The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Quote:
On 2002-05-28 19:17, Lonnie Dilan wrote:
man o man...I totally forgot to mention shoot. This guy is just not human!! he had my brain bleeding when I first saw his matrix routines.

I wasn't drinking that night, but I had to be carried out of the castle.

GREAT! Shoot is one of the featured highlights at the "Close-Up and in the Parlour" convention here in Minneapolis next weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing this guy in action.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6247 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2002-05-30 12:12, Geoff Williams wrote:
Quote:
On 2002-05-28 19:17, Lonnie Dilan wrote:
man o man...I totally forgot to mention shoot. This guy is just not human!! he had my brain bleeding when I first saw his matrix routines.

I wasn't drinking that night, but I had to be carried out of the castle.

GREAT! Shoot is one of the featured highlights at the "Close-Up and in the Parlour" convention here in Minneapolis next weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing this guy in action.

You won't be dissappointed. He just came back from a Miami convention where he was a hit. Some of the other comments from other posters can attest to his skill. When he works he has a rule of not using any extra coins or gimmicked ones so you'll see stuff that looks impossible and when he tells you how it's done you'll faint. At the convention please go up to him and have him do what we call the Coca Cola routine. He will keep sipping a coke and do incredible onehanded effects as you hold onto a purse frame. The guy is a walking miracle and I'm very proud to have him as a friend.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
I have been using Dean Dill's stuff mostly.

I really like the thought that he puts into each of his effects.

Tony
Tony Chapparo
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
I know it's been said before, but I'll second David Williamsons matrix from Williamsons wonders, the cards are buckled which I believe really adds to the illusion.

Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4834 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Cool,
If you are looking for Two card reverse Matrix. I have A full Reverse ( IE. You lift the leader Card and show all Four coins to be there Before the Reverse!). I also have A two Backfire Reverse Matrix. And one that changes to China coins at the end! Along with A One card Reverse And A one card backfire. And A no card reverse. And tons of outher stuff. Stop me when you see one you Like Smile. Thanks!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
I saw Shoot Ogawa in action at the recent "Close-Up and in the Parlour" convention here in Minneapolis and it was fabulous.

He performs a progressively-difficult Matrix routine first using 2 cards, then only 1 card and, finally, with no cards at all.

Looked like real magic to me.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6247 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
He also does an eight coin, four card matrix which happens on his left and right. He is doing a four coin matrix with each hand simultaneously and there is a kickback on one of the sets. He did this for Dean Dill and Dean looked as if a steam roller had hit him.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
576 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
Quote:
On 2001-09-09 00:55, Steve Brooks wrote:
I was kinda curious as to what some of you here think of the Matrix effect, and which version you like to use. Smile

Hi Steve,

I put together a very nice routine using one card and "4" half dollars seen on the mat before starting the routine.

Using an empty hand (right hand), the coins are picked up and spread on the table. Next one of the coins is picked up and with a magicial jesture tossed towards the card on the table. The tabled card is turned over and a coin is found underneath. The right hand is shown empty once again. The last three coins appear one at a time with the same hand doing the moves.
Lastly the left hand moves the card aside and a large coin appears from underneath the same card.
All this from moves that most of us already do.

Mago
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
I have been looking for a way to incorperate a jumbo coin into my matrix routine, My favorite is Dean Dills Simple matrix with a backfire, I have it down... I was thinking about a kids routine with 4 half dollars,
using the patter of the 3 little pigs, but in my story there are 4 little pigs, you state that "in my story, my 4 little pigs have names", and you use some names shouted out by the kids.. you do a matrix, and act like the big bad wolf is blowing down their house, and they run so fast to the brick house of their brothers that you did not see them.... I want to end the trick with a jumbo finally, placing all four cards in the center of the matt, and stating " the 4 little pigs thought about building one big house that they all could live in, but decided not to, for it would leave too many places for the big bad wolf to hide".... pick up the 4 cards on the table to reveal a jumbo coin hidden beneath them.. This has just been floating around in my head for a while, and thought I would post it up. let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas on how to get that jumbo under the cards at the end...I will keep working on it
Later
Tom Defrange
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
magicmanr
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of magicmanr
I think "Shadow Coins" is a brilliant, very visual Matrix routine....Watch Michael Ammar do it, and you'll have to pick your jaw up off the floor...
wert
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of wert
Quote:
On 2002-06-25 09:43, MAGICTOM wrote:
I have been looking for a way to incorperate a jumbo coin into my matrix routine,

Why not use the Paul Harris effect "Giant Killer Coin" from the art of astonishment books? It's a good simple matrix with a giant coin climax that is really good. And the initial "steal" of the coin is one of the best I've seen...
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
I will check that out first chance I get
Thanks!
Tom Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL