We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A TOUGH QUESTION TO ANSWER.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..14..25..36..47..55~56~57~58~59..64~65~66 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 02:04, Old Scratch Johnson wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 01:57, LobowolfXXX wrote:
S2000 is a mathematician. When he talks about a "power," he's talking about an exponent.

I always sucked at math. I'm still trying to remember why I got a degree in physics.

Because all of the liberal arts majors were turning into barristas...
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 02:07, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 02:04, Old Scratch Johnson wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 01:57, LobowolfXXX wrote:
S2000 is a mathematician. When he talks about a "power," he's talking about an exponent.

I always sucked at math. I'm still trying to remember why I got a degree in physics.

Because all of the liberal arts majors were turning into barristas...

No. I think it's because I like making my life hard. I'm funny that way. Smile
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 01:54, Old Scratch Johnson wrote:
Let's be real. When someone talks about a "power", they are talking about an invisble being in the sky.

If you want to put words into Bob's mouth, I suppose that that's between you and Bob.

Personally, I believe that when someone talks about a power (with or without quotes), they're talking about a power: the conversion of one form of energy to another. (Except for Tommy, of course, who may mean a force when he says a power.)
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 02:17, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
Let's be real. When someone talks about a "power", they are talking about an invisble being in the sky.

If you want to put words into Bob's mouth, I suppose that that's between you and Bob.

Personally, I believe that when someone talks about a power (with or without quotes), they're talking about a power: the conversion of one form of energy to another. (Except for Tommy, of course, who may mean a force when he says a power.)

I respect Bob. He was responible for getting me into magic. We may differ on religion, but there's more to life.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 02:25, Old Scratch Johnson wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I respect Bob. He was responible for getting me into magic. We may differ on religion, but there's more to life.

No queston: Bob's one of the good ones.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 02:35, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 02:25, Old Scratch Johnson wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

No queston: Bob's one of the good ones.

Yes, he is Smile
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 01:41, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 01:25, kambiz wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 01:21, LobowolfXXX wrote:
The rest of y'all, do what you want.

Just that statement there Lobo, proves to me that we will have to agree to disagree Smile

Kam

On a number of small-scale matters, I'm sure we have areas of agreement, but it was certainly apparent to me long ago that we were agreeing to disagree on the big scale. As pointed out by Bob and myself some time ago, the global government you expect and welcome would come at the expense of national sovereignty, and I would always opt for sovereignty, given that choice.

That's all good with me Lobo, but it sadddens me that the full extent of this prophetic reality was not willingly explored by yourself and Bob. Yes, some nations would have to slightly compromise their national sovereignty, for the greater good, but to what extent is explored fully in the Writings of Shoghi Effendi Smile

No hard feelings either way mate Smile

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
A God, a Goddess or a By-Sexual entity, which do we prefer?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 01:45, Old Scratch Johnson wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 00:37, mastermindreader wrote:
Kam-

All of the Catholic positions I have given to you come directly from the Catechism and the history of the Church. They are not my positions, they are the Church's.

Observing that Catholics do not advocate for a literal interpretation of the entire Bible is NOT taking a position. Nor is my observation that the Church did not recommend individual reading of the Bible back in the 19th Century.

I know you weren't disrespecting me at all, Kam. You are just misinterpreting what I've said as my "taking a position." I didn't.

I'm a Deist remember? All I know for sure is that a Power far greater than I created the universe and everything in it.

Bob, how do you know that for sure? Isn't it possible that things just happened and there was no magical person in the sky that made it all happpen?

Note that I carefully avoided use of any word that could imply a "magical person." I used the word "Power." And whatever it was/is, it's certainly bigger than I am and beyond my limited understanding.

I don't understand what you meant about us "agreeing to disagree" on religion. My "religion" is basically "Something happened to create the Universe. It's bigger than me and its existence speaks for itself. I don't know what it is, but I always hope for the best." Seriously, I imagine that even atheists would have a hard time arguing with that!

Beyond that, though, what's unreal about a "magical person?" I know lots of them!

:eek:
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Well the debate is over, the question answered. They've found god(s) and, (drum roll please) it's a particle Smile

http://www.transcript-article2138.tk/
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
Yes, some nations would have to slightly compromise their national sovereignty, for the greater good...

"Don't worry, Nation- You're only giving up a little freedom."

Has anybody else seen "Hot Fuzz?"

"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Heh. I posted a Hot Fuzz link a couple of weeks ago in response to the same idea.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Yes critter that's funny....

Nations will "volunteer" this slight compromise, as will the inhabitants of those nations......

When you voluntarily forgo something, it means you want to do it....

Look up volunteering in the dictionary, it's on the opposite part to "twisting your arm"

Thanks for demonstrating your ability to understand concepts Smile

I'm actually in the middle of reading a 55 page thread on the Bahai Faith in the Catholic forum. I've realized respect comes not from some magicians. Honestly, the respect and willingness to explore things from the readership in this Catholic forum is a beauty to behold. I think we all have a lot to learn in our intentions and the way we converse in this forum. (myself included) The Catholics are showing the magicians up.

I'll post a link once I'm done because the level of exploration is to a good depth, very well received and understood by Catholics and Muslims alike, so it may answer several questions for those that have any interest in clearing up their misunderstandings Smile
Kam
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Yes. but your use of the term "will have to" doesn't imply voluntariness-osity-tude.
"Thanks for demonstrating your ability to understand concepts."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 11:59, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Heh. I posted a Hot Fuzz link a couple of weeks ago in response to the same idea.

Aw, I missed it Smile
~Will Rogers
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 12:15, critter wrote:
Yes. but your use of the term "will have to" doesn't imply voluntariness-osity-tude.
"Thanks for demonstrating your ability to understand concepts."

Lol, but when you "voluntarily" sign a document saying that you will have to obey the decisions made by a world government, you have still "volunteered" yourself to not understand concepts Smile

Kam
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Right, your self-contradictory language is due to some deficiency in me.
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-07-02 12:08, kambiz wrote:
so it may answer several questions for those that have any interest in clearing up their misunderstandings

Kam-

Do you realize just how patronizing that sounds?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Bob,
This article may clear up some of your misunderstandings Smile:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/bigquestions/enemies.html

Warning: It's pretty long.
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Addition and clarification to my last post-

Kam-

It seems that you are assuming that anyone who disagrees with you simply doesn't understand what you are saying. Have you considered that someone who fully understands your positions might disagree with you nonetheless?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A TOUGH QUESTION TO ANSWER.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..14..25..36..47..55~56~57~58~59..64~65~66 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL