The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic Place "Devlin Dollar" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I watched the teaser and thought they were selling Rolls-Royces:

http://magicplace.com/criss-angel-presents

It would be nice to see a routine as this is meaningless at this point.

Magic Place team, please add a paypal option and please put some thought into making teasers that accomplish that.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
On another thread Magic Place posted:

"In regards to the Devlin Dollar, it's nothing more than a teaser to show you that we have something else coming up. The full trailer will be released soon showing you exactly what the effect is".
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
I have seen The Devlin Dollar... it looks terrific! Joe Devlin came up with an incredibly visual effect using an unorthodox method... this is worth keeping your eye on..

Sf
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Thanks, Sean. Looking forward to the actual trailer.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
I believe you can see the actual change in the Magic Place trailer, the one advertising the relaunch, etc.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It's up for sale on Criss's site for $24.95. Doesn't say if a DVD comes with. I didn't care for the trailer. Still seems like an ad for Rolls Royce.

http://magicplace.com/product/devlin-dollar

A $1 bill visually transforms into a $100 bill without ANY folding. That's right . . . No Folding! And no concealments in either hand! This is an incredible transformation from any denomination into another and with most world currency - YOU choose! This beautiful effect and method is revolutionary - requiring NO folding of the bill, thumb tip or ANY switches for the visual transformation. This is ONE BILL that literally morphs into another in the most astonishing visual magical way--it’s movie magic--LIVE! Comes complete with special gimmicks, four routines and step-by-step detailed instructions from the creator and award-winning magician Joe Devlin. Plus Criss Angel's street performance routine is also included.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Is the bill left in the spectator's hands after the change?
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 01:07, magicHart wrote:
Is the bill left in the spectator's hands after the change?

If that was possible, that would be one of the main selling points. Since it's not, I'd have to say no, but I'm only speculating.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It might help if they show Criss's street performance routine from start to finish. We'd see if the bill was borrowed, handed out, etc.

Right now, too many doubts about it for me to order.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I watched the full performance on the party video..and they flashed the heck out of it...from what I saw there is no way you can hand it STRAIGHT out after the change.
JM
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
The secret for success is to change a one dollar bill into a hundred dollar bill & then throw it on the ground while sitting in the back of Criss Angels car before you leave his mansion.

I finally know the secret to success.

Mike

P.S. It does look good!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1926 Posts

Profile of ted french
It looks good and I think Magic Place is trying to offer something different than other websites with their look and feel. All the major companies out there have their own style and Magic Place has a very edgy monster energy drink affliction t-shirt vibe to it. Theory11 has a really cool ultra hip vibe that connects with young people really well. Paper Crane is like an indie rock version of a magic site. D&D are total class with their vibe. Anyways they all have a different look to them and I could describe them all but my point is to do well you need to stand out and just try to be original. Magic Place is probably just trying to connect with an audience that is more extreme.
P3
practice practice perform.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Maybe the Wizard product Review can review Devlin's Dollar.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
557 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Quote:
On 2012-07-16 08:43, ted french wrote:
It looks good and I think Magic Place is trying to offer something different than other websites with their look and feel. All the major companies out there have their own style and Magic Place has a very edgy monster energy drink affliction t-shirt vibe to it. Theory11 has a really cool ultra hip vibe that connects with young people really well. Paper Crane is like an indie rock version of a magic site. D&D are total class with their vibe. Anyways they all have a different look to them and I could describe them all but my point is to do well you need to stand out and just try to be original. Magic Place is probably just trying to connect with an audience that is more extreme.

Good analytical statement. Never thought of it like that before
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-07-16 08:43, ted french wrote:

Nice post---I agree
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I think most of us wish Criss well with his new site. In the end, it's the magic that counts. I hope they post a performance of Criss doing Devlin's Dollar. It's the kind of thing you have to see performed live to know it's for you or not.
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
Just a heads up that everyone that purchases the Devlin Dollar also gets the Ill Switch download FREE from Sean Fields. This is Sean's previous Infinity Switch that he's now offering to you absolutely free to you can start changing ones to hundreds right away. Think of it as our gift to you! You can see the demo for both the Devlin Dollar and Ill Switch at http://magicplace.com/product/devlin-dollar

MP
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Magic Place, can you post a performance of Criss doing Devlin's Dollar?
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
We'll definitely look into adding that to the Devlin Dollar page Zombie. Good suggestion sir!

MP
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22566 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Chris Angel is known to use stooges and multiply takes to get the desired results of a prefect trick presentation. So how would you know any more of the trick if Chris Angel was on screen. It would just be a very edited clip.

I think someone has a thing for Chris Angel. Zombie Magic cannot stop saying his name (4 times and counting) and yearning for a video of him. LOL Only kidding with you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic Place "Devlin Dollar" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL