The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic Place "Devlin Dollar" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
music
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of music
Will this magic site be advertised to everyone that watches the next Chris Angel special?
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2011 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Does anyone have this? Is. It really as clean as the video makes it appear?
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
EVERYTHING Chris Angel sponsored is at risk! You've been warned!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I liked the trailer. I think Joe Devlin can certainly pull off that "Hahaha, I'm a rich magician." attitude. He's a good actor in my opinion.
I also like the Rolls Royce. Nice car.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
We're sorry to hear you feel that way taiga. We can only hope in time we'll be able to show you, and others, that we're here to promote good magic.

Have a great week all!

MP
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
This is a great effect, and I think those that purchase it will use it. It looks exactly the same live!

As well, you also get my effect, ILLswitch, which was previously released as The Infinity Switch, to tremendous response from you, the community!

Bottom line, there is a lot of awesome with the Devlin Dollar; you won't be disappointed.

Sf
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
Quote:
On 2012-07-23 12:38, magicplace wrote:
We're sorry to hear you feel that way taiga. We can only hope in time we'll be able to show you, and others, that we're here to promote good magic.

Have a great week all!

MP

There is nothing personal here! It's just that everytime I see Chris Angel involved with something I can't help but think of how crappy he is without video/TV editing. It's OK for the public but there is absolutely no credibility to sell me anything. I wouldn't touch anything endorsed by him even with a 10 foot pole! I know that you've lost a lot magicians by using his image. Sorry, but someone had to let you know!...

Good luck, anyway! Wish you success, but it will be without me. There are plenty of other magic web site (or better yet, bricks and mortar shop)
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
307 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
So...any reviews on this yet?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Taiga Your statements are unfounded and simply not true. Criss Angel has a stage show, several full shows actually that are done live.
Some of his stuff form the Mindfeak show used accomplices but so what? Only magicians know. As far as the public is concerned he's awesome. I guess it's jealousy really.
Magicians as a group hate to see other magicians do well. Ad really.
James

Quote:
On 2012-07-23 20:34, taiga wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-23 12:38, magicplace wrote:

Have a great week all!

MP

There is nothing personal here! It's just that everytime I see Chris Angel involved with something I can't help but think of how crappy he is without video/TV editing. It's OK for the public but there is absolutely no credibility to sell me anything. I wouldn't touch anything endorsed by him even with a 10 foot pole! I know that you've lost a lot magicians by using his image. Sorry, but someone had to let you know!...

Good luck, anyway! Wish you success, but it will be without me. There are plenty of other magic web site (or better yet, bricks and mortar shop)
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1350 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On 2012-07-24 02:33, Xiqual wrote:
Taiga Your statements are unfounded and simply not true. Criss Angel has a stage show, several full shows actually that are done live.
Some of his stuff form the Mindfeak show used accomplices but so what? Only magicians know. As far as the public is concerned he's awesome. I guess it's jealousy really.
James

I don't think it's the "accomplices" that annoy magicians but the obvious and blatant video editing, ripping off other people's ideas without permission and general attitude when it comes to business dealings. I doubt jealousy enters into it at all.
Official Thread Killer
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
If you mean the Cirque du Soleil and Criss Angel "Believe" show? You really don't want to bring up one of the worse shows in Vegas do you? Not only that, it's the first time Cirque du Soleil has lost money on one of their shows. The Luxor had to put a few million of their own to keep the show afloat.

He also had a very bad stage show before Mindfreak in the old WWE building. Criss Angel`s success came to him because of his over use of camera tricks and special effects, not to mention that the audience on his shows were confederates and paid actors. No one wants to see magic go into that direction. Laypeople have already figured out that Criss Angel uses camera tricks and confederates.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I don't care for Criss Angel one way or the other, but there is apparently a lot of truth to the critism about Criss Angel. His show constantly gets bad reviews, and is considered one of the worse shows in Vegas. Here is just one review of thousands. I did a little checking to see if I could find a good review. I did, but it was on one of Criss Angel's websites.

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/cirque-du-soleil-......as-vegas

Now that I've said that, I think it's important to focus on the product and not some guy who is producing it. The Devlon Dollar looks decent, and if I decide to buy it or not has nothing to do with Criss Angel. Let's be fair here and give a good clear judgement on the trick, and not allow Criss Angel to be the reason you don't buy it.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1976 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Danny,
if this counts as a positive review, I watched his live show in Vegas about a month ago and Criss was amazing and one of the most energetic performers I ve ever seen.
Apparently he is also super kind and nice if you meet him in person.
Now let's go back to "Devlin Dollar" Smile
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
[quote]On 2012-07-24 06:51, Xiqual wrote:
James

[quote]Xiqual

As for being jealous be sure that the peoples I'm jealous of are Dai Vernon, Ed Marlo, David Roth, Richard Ross, Juan Tamariz to name a few. And I know that I'm not alone! Strangely, Chris Angel is not among those names. For me Chris Angel remind me of an old joke:

"I can't sing, I can't dance and I can't tell jokes..."
"Why don't you stop show-business?"
"I can't, I'm a star!"

Every magician I know make fun of Chris Angel! I'm not the only one! Chris Angel is the proof that money can make a donkey a star!
shadowmage
View Profile
New user
USA
62 Posts

Profile of shadowmage
Not too much info on the effect in this thread so I decided to take a chance with it. I'll let you all know what I think when I receive it and try it out.
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
Also don't forget that everyone that purchases the Devlin Dollar also gets the Ill Switch from Sean Fields as a FREE download. We really wanted to give you more for your money, the Ill Switch, previously called the Infinity Switch, used to be sold as a one trick DVD but now you get it as our gift to you.

Enjoy!

MP
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Magicplace, the Café has members that are very seasoned. They have a great wealth of knowledge about magic. That's good, because when something is great, they say so.

Any chance we can see a full, unedited performance of Devlin's Dollar?

Thank you for your consideration.
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
Quote:
On 2012-07-24 14:32, Zombie Magic wrote:
Magicplace, the Café has members that are very seasoned. They have a great wealth of knowledge about magic. That's good, because when something is great, they say so.

Any chance we can see a full, unedited performance of Devlin's Dollar?

Thank you for your consideration.

What a great idea! I wish Magicplace prove me I'm wrong!! While waiting for it, if you really want to do dollar bill magic, do yourself a favor and buy "SWITCH by John Lovick" a wonderful book that cover more than you'll ever use about dollar bill switch.
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Danny: if you have seen the show, then you will be singing a different tune. come to vegas and I'll personally buy you a ticket.
taiga: if you were a magician with any knowledge of magic, you would realize that,the method does not matter to anyone but the magician. the "purist" magician is usually an amateur with no real performing experience and has no idea what it takes to have a television show that goes on for 6 seasons. ask Copperfield, or Blaine. For some reason, when they do things Criss did, its ok but because Criss does it, its bad. come to Vegas and I'll personally buy you a ticket.

Devlin Dollar is a great effect and a clever method for a classic effect in closeup magic.

Magic is in the mind of the spectator, not in the magician's eyes. focus on entertaining your audience in whatever venue you are performing and if you don't perform, get off the Café and go out there
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I'd comment about Criss's show (that my buddy fell asleep during) but this thread is about the Devlin Dollar which I haven't see one real review about so...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic Place "Devlin Dollar" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL