The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The fear returns. Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rmann
View Profile
New user
Milton VT and a forum newbie with only
96 Posts

Profile of rmann
@Amazing Pog As a preacher I too speak for a living. Yet, today I performed two quick effects for a mother and her little girl and my hands were shaking. You are right...it is something everyone has to deal with. I recall hearing Red Skelton say years ago that he threw up before every show of his long and distinguished career. I guess I personally count myself lucky that my nervousness only makes my hands shake!
_

Pastor Ray Mann

Champlain Valley Church of the Nazarene

St. Albans, VT (USA)

"...to Him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever." Ps 136:4
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
Yes, rmann, I too am glad it's only my hands that shake! It could be much worse ... Smile
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
Nervousness happens to most performers. Most of them also say being nervous helps them give a better performance. But in magic, it helps if your hands don't shake. Once they start, it is hard to cslm them down.

So start with a warm up of your audience and become friends before you do any magic. That helps to calm you down. Then do a dead simple trick you can do in your sleep. Have fun. Once you get that done, the nervousness will probably be gone.
Mr_Malloy
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Mr_Malloy
I was a professional comedian for quite some time and then began studying mentalism and seance work. After a good solid run with a partner that suddenly went sour, I fell into a bottle. The whiskey eventually lost, but its weird how it all can set back in. In fact, "stage fright" was the first thing I searched for upon coming back to Magic Café. I'm actually so nervous that I'm having trouble rehearsing. Wonderful bootstrapping thoughts on this thread. Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The fear returns. Help (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL