The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A TOUGH QUESTION TO ANSWER.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36..42..47..52..57..62..64~65~66 [Next]
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-06-21 02:10, The great Gumbini wrote:

Jesus is and was the literal Son of God. He called God Abba. And God called Him Son. This is plain and clear. Also what is clear is other religions do not believe this is the case. God the Father took OF Himself and gave His Son to us. The word "of" is crucial here. Today with DNA this is a NO BRAINER. God the Father and His Son have THE SAME EXACT DNA as it were. This is why to reject Jesus is to reject the ONLY ONE TRUE GOD. Oh hear O Israel the Lord thy God is ONE. The reason the Bible comes under attack is simple it speaks the TRUTH and people like to say The truth hurts. Jesus was clear No man comes to the Father but through the Son. There are thousands of beliefs and religions and then there is the ONE WAY to the Father. The message is clear and simple---the decision however is yours to make. The Bible sets forth God who wants to have a relationship with His people and He will save them. Other religions put the WORKS on the people to try to save themselves. The Bible says apart from Jesus there is no Salvation. This is what the Bible says and This is what the Bible means. This message has not and will not change. If you are sure your religion is right and will get you to heaven---then you one day will stand before God and give your reasons as to why you believe the way you did. But if you want full assurance that you are saved then The Bible is the only writing I know that lays out the plan of Salvation so very clear. This Salvation is available for ALL. In Jesus Salvation is 100 percent guaranteed. Do you have the same assurance with your belief's? Do you KNOW that if today was your last that you would be with God? Is there any other book where a promised Savior was promised and then years later came? Set aside what you believe happened just look at the writings. Is it true the Bible promised a Savior? Yes. Is it true the Bible says that Savior came? Yes. Now the question is a simple one---do you believe in what the Bible says?



This assumes that A: there is a god(s) and B: That they are the ones put forth in the christian Bible.

Since there is no compelling evidence for these or any other god(s) we can safely reject A and thus ignore B

Quote:

All other writings may speak some wonderful things---but do they offer the Savior? They may speak of good ways to live and what you can do to please God---but do they offer the Savior?



Do they have to? Is there some sort of rule that for a religion to be valid it has to have a saviour?

Quote:

What makes the Bible such a threat?



the Bible isn't a threat. It's those that are threatening us with it that we are wary of.

Quote:

It offers the truth.



Perhaps. well at least one group of peoples interpritation of it.

Quote:
It offers Jesus to ANY AND ALL who will believe. It offers the ONLY way to the Father. Like it or not that is what the Bible offers. You have religion or you have Jesus---which do you want now? And which do you want when you stand before the Living God? That's the Bible---when all is said and done that is what the Bible is all about!



A nice offer I suppose. If one is into that sort of thing. I'm not so I think I'll pass. thanks for the offer though.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
It's STILL a buncha' B******t! Smile
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
So what day of the week was Last Supper on, how many angels were at Jesus' tomb, how many women came to the tomb, where did they go directly after, and to whom, if anyone, did they tell what they had witnessed?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-06-21 17:17, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-21 02:10, The great Gumbini wrote:

Jesus is and was the literal Son of God. He called God Abba. And God called Him Son. This is plain and clear. Also what is clear is other religions do not believe this is the case. God the Father took OF Himself and gave His Son to us. The word "of" is crucial here. Today with DNA this is a NO BRAINER. God the Father and His Son have THE SAME EXACT DNA as it were. This is why to reject Jesus is to reject the ONLY ONE TRUE GOD. Oh hear O Israel the Lord thy God is ONE. The reason the Bible comes under attack is simple it speaks the TRUTH and people like to say The truth hurts. Jesus was clear No man comes to the Father but through the Son. There are thousands of beliefs and religions and then there is the ONE WAY to the Father. The message is clear and simple---the decision however is yours to make. The Bible sets forth God who wants to have a relationship with His people and He will save them. Other religions put the WORKS on the people to try to save themselves. The Bible says apart from Jesus there is no Salvation. This is what the Bible says and This is what the Bible means. This message has not and will not change. If you are sure your religion is right and will get you to heaven---then you one day will stand before God and give your reasons as to why you believe the way you did. But if you want full assurance that you are saved then The Bible is the only writing I know that lays out the plan of Salvation so very clear. This Salvation is available for ALL. In Jesus Salvation is 100 percent guaranteed. Do you have the same assurance with your belief's? Do you KNOW that if today was your last that you would be with God? Is there any other book where a promised Savior was promised and then years later came? Set aside what you believe happened just look at the writings. Is it true the Bible promised a Savior? Yes. Is it true the Bible says that Savior came? Yes. Now the question is a simple one---do you believe in what the Bible says?



This assumes that A: there is a god(s) and B: That they are the ones put forth in the christian Bible.

Since there is no compelling evidence for these or any other god(s) we can safely reject A and thus ignore B

Quote:

All other writings may speak some wonderful things---but do they offer the Savior? They may speak of good ways to live and what you can do to please God---but do they offer the Savior?



Do they have to? Is there some sort of rule that for a religion to be valid it has to have a saviour?

Quote:

What makes the Bible such a threat?



the Bible isn't a threat. It's those that are threatening us with it that we are wary of.

Quote:

It offers the truth.



Perhaps. well at least one group of peoples interpritation of it.

Quote:
It offers Jesus to ANY AND ALL who will believe. It offers the ONLY way to the Father. Like it or not that is what the Bible offers. You have religion or you have Jesus---which do you want now? And which do you want when you stand before the Living God? That's the Bible---when all is said and done that is what the Bible is all about!



A nice offer I suppose. If one is into that sort of thing. I'm not so I think I'll pass. thanks for the offer though.


BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-06-21 17:32, Steve_Mollett wrote:
It's STILL a buncha' B******t! Smile


BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-06-21 17:53, mastermindreader wrote:
So what day of the week was Last Supper on, how many angels were at Jesus' tomb, how many women came to the tomb, where did they go directly after, and to whom, if anyone, did they tell what they had witnessed?


BELIEVE WHT YOU WANT.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
WOW THIS IS SO MUCH EASIER AND RELAXING. MY BLOOD PRESSURE WENT DOWN 20 POINTS.


BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2785 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Acesover, the problem is, and I think you will agree,

Those that haven't 'experienced' God have no idea what they're talking about. It's all just guess work.
Sure it's good to know some of the bible trivial, but to understand God you have to know God.
Some things you just can't learn in school.

Go home, they have His number. lol


Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-06-21 19:41, TomBoleware wrote:
Acesover, the problem is, and I think you will agree,

Those that haven't 'experienced' God have no idea what they're talking about. It's all just guess work.
Sure it's good to know some of the bible trivial, but to understand God you have to know God.
Some things you just can't learn in school.

Go home, they have His number. lol


Tom


Conversely those that have known god(s) and then through careful study and evaluation have decided for themselves that its existence was all in their heads have often time felt a tremendous sense of relief. They experience a level of freedom and joy they never received while under the oppressive presence of an supposedly (yet completely imaginary) all seeing bring.

It's a two way street. I will never experience "gos(s)". I simply don't have the receptors I guess. You however will never be able to experience the absolute freedom that a life without god(s) in it offers.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
I agree absoutely.

What bothers me the most are the individuals that believe they are so witty and sophisticated, as if not believing in God is the in thing. They make sarcastic remarks rather than meaningful discussion. They would rather make light of ones beliefs. Again I believe they feel it shows their sophistication. But what it shows is their total lack of respect for their their fellow human beings feelings, to say nothing of his or her beliefs. To try and discuss with one of these individuals is like trying to explain chemistry to a squirel. The difference being the squirel is a little more intelligent. Smile By that I mean at least the squirel looks to the future and stores food and just does not live for today.

I certainly don't mind individuals having different beliefs than myself ( believe what you want...I feel bad for them) what upsets me is them telling me how wrong I am in their smug sarcastic tone. I have never tried to convert anyone. If asked I will answer. But I will not preach and tell them what will happen to their immortal soul. What would be the point? They do not believe they have a soul to lose.

If they only stepped back and saw themselves as to how they come across in their responses I believe they would realize how rude and ignorant their comments are. I don't know what came first with these individuals their lack of morals, or their lack of respect for others, or their lack of belief in God. I guess all of these things are sort of tied into one. I cannot fathom being so empty and so self centered.

While I do get upset with them I truly feel sorry for them. It is sad that they do not realize how empty their life is without God and they are nothing but a shell. That is not what God wanted for them. He gave them the greatest gift of all, free will and the chance to be with Him for all eternity which of course they will scoff at and continualy say there is no proof, besides why didn't He make us all know and understand Him? That is where they just do not get it. They are truly unaware of God's love for them. As I said He gave them free will and they made terrible decisions and shut their eyes to the truth.

Just a little bit of how I feel.

I would like to end by saying. BELIVE WHAT YOU WANT
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-06-21 19:41, TomBoleware wrote:
Acesover, the problem is, and I think you will agree,

Those that haven't 'experienced' God have no idea what they're talking about. It's all just guess work.
Sure it's good to know some of the bible trivial, but to understand God you have to know God.
Some things you just can't learn in school.

Go home, they have His number. lol


Tom


I agree absoutely.

What bothers me the most are the individuals that believe they are so witty and sophisticated, as if not believing in God is the in thing. They make sarcastic remarks rather than meaningful discussion. They would rather make light of ones beliefs. Again I believe they feel it shows their sophistication. But what it shows is their total lack of respect for their their fellow human beings feelings, to say nothing of his or her beliefs. To try and discuss with one of these individuals is like trying to explain chemistry to a squirel. The difference being the squirel is a little more intelligent. By that I mean at least the squirel looks to the future and stores food and just does not live for today.

I certainly don't mind individuals having different beliefs than myself ( believe what you want...I feel bad for them) what upsets me is them telling me how wrong I am in their smug sarcastic tone. I have never tried to convert anyone. If asked I will answer. But I will not preach and tell them what will happen to their immortal soul. What would be the point? They do not believe they have a soul to lose.

If they only stepped back and saw themselves as to how they come across in their responses I believe they would realize how rude and ignorant their comments are. I don't know what came first with these individuals their lack of morals, or their lack of respect for others, or their lack of belief in God. I guess all of these things are sort of tied into one. I cannot fathom being so empty and so self centered.

While I do get upset with them I truly feel sorry for them. It is sad that they do not realize how empty their life is without God and they are nothing but a shell. That is not what God wanted for them. He gave them the greatest gift of all, free will and the chance to be with Him for all eternity which of course they will scoff at and continualy say there is no proof, besides why didn't He make us all know and understand Him? That is where they just do not get it. They are truly unaware of God's love for them. As I said He gave them free will and they made terrible decisions and shut their eyes to the truth.

Just a little bit of how I feel.

I would like to end by saying. BELIVE WHAT YOU WANT
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
[quote]On 2012-06-21 20:43, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-21 19:41, TomBoleware wrote:
Acesover, the problem is, and I think you will agree,

Those that haven't 'experienced' God have no idea what they're talking about. It's all just guess work.
Sure it's good to know some of the bible trivial, but to understand God you have to know God.
Some things you just can't learn in school.

Go home, they have His number. lol


Tom


Conversely those that have known god(s) and then through careful study and evaluation have decided for themselves that its existence was all in their heads have often time felt a tremendous sense of relief. They experience a level of freedom and joy they never received while under the oppressive presence of an supposedly (yet completely imaginary) all seeing bring.

It's a two way street. I will never experience "gos(s)". I simply don't have the receptors I guess. You however will never be able to experience the absolute freedom that a life without god(s) in it offers.
[/quote

While it is not up for vote, and while being in the majority does not count for anything. Your thoughts and ideas are in the minority. But of course you knew that. Perhaps you guys just know more know than most everyone else.

BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-06-21 17:17, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-21 02:10, The great Gumbini wrote:

Jesus is and was the literal Son of God. He called God Abba. And God called Him Son. This is plain and clear. Also what is clear is other religions do not believe this is the case. God the Father took OF Himself and gave His Son to us. The word "of" is crucial here. Today with DNA this is a NO BRAINER. God the Father and His Son have THE SAME EXACT DNA as it were. This is why to reject Jesus is to reject the ONLY ONE TRUE GOD. Oh hear O Israel the Lord thy God is ONE. The reason the Bible comes under attack is simple it speaks the TRUTH and people like to say The truth hurts. Jesus was clear No man comes to the Father but through the Son. There are thousands of beliefs and religions and then there is the ONE WAY to the Father. The message is clear and simple---the decision however is yours to make. The Bible sets forth God who wants to have a relationship with His people and He will save them. Other religions put the WORKS on the people to try to save themselves. The Bible says apart from Jesus there is no Salvation. This is what the Bible says and This is what the Bible means. This message has not and will not change. If you are sure your religion is right and will get you to heaven---then you one day will stand before God and give your reasons as to why you believe the way you did. But if you want full assurance that you are saved then The Bible is the only writing I know that lays out the plan of Salvation so very clear. This Salvation is available for ALL. In Jesus Salvation is 100 percent guaranteed. Do you have the same assurance with your belief's? Do you KNOW that if today was your last that you would be with God? Is there any other book where a promised Savior was promised and then years later came? Set aside what you believe happened just look at the writings. Is it true the Bible promised a Savior? Yes. Is it true the Bible says that Savior came? Yes. Now the question is a simple one---do you believe in what the Bible says?



This assumes that A: there is a god(s) and B: That they are the ones put forth in the christian Bible.

Since there is no compelling evidence for these or any other god(s) we can safely reject A and thus ignore B

Quote:

All other writings may speak some wonderful things---but do they offer the Savior? They may speak of good ways to live and what you can do to please God---but do they offer the Savior?



Do they have to? Is there some sort of rule that for a religion to be valid it has to have a saviour?

Quote:

What makes the Bible such a threat?



the Bible isn't a threat. It's those that are threatening us with it that we are wary of.

Quote:

It offers the truth.



Perhaps. well at least one group of peoples interpritation of it.

Quote:
It offers Jesus to ANY AND ALL who will believe. It offers the ONLY way to the Father. Like it or not that is what the Bible offers. You have religion or you have Jesus---which do you want now? And which do you want when you stand before the Living God? That's the Bible---when all is said and done that is what the Bible is all about!



A nice offer I suppose. If one is into that sort of thing. I'm not so I think I'll pass. thanks for the offer though.



Ha, ha. This assumes that you are right, which you are not so back to your A and B.

Makes as much sense as your post.

BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2785 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Payne,

Where do you get this, "god(s)'" from. There is only One God for me.
I understand some do worship God in a different way, but I can't speak for them.

Kind of like you talking out of both sides of your mouth when you say, god's. Smile

You don't 'know' God and then turn around and say, oh there is no God. That doesn't even make sense.
You either believe there is a God or you don't. You don't 'know' for sure and then all of a sudden not know.


When the student is ready.....

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2785 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Acesover,

I'll leave you with my personal thoughts on the demanding non believers,

I used to wonder why some people say things a little louder and with more conviction, as if trying to convince themselves.
Well, they are. They have a belief....but they don’t have faith. They don’t believe it in their heart. They’re testing it,
just saying it out loud.....hoping somebody will believe them, but most importantly, hoping they will believe it them self.
When you hoping the evidence comes back and convinces you, you simply don’t have faith.

But that's just my opinion, and of course they are entitled to theirs.

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about where Muhammad talked AGAINST Jesus? I also listed a whole list of questions addressed to Eric, but any Christian's response would aid my understanding of the truth......I am a good student, I promise to listen!

I think Bob is still waiting for an answer to his question too....

Its easy picking on poor old Payne's beliefs, but we, the theologians of Arabia and Seattle want answers, O brethren of Christ! Smile

Do you have answers to our questions?

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2785 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
.
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Tom, the people asking the questions that I was referring to DO believe in God....

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2785 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Ok, Good.

Sorry bout that. Smile

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Oops I wrote too quickly for you lol

:)

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A TOUGH QUESTION TO ANSWER.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36..42..47..52..57..62..64~65~66 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL