The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Free database joke files for reviews (first 5 email) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
This is free for the first 5 emails in exchange for reviews. Here is the info.

I have compiled almost 500 jokes and one liners from over ten years of files. These are in a easy to use database that can be searched by topic or evan just a word or two. It uses the popular evernote program if you are familair with it. The nice thing about this is by using this program you can have your jokes on any device you own from desktop to lapto to smartphone. They are all always in sync with each other.

There are jokes about most any subject like doctor, lawyer, wife kids, you name it it is covered. These are mostly very short which makes them ideal for todays audience. There are puns, intros, heckler jokes, jokes for good trick you do and bad. This is a very complete list. What's more is the list keeps growing and once you purchase this (one time) you continue to get free updates.

Email me if you wish more details. My email is in the profile section here as the powers that be say not to list emails seperate here.

Ron
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
All are gone
ron
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
All the jokes are clean. There is no blue humor.
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Just went through these, There are some great jokes in these, Definately worth getting , if you are looking for lines and outs for your performance, then this is for you!

Like ron said, these are a huge collection and you could find jokes and great lines on almost everything and every situation! If you are working ,i would definitely recommend getting this!
the best thing about this is, that you can search up almost any topic and you could get great lines and jokes on that topic.
You will definitely use many of these! Smile

We get enough magic in the market, but the presentation,and the humour is what takes it to the next level!
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Thanks Tarun. Did I mention updtaes of added jokes are free and automatic as they are added.

OK one person could not figure out the download database so I have one opening if anyone else would like a free trial. Others had no problems. Fisrt email get the free jokes.

Ron
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I just emailed you.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I just read through the entire file (currently just shy of 300 entries). This is a terrific collection of material that had me literally laughing out loud. There are, of course, a couple of groaners mixed in, but even those had me smiling and chuckling. The idea of housing this collection on a share site makes it instantly updateable, which is part of the promise of the file. Regular updates (perhaps a “joke of the day,” or so) would continue to add value to the collection. My only criticism here (and this is truly minor) is that some of the entries would benefit from a spell check, or even a simple proof reading. The entries are not editable, but you can copy and paste them into an editable format outside of the original notebook.

Pros:
Very funny, useable material, organized for ease of searching by subject/category. I found PLENTY of material that I will surely use.

Cons:
Typos and spelling, as noted above. Users must download the Evernote application, but it is really quite useful, and available on multiple platforms (desktop and mobile), so this is not necessarily a negative, just an FYI.

Granted, I did not pay for this since I received a “review” copy, but I clearly found value in it, and I would certainly be willing to pay for this, especially given that there will be new material added from time to time.

Very funny stuff!
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
There are now over 500 and counting. I will try to improve the spelling. Tight now I am trying to get as many as I can entered .

Ron
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Where can I get one?
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Quote:
On 2012-06-08 18:26, mrmagic0 wrote:
There are now over 500 and counting. I will try to improve the spelling. Tight now I am trying to get as many as I can entered .

Ron
think you meant "Right Now"

:)
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I'm still going through mine, but love it. I've always been a fan of short, one liners from watching the comics on Ed Sullivan. This is something I will refer to and use.

Ron, THANK YOU for making this tool available to us!
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
To be clear these are not original jokes but ones I have collected over time. Yes, one could use Google to find jokes but that takes a lot of time culling out the jokes. These are already to be sorted for you either by subject or open a single word or phrase.

I have decided the price may be a little steep even though I will be working on this daily with updates and new material all of which one gets free when signing up. The final price will be $14.95.

Ron
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Quote:
On 2012-06-09 06:55, mrmagic0 wrote:
To be clear these are not original jokes but ones I have collected over time. Yes, one could use Google to find jokes but that takes a lot of time culling out the jokes.

I'm rather concerned about the concept of non-original jokes that have been 'collected'. To me, that sounds very much like a euphemism for 'stolen'.

Pretty much all the good lines/jokes that you would find on the Internet belong to professional comedians and have been published without the owner's permission. The fact that you might not know who the jokes were stolen from doesn't change the fact that they were stolen.

Would it be okay for me to sell a file of magic tricks that I didn't invent but had 'collected' from the internet without knowing who created them?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I have today installed Evernote on my PC and have since enjoyed reading through some 290+/- one liners of every conceivable genre.

As has been noted , this is a file of collected humour and not a stack of original works.
I have no problem with that.

They are funny. That's kind of what you'd expect.
They are useful.This is a big point. Funny lines you can't use are a waste of time to performers.
They are searchable. (I had some minor problems but that was my unfamiliarity with Evernote, not a fault of Ron's)
They will be continually upgraded from what I understand.
I'm not sure whether purchasers will be able to contribute to the collection or not. That's pushing the limits of my technologicalness (made up word

I could imagine if you were some edgy young rock-n-roll magician you may find some of the stuff not congruent with your image. But what if you only got one or two useful pieces from the collection?
How much is a good laugh worth at the correct point in a show?
I'd wager a lot more than the asking price of this whole collection.

If you use humour in your show..You do don't you?....then check this out.
go on...give your chuckle muscle a workout

Recommended!!

Steve
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Quote:
On 2012-06-09 09:43, steveline wrote:
As has been noted , this is a file of collected humour and not a stack of original works.
I have no problem with that..
They are useful.This is a big point. Funny lines you can't use are a waste of time to performers.

Seriously? It doesn't bother you to use material that has been stolen from another performer and that you don't have the creator's permission to use?
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Many if not all the jokes are so old they are new. As far as I can tell they are public domain. That said if I do find one that is original to a certain performer I will remove it. Most all listed are ones I have heard over the years often td to me by friends and I have collected. Where the original source came from is often unknown.

Ron
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
@caliban

I respect your point of view but this is a not a case that warrants concern.
As has been pointed out these are so old that they are written in hieroglyphs

This is a good resource to get the thought processes going enabling one to develop the content into new and original forms

Steve
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Always good to use a few jokes and one liners in an act. A show that is all serious business will bore the audience in no time.

JMO

Decomp Speaking About Comedy Smile
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
The database has jokes for many situations like when a trick fails, when it works, good audiences, bad audiences, hecklers, introductions, MC and so much more.

Ron
F.U.D.T.S.P
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of F.U.D.T.S.P
You "collated" them? Presumably from comics making their living from these jokes? What right have you got to resell others work as your own. It's hard enough to write a joke without the constant threat that somebody will pinch it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Free database joke files for reviews (first 5 email) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL