move Smile so now I guess it's okay to use it as a second or third ambitious move as long as you can find something else to end your ambitious routine (?) Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » More ambitious, less tiring... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL