The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Routines with two of three chop cups? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1078 Posts

Profile of taller8
Is there such a routine using 2 or 3 identical non stacking chop cups?

Just wondering.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1453 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
A while ago I was working on a routine with two cups called Good Cup/Bad Cup.

I must get back to that.
"But there isn't a door"
Richard Doyle
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
125 Posts

Profile of Richard Doyle
RNT use to sell a set of cups and balls using a chop cup as one of the cups. I don't know if they still sell this set or not.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
I have a set of copper cups were one is a chop, but I do not know the maker.
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
I believe Bazar de magia sells single brass chop cups that match the rest of their cup range,they look the same from the outside but have a noticeable difference on the inside but,if you were to use 2 or 3 of these no one would notice.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1155 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I'm not sure the other replies are addressing your questions. They are referring to a combo set of cups, which is essentially a set of cups for the cups and balls, where one of the cups is chopped. These are quite common.

You are asking however if a routine exists using 2 or 3 chop cups, that are non-stacking. For example, 2 Don Alan cups, which are non-stacking. I have not heard of one, if one exists. Sounds like an interesting challenge though. Why don't you come up with one!
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1453 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
My routine uses two non-stacking, identical chop cups.

I have taken it up again.
It's a bit of a challenge.
"But there isn't a door"
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
729 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
David Reagal has a routine with 3 C Cups, though not used in the conventional CC way.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
There is, if memory serves me, a routine by Marlo, in "Arcade Dreams" that uses three Ch****d cups.

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3280 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Ursusminor

Which brings up the question, would anyone know how common is a chop cup stacking and nesting routine with three chopped cups while using chopped and straight balls to perform the vanishes and appearances
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8514 Posts

Profile of funsway
The approach known as "Scout Around" that uses the new collapsible silicon Boy Scout cups can use multiple cups is several different configurations -- and either Chopped or not at will "on the fly." Since these can also pick up a ball from the flat table many effects are possible that cannot be achieved with regular cups. The eBook described many Moves and Sleights that can be used to construct multi-cup routines. Check eversway.com
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
Thought I would add that I have a set of two wooden cups made, I think, by Mikame that are just cylindrical, both of which are "chopped". One cup is slightly smaller and slides inside the other with a "glove" fit. Bottoms are not recessed. It's a neat little set, and, routines can vary, but, I never get time to work with them.

Thanks...Michael
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
Make one up...! I have two 3-chop sets, because I like how clean it is. Although its so easy it feels like cheating. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Routines with two of three chop cups? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL