The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » More Mind Magic by Michael Daniels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1426 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
My latest ebook "More Mind Magic" is being released by Lybrary in early July.

In the meantime, I have three free review copies ready to send out to the first three people with at least 50 posts who PM me with their email addresses and who are willing to write a short review on the Café.

Here is the description:

-----------------------
More Mind Magic is a collection of three mentalism effects that are suited to close-up and especially one-to-one performance.

The first effect, Predetermination, is a completely self-working effect in which the mentalist correctly predicts the outcome of a card-mixing procedure, even though the spectator freely chooses the procedural steps after the prediction is made.

In the second effect, Cyclops, the mentalist correctly identifies a sequence of five ESP cards which have been thoroughly mixed and tabled in a face-down pile by the spectator while the mentalist’s back is turned. The cards are not examined until all five cards have been named by the mentalist.

In the final effect, Fatal Prediction, the mentalist writes a sealed prediction. The spectator then rolls a set of normal dice. The total obtained determines which card in a full shuffled deck of 25 ESP cards is selected. The cards are shuffled again and the dice-rolling is repeated to select a second card. The two selected cards exactly match the mentalist’s prediction.

All three effects in More Mind Magic:
Are completely or almost self-working.
Are 100% successful.
Use no stooges, switches, equivoque, peeks, fishing, multiple outs or dual reality.
Require no complicated set-ups or difficult memory work.
------------------------------

Mike
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
I was lucky to get this for review!
Ok, this is a book produced by Michael, that features 3 Self working tricks!
Michael has done a good job on explaining, and giving notes and Credits at the end of each effect!

The first effect, Predetermination, is a completely self-working effect in which the mentalist correctly predicts the outcome of a card-mixing procedure, even though the spectator freely chooses the procedural steps after the prediction is made.
It is an effect that is suitable for a close up act, as said, it requires no prep, and can be done anywhere, anytime!
It involves a good principle, and Michael has explained this effect properly, It might not get a very strong reaction but it definitely leave them wondering , which, I think is very important for a spec to feel , as it creates more interest in them , towards your performance!

The second effect, involves the use of ESP cards, the effect involves a spectator mixing up , 5 ESP cards, as many times he wants, and the complete sequence of the top to bottom occuring ESP cards , can be named by the mentalist without, touching the Stack of the 5 cards!
Its again a very Nice effect with ESP cards .

The third effect, , is the best effect that Michael has to offer in this ebook, as Michael describes , In the final effect, Fatal Prediction, the mentalist writes a sealed prediction. The spectator then rolls a set of normal dice. The total obtained determines which card in a full shuffled deck of 25 ESP cards is selected. The cards are shuffled again and the dice-rolling is repeated to select a second card. The two selected cards exactly match the mentalist’s prediction.
It is an effect you can and would definitely use, the best part is that the prediction is sealed,and cannot be tampered with, and the effect is based on the dice roll which is completely random!
It definately will get great reactions and is a great trick , with an ESP Deck!

Overall, this book is Great for 10 $ , I would definaitely suggest buying this!
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1426 Posts

Thanks for the review Tarun! You must be psychic because I forgot to mention the price. But yes, it will be $10.

All three review copies have now been sent out - Thanks for the interest!

Mike
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1426 Posts

Martin Vetter (magikeren) sent me a great idea for a variation on Predetermination and I have now devised and added a new effect (Seven Shooter) based on Martin's idea. I'll send out updated PDFs of More Mind Magic to those who received review copies.

Seven Shooter is a packet trick with a Russian Roulette plot. The seven barrels of a gun are represented by six blank cards and one BANG! card. These are mixed and placed in a face-down pile on the table. The spectator then freely chooses a number which determines the cards (barrels) to be fired. Six blanks are fired, leaving the final BANG! card. Like the other effects in MMM, this is self-working.

Mike
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1426 Posts

I am pleased to announce that More Mind Magic has now been released by Lybrary.

http://www.lybrary.com/more-mind-magic-p-187779.html

If you have purchased this in the last 24 hours, please download it again in order to get the latest update which includes Seven Shooter.

Mike
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
901 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Nice new avatar, Michael!

I was lucky to get a review copy - I really like clever principles and if you're also a fan, you'll like this eBook a lot. Everything is pretty straightforward. The effects are practically self-working so you can fully focus on the presentation. The eBook is very nicely done with some photos and illustrations. Check it out!

Mike
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1426 Posts

Thanks Mike,

Mike
barneyfife
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of barneyfife
I also received a review copy. As alredy stated the effects are nearly selfworking and the concepts/principles can be used to create your own presentations. I am using the principle in the effect "Predetermination" to do a murder mystery effect. This ebook is definitely worth the asking price of $10 at http://www.lybrary.com/more-mind-magic-p-187779.html

Barney
Always in motion is the future
SHLONKY
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of SHLONKY
Any review copys left?
SHLONKY
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of SHLONKY
Sorry...guess I shudda read more than the first post Smile
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1426 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-07-23 20:07, barneyfife wrote:
I also received a review copy. As alredy stated the effects are nearly selfworking and the concepts/principles can be used to create your own presentations. I am using the principle in the effect "Predetermination" to do a murder mystery effect. This ebook is definitely worth the asking price of $10 at http://www.lybrary.com/more-mind-magic-p-187779.html

Barney

Thanks Barney. I like your idea of using the Predetermination principle for a murder mystery effect - this should play well.

Mike
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
I've just finished to read More Mind Magic and I confirm everything that has been already said above about it.

I want to add a two things :

- This e-book is very well produced and written. A real pleasure to read. Everything you need to know, even credits, is given.

- What I like with mental magic is that many principles are intellectually inspiring. That's the case with "Predetermination". It uses 7 cards and a clever principle. It's an interesting effect for bizarrists or story-teller magician. I will personnally test it with different topics, sometimes using the two faces of blank cards : 7 sins and vertues, 7 universal emotions (with a smiley figuring these emotions on the back of the cards), 7 greek sages maxims, 7 levels of Mithra divinity initiation, 7 days of week, 7 Hesperids, 7 sioux nation rituals...etc.

- The Russian Roulette effect with cards is a nice close-up effect and a perfect use of the principle explained in Predetermination.

I had a good time reading this e-book and I'll soon experiment different versions of Predetermination on my public.

Thank you Michael.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1426 Posts

Thanks for the review Fred!

I like your idea of adapting Predetermination for a bizarre/story-telling presentation. As you point out, many different seven-card variations could be used. I'd be interested to hear your experiences with Predetermination when you get a chance to test out your routines.

Mike
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Two things I teach to my magic students when they work on a new effect :

- "Have a good reason to do what you do." : each move, each procedure, each word of your presentation must be legitimate. Why do you deal the cards in two piles ? Why do you look at the cards after shuffling by the spectator ? Or why don't you allow the spectator to shuffle the cards ? Sometimes it's better to not explain these reasons BUT your spectator, often on a subconscious level, must be convinced that whatever you do or say is legitimate. If you act as you simply forgot to propose to the spectator to shuffle the cards then it's legitimate. This concept is very versatile. Intentionnallity is the key.

- "Don't ignore what can't be ignored. Face it and transform a weak point in a strong point" : as an Ericksonian hypnotherapist I learned this powerful principle when guiding in transe and use it in mentalism and magic. Beginners in magic love self-working effects but very often these effects use mathematical principles that make the effect boring and weak from a magical point of view. So with my student we work a lot to legitimate every aspect of these effects they want to perform and we face the weak points to ask ourself : "how can I use this weak point so it seems to be a strong or interesting point of this effect ?" And if the mathematical principle is too evident let's talk about the fascinating properties of maths ! Hidding the dust under the carpet is not good strategy. Even bold approach is not that.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1426 Posts

Good advice, Fred! I like to think that I include good plots and justifications for my effects and procedures, but the great thing about principles is how adaptable they are, and how much they can stimulate the creativity of the performer.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » More Mind Magic by Michael Daniels (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL