The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Recent Christian Magician Show at a Local Crafts Fair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
The North Eastern Ohio Fellowship of Christian Magicians got a real blessing last week as we performed at a local crafts fair/car show and got paid to give Gospel messages and perform Gospel effects from a Stage trailer.

The weather was very cloudy and there was chill wind, and it was cold.

There were a fair number of people there, and although it wasn't "county fair" size, there were at least several hundred people at the event, and a few of them sat down to enjoy our performance.

It was great fun for all six of the performers, two doing a running puppet act and did a great job serving as MC,s and the four of us who did some magic, and our "roadie" whose Van transported most of the effects, and isn't quite ready to perform publicly yet, so he helped everyone and handled the video camera.

The puppets were on-stage the whole time (off to the side), but were miked up, and their faces appeared though backdrop with sew on character bodies with stick controlled hands and feet. The chracters, "Bubby and Sissy" did some great activities, songs, jokes, etc. to get the kids involved and to intro (and harrass a bit) the performers.

I had the priveledge of starting the show, and after explaining that what we do is tricks and illusions and that only God does Magic. I did a few silly things (spring skunk, zig zag card from stage!, stiff-rope) and Silk Cabinet vanish and reappearance across the stage, and then jumped down from the stage to do my Rings of Sin (3 rings) routine right out in the audience which is always fun (I love the look on people's faces when that ring just crashes onto the other ring right before their eyes) and part of my street magic act, and also did a quick card trick out in the audience.

Then, when I finished - the real talent came on, and show really began!

Johnny did a great kids act (there were about 10-12 kids down front anxious to see and hear, and Johnny gave them a great show). The kids loved him, his "easy and gentle" style of kids magic, and his very cute and furry rabbit!

Shadow followed Johnny and did some amazing effects, including his now famous "Card to the Concession Stand," his ten foot magic wand from bag, followed by 6 foot wand, followed by 4 foot wand, and so on, with a story about each! And he did Soft Soap, and lots of other great effects (too many to mention) and got great applause.

And Finally, Dan Magi (also know as "WhoDanni?" closed with a child's leviation, and many of his other wonderfully professional effects. Dan also got a great round of applause.

At the close, he (Dan is a full time youth Pastor) gave a great and unmistakeable invitation.

I don't know how many, or even if anyone came forward as the weather outside was cold and lots of folks were leaving at that point, and they were breaking down the event...so there was lots of confusion and activity at that point, but our job isn't to count the numbers, it is simply to plant the seeds.

And the amazing thing is that we got paid to do it. And it wasn't like doing a church show (which I don't do, because it is too much like preaching to the Choir) as there were lots of folks around who enjoyed the magic, and heard the messages, and were of undetermined faith. So that really made it fun.

And man was it cold! But Man were we Blessed!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Recent Christian Magician Show at a Local Crafts Fair (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL