The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A TOUGH QUESTION TO ANSWER.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..15..27..39..51..59~60~61~62~63~64~65~66 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Critter-

The Amazing! Don't forget that part!

At least Criswell told you what was going to happen so that you knew what he meant BEFORE the fact. It seems that most Biblical prophecies don't make any sense until AFTER the event has occurred and someone explains how that specific event tied into a prophecy that was so cleverly disguised that its original meaning couldn't be determined without such post prophecy analysis.

Let's test the "pinpoint" accuracy theory. When (exactly - with pinpoint accuracy) will the Anti Christ appear? What is his name and what will be his birthday? (Keep in mind that past prophecy analysts have said that the Bible was SPECIFICALLY referring to the Pope, to Hitler, to Franklin Roosevelt and dozens of other historical figures. They were all, obviously,
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Being in Ed Wood's band of misfits makes everyone automatically cool.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
No there really is NO denying it this time. Those are facts.

Good magic to all,

Eric
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I left the word "wrong" off my last post. Don't know how that happened.

Nice to hear that there's no denying it THIS time, Eric. Not like the last times, then.

So what are the specific "pinpointed" details of the prophecies? Names, dates, places, etc.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 23:26, The great Gumbini wrote:
Here is a thought to ponder. Believe in the Scriptures or not there is NO denying what I'm about to say. As a world we are pulling away from God's Word. That is a fact. A fact also that the Bible said would happen as the end times are approaching. Another fact Israel is for the first time in a long time actually surrounded now by enemies---there are officially no agreements any longer between any countries and Israel that are binding. The Bible says this too will happen. This too regardless if you believe God's Word or not is a fact.

Now someone tell me something? How do you get a whole world to start pulling away in a short period of time and also have the power issues in the Middle East start up in a short period of time? Remember Christians do not want either of these things to happen (yet we are glad to see it because we know Jesus will return soon) and we do not cause these things to happen. Non Christians who do not believe in the Bible are in fact the ones that are fulfilling what is written. You see there in lies the answer to why is the Bible so special?. Pin point accuracy. We know the players, we know the countries and we know the out come. I challenge any of you to find writings with that much pin point accuracy. Oh hear O Israel the Lord thy God is God.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Hi Eric,

When all this happens, and I don't deny the reality that it will, probably within the next 15 years or so, I will happily come to shake you by the hand and present to you the Ark of Salvation Smile

I was drafting a long winded response to your post about true and false prophets, but I've scrapped it because its pointless.

I'd like to think that I'm done with NVMS guys, it was nice to chat once in a while, make some friends, I've apologized to critter I don't know how many times, yet I still seem to offend him, but AGAIN, I'm genuinely sorry mate, my intention is not to offend or mock people, I've obviously offended or mocked you somewhere, but as I have said, I have many many shortcomings, and for that I apologize to you personally.

Its been a pleasure fellas and ladies Smile

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 12:55, critter wrote:
Bob,
This article may clear up some of your misunderstandings Smile:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/bigquestions/enemies.html

Warning: It's pretty long.

p.s this article has significant inaccuracies within it and is a total misrepresentation of the Baha'i Faith, but you guys go ahead and take the opinion of the one article written by someone who may have "misunderstood" the message of Baha'u'llah....but hey the other 10 million adherents are wrong....

Also, the uploading of this article is not the reason I'm restraining my activity here, its trully because I sense that I'm hurting others with my opinions, and after prayer and reflection I have decided my opinions are less valuable than my harm to others Smile

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Kam,

If it were 15 years off I would not be posting about it now. Things are now at a pace where it seems something every day is happening over there that could cause a real difficult situation. The latest being the oil boycott which began 7/1/12. You don't need a long draft about prophets would you not agree IF a true prophet said something that it should come to pass? Of course. And the Bible says that. Kam all we need to do is keep our eyes on what is going on especially with Israel. Israel has never been in the situation it's in now since it became a State. Are you familiar with the cyber attack on the computers in Iran? It was discussed on 60 Minutes last night. This disrupted a lot of plans but the inevitable will happen. And for the first time a lot of people are asking if the United States will even assist Israel. I think if you look at a time table of WITHIN 15 months you would be closer. But watch the news very closely and like the Bible says Pray for peace for Israel.

BTW what is NVMS guys?

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

One more thing Kam. You are NOT hurting anyone. We all have our own thoughts. I have a secret to share. I don't plan on converting anyone to my way of believing. I simply share what I know and when the time comes (and it will) and things get crazy at least people will know where to look. I think it takes certain things to happen for people to take notice. So Kam all you can do is share what you believe and at the same time keep an open mind and see what you glean from this as well. I listen to the opinions of everyone on here (yes I may say to myself oh that poor misguided soul---only teasing guys) because right or wrong I learn something about that person. Do I agree? Not always. But as I have said a lot I absolutely cherish all of you and consider all of you my friends. I know we can be in the most headed discussion about religion and as soon as someone has a question on a "double lift" or "peek" we all band together and help one another. It's what we do and it's what we will continue to do.

Good magic to all,

Eric
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
The article has a long list of references (68 of them) if anybody else feels like fact-checking it.
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
...and as soon as someone has a question on a "double lift" or "peek" we all band together and help one another...

Actually, I think the "Workers" section is a lot more heated than NVMS. Have you seen some of the battles in there? Smile
~Will Rogers
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

I actually agree with you on that one my friend.

Good magic to all,

Eric
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 20:33, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 20:20, Old Scratch Johnson wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 19:36, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 19:17, Old Scratch Johnson wrote:
Proof of some supernarural being that created everything. Supernatural claims require proof.

Of course they don't. No more than atheist's unproven claim "There is no God."

You are mistaken. We as atheists make no claims at all. All the claims are up to those who choose to hold supernatural beliefs.

Our job is easy. We don't have to believe anything and we have our Sunday's free.

Didn't we go through this about 20 pages ago?

athe·ist \ˈâ-thç-ist\ n: one who believes that there is no deity.

Atheists do, in fact, make a claim: there is no God. And they cannot prove that claim.

If you believe nothing (with respect to the existence of God), you might be an agnostic, but you're not an atheist.

Hi Bill!

I always understood that agnosticism refers to knowledge, not belief (whereas atheism refers to "belief"). An agnostic says, "I don't know", and an atheist says, "I don't believe."

From Wikipedia:
"Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist."

And from Dictionary.com:

a·the·ist   /ˈeɪθiɪst/ Show Spelled[ey-thee-ist] Show IPA
noun
"a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings."

From The Urban Dictionary:

Atheist 3992 up, 776 down
There are two in-use definitions of the word 'atheist':

1.) A person who lacks belief in a god or gods. People who use this definition categorize atheists as either negative (or implicit or weak) atheists or positive (or explicit or strong) atheists. Negative atheists, while they don't believe in a god, do not positively assert that no gods exist. Positive atheists, however, do.

2.) A person who believes that no god or gods exist.

Those who consider themselves atheists (who are usually positive atheists) tend to define 'atheist' using the former definition, and those who believe in a god or gods tend to define 'atheist' using the latter. In both cases, this seems to be a demagogic practice intended to classify either as many or as few people as atheists as possible. Negative atheists are usually referred to as agnostics.

I always considered atheism to simply be a lack of belief in gods. And by the above definitions, that would certainly be a valid description.

Again, making the positive claim, "There is NO God" (strong atheism) is certainly not the same as saying, "I don't believe any gods exist" (weak atheism, if you will). The latter does not make any claims.

Ron
:)
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
Which is meaningless without defining what a god is.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-03 02:17, critter wrote:
Quote:
...and as soon as someone has a question on a "double lift" or "peek" we all band together and help one another...

Actually, I think the "Workers" section is a lot more heated than NVMS. Have you seen some of the battles in there? Smile

I forgot this was a magic forum. Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 20:37, mastermindreader wrote:
Yes, I've argued repeatedly that there are very few true atheists. Most are strong agnostics who don't know the difference, or just like to call themselves atheists because they think agnostic sounds wishy washy or they just like ****ing off religious folk.

I define those who claim to have NO belief one way or the other as being agnostics.

:eek:

And Istill take issue with your definition. An atheist is someone wo doesn't believe in the existence of god(s). The ability to prove their claim has no bearing on the matter. They just don't believe that such an entity exists as they've not been provided with sufficent evidence to support the claim.

Just as a theist or diest believes there is a god even though they too have zero evidence to prove it's rather unlikely existence.

By your definition we'd all be agnostice as the whole matter of whether god(s)P exist is unknowable. At least until tommorrow when that all important paper is released from CERN. Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-03 07:55, Payne wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I've argued repeatedly that there are very few true atheists. Most are strong agnostics who don't know the difference, or just like to call themselves atheists because they think agnostic sounds wishy washy or they just like ****ing off religious folk.

I define those who claim to have NO belief one way or the other as being agnostics.

And Istill take issue with your definition. An atheist is someone wo doesn't believe in the existence of god(s). The ability to prove their claim has no bearing on the matter. They just don't believe that such an entity exists as they've not been provided with sufficent evidence to support the claim.

Just as a theist or diest believes there is a god even though they too have zero evidence to prove it's rather unlikely existence.

By your definition we'd all be agnostice as the whole matter of whether god(s)P exist is unknowable. At least until tommorrow when that all important paper is released from CERN. Smile

Actually, by definition, we are all atheists. We all don't have a belief in some god. If you don't believe in Thor, you are an atheist.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-03 07:55, Payne wrote:
Quote:

Actually, by definition, we are all atheists. We all don't have a belief in some god. If you don't believe in Thor, you are an atheist.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I have seen Thor. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-03 10:56, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
I have seen Thor. Smile

I read the comic books Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I saw him in the Incredible Hulk Returns. 1988. Eric Allan Kramer.
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A TOUGH QUESTION TO ANSWER.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..15..27..39..51..59~60~61~62~63~64~65~66 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL