The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic Place "Devlin Dollar" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-11 16:05, magicplace wrote:
We had requests for a live On Location demo of the Devlin Dollar so here ya go! We didn't want you guys to think it was all just an ad for Rolls Royce afterall! We apologize that it took us this long to get the clip up but we are listening and will continue to do our best to give you, the consumer, what you want as we continue to grow as a company. http://magicplace.com/product/devlin-dollar

Thanks for the feedback!

MP

Thanks for having Criss demo it.

The routine was poor. They had a $100 folded up and secured on the pen. Criss stepped back, took out a $1 and changed it into a $100. They looked down and their $100 .......was still a $100. It should have been a $1. Instead, it was still a $100.

??????????

Criss went over and changed it, but that's two different tricks. You could do that routine with any method and it would still be poor.

I wanted to like it.
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
No worries, we're learning as we go! Thanks again for the honest feedback guys.

MP
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-11 17:13, magicplace wrote:
No worries, we're learning as we go! Thanks again for the honest feedback guys.

MP

Thanks for not getting angry.

I don't have a TV or Vegas show, so don't just go by me. Others may love it.
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
You only learn by seeing what works and what doesn't so of course we aren't going to be angry Smile

It's always important to try and learn something new everyday.

To the future!

MP
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1350 Posts

Profile of Stucky
WTF was that? I like how at first he kinda showed both sides with some odd flourish. I am also amused by how the "On location" is his store. That just makes me think the girls are employees watching.

This is not a demo that makes me wanna get this. Neither of them have been.
Official Thread Killer
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
LOL

I was laughing when Criss did the paddle move with the pen and bill. Like that wasn't obvious enough considering the pen's lid clip was on the other side, then he does the paddle move to make it appear the bill changes on the pen, and there is the clip part of the pen lid holding the bill. We asked for a demo, and we got one. Should we expect more from Criss Angel?

I was originally interrested in this, but after that video, I don't think it's for me.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4636 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Is the link working for anyone? The whole site seems to be down...

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-09-11 21:15, Ben Train wrote:
Is the link working for anyone? The whole site seems to be down...

Ben

It's working.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
That's the best I've seen from Criss Angel.

I'm impressed at how he can wear any hat, in this case magic shop pitchman, without worrying about how it may reduce his credibility as a celebrity illusionist or the "Mindfreak" in the eyes of his layperson fans. Or how it may lessen their respect for magic overall when they see that all it takes to become a Mindfreak is access to mom's credit card.

Bravo Criss.

DD
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
HA! HA! HA! HIIIIIII! (keuf! keuf!) Excuse me! Almost choke myself to death while laughing after seeing Criss Angel doing the "Devlin Dollar". OMG don't ever let him do the advertisement for something else . And what can we say about his "chicks magnet" attitude. Please, don't let him on the loose again! One dollar change for a 100 dollar bill... EVERYBODY expect the bill clipped on the pen to have switch place with the one in his hand. NOT IN THE MIND FREAK WORLD!! You need to do THE WORST paddle sequence in the history of magic to conclude an already weak effect!! Criss Angel you are definitively my favorite lunatic!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2932 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I've seen tons of stuff from Chris Angel on the shelves at Walmart....I'm sure(?)this one will be next.
Hey everyone is entitled to make a buck. I'm just not going to support something that will be on the shelves of my local discount store.
Your mileage may vary.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I suddenly feel bad. The work Devlin put into this effect should be respected. For a moment, even in Criss Angel's hand, putting everything else aside, the change did look visual. I bet in the right hands, with a good routine, this could be a great effect. Unfortuneately, in the demo, it was in the wrong hands.

There are always the reviews to also go on and not just Criss Angel's performance of it. I'll keep an open mind. Maybe they'll make a new demo.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The real issue is there have been so many visual bill changes created that look better than the Devlin Dollar demos that we've been shown

Lonnie Chevrie's Spritz Change:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBinhIGul9k

Doug McKenzie's Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzcw5EbuqNY
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1342 Posts

Profile of barts185
My $0.02:

Background - I am new to performing (always had an interest in magic, and did the occaisonal trick for friends / family), and so am in the process of building my routines and repetoire and items. I've been looking to see which, if any, bill change is for me. I do not yet own one.

I was leaning towards actually getting the Devlin Dollar to try it out, and because I've seen a lot of decent / good reviews of the infinity switch.

After watching the product video, I can NOT purchase this. I read through this whole thread, and really was hoping for more out of the product video.

And, in case people are wondering - I have nothing against Criss. I'm looking for good products / techniques, and will purchase ones I think will help me to build my career.

Bart
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1350 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I heard a rumor that the Devlin dollar is an an almost exact duplicate of another effect from a south american (might be wrong on the location) magic company. Anyone else hear this?
Official Thread Killer
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Since this thread has never generated any real interrest other than those from magicplace, I thought I would post on here again just to send the post back up to watch it go back down again. (lol) Same thing as pulling the wings off of flies.
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
Wow Danny, thanks for the support sir. We're a new company and doing the best we can to find our way. This kind of talk definitely lights the fire to make us try even harder now. Thanks for the motivation!

MP
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Someone needs either 1. a girlfriend/boyfriend
2.get some gigs and do magic for real people instead of troll the Café
3. a life
4. therapy
finding enjoyment pulling wings off of flies?
serial killer tendencies much?
stay classy Danny
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Hey Mark,(jf4viva)

I had a few drinks in me last night when I made the post. A few of us were sitting around laughing about MagicPlace how little the two effects have generated any interrest other than magicplace staff. I would of asked this morning for the post to be deleted as I agree, it wasn't very classy of me. However, I feel good knowing that my post has lit a fire to make you guys try harder at magicplace. Great way to turn a negative into a positive.

Considering this thread is back from falling a couple of pages away, any publicity is good publicity wouldn't you agree? Smile
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Danny, as I see it, you probably have a drinking problem with all the crap you spew when you are on the Café, and when you pick your outfits, and when you generally exist.
as the old adage says, "if you have nothing nice to say ,Shut the F up. Smile toodles

Mark Calabrese
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic Place "Devlin Dollar" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL